What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I'm on a 9/16 sailing and just got the upgrade email. It's been booked for awhile and paid off, so I figured I wasn't going to get one as I had bid and withdrawn last time. Guess they want to give me another chance, but I'm not going to bid. I love the balcony cabin I have now and it's not worth $400 pp or $750 pp to us for a chance at Haven. We've had a Haven and did enjoy, but just not worth those extra $$ to us. Would much rather cruise more often now that we have the time to. And I would never bid on a Mini that I couldn't choose the location of.....I'm happy with my balcony:cool:

Has anyone had a "poor" bid accepted? Wondering if there is one particular room category we want but would be okay with a different if we should just bid on the one we want to increase our chances of getting that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have sailed NCL in the haven a few times but this is the first time i have received a chance to bid for an upgrade on the Escape in the haven. My strategy in determining the amount i bid was decided by doing some research on the fish web site. I looked at past cruises on the same ship and date last year as well as future cruise prices on the cabin categories on which I will place bids. I have 70+ days to wait, so we will see what happens

Sailing on the Dawn and a first time NCL cruiser. Originally paid for outside cabin, but got the email for bidding on upgrade so I thought I'd try it to see what happens. Got an email recently confirming we now have a mini-suite with balcony. First time with a balcony and our first cruise without children in 24 years, so very excited. Hoping it's worth the wait...

Has anyone had a "poor" bid accepted? Wondering if there is one particular room category we want but would be okay with a different if we should just bid on the one we want to increase our chances of getting that?

I have read of some getting a balcony for minimum bids. Just do a little research and you will see that on the big ships they often have balconies available close to sailing date. If you are inside or oceanview and there are a lot of balconies showing it could happen. For a Haven.....minimum bid is doubtful from what I've read here.

Sailing on the Dawn and a first time NCL cruiser. Originally paid for outside cabin, but got the email for bidding on upgrade so I thought I'd try it to see what happens. Got an email recently confirming we now have a mini-suite with balcony. First time with a balcony and our first cruise without children in 24 years, so very excited. Hoping it's worth the wait...[/quote

When are you sailing?

I am sure NCL wins everytime! We got our upgrade from a balcony to a mini suite on the Sun..total cost about the same if we originally booked the mini suite in the first place.

I wouldn't normally get too excited about an upgrade from balcony to mini, but on the Sun the minis are special. Are you forward or aft?

Alright, my 90 days out date is approaching and I'm trying to figure out what email address I should be looking for. Searching the thread is a bit hard since nearly everyone mentions the word email :)

Can someone tell me what the from address is on the bidding email so I can put out an alert to watch for it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Alright, my 90 days out date is approaching and I'm trying to figure out what email address I should be looking for. Searching the thread is a bit hard since nearly everyone mentions the word email :)

Can someone tell me what the from address is on the bidding email so I can put out an alert to watch for it?

It will be the email address you used on your booking of the cruise.

Edited by nealjr
spelling

I know my address, I am interested in knowing their address, i.e. Upgradeadvantage@ncl.com

You will receive a "banner" when you log into your account,.if they are using the same procedure to notify you that you are able to bid on an upgraded., It was in May that I received my notification that I was successful on my upgrade. I don't remember any email address because it was on NCL website that the notification came on.

The subject of the email will be Norwegian upgrade advantage.

As a few others mentioned, I never received any email. I just happened to notice on day 80 the banner and message when I logged into my account on ncl.com.

That said, the email confirmation I received after placing my bid came from:

Norwegian's Upgrade Advantage <upgradeadvantage@ncl.com>

So I take it that pending merely means NCL got my offer and I shouldn't do the happy dance till it says processing. If the company was smart it would upgrade me now and then tempt with a suite. 😁 I've already bitten once.

Jim in limbo in Toledo

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So I take it that pending merely means NCL got my offer and I shouldn't do the happy dance till it says processing. If the company was smart it would upgrade me now and then tempt with a suite. 😁 I've already bitten once.

Jim in limbo in Toledo

That is correct:D

So I take it that pending merely means NCL got my offer and I shouldn't do the happy dance till it says processing. If the company was smart it would upgrade me now and then tempt with a suite. [emoji16] I've already bitten once.

Jim in limbo in Toledo

Haha! I like the way you think!