Pool attendant doing great job on Freedom!!

dizneydawn

At least one other poster can see the potential problem that these two polices can cause.

Pool attendants can make mistakes (they are not perfect) and remove the wrong towels' date=' notes can be moved, etc. Charges may be issued to hogs as well as considerate passengers.[/quote']

Last year, the attendant at the oasis beach pool had a clipboard with the chairs marked. They used that to monitor usage, no need for post-it's

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I hope this enforcement against chair hogs doesn't catch on. That means I'll have to pack my own flip flops, sunglasses, and reading materials.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, lack of enforcement of chair hogs has been one of my pet peeves and a regular comment on my end-of-cruise evaluation for years. People are increasingly selfish and self-centered and need policing. You can't depend on them to regulate their own behavior.

As long as you do not have to sign a slip for the towel they can NEVER charge you....

The towel fee is a hoax!:rolleyes:

You use your seapass card to check out the towel. They charge for many things you don't sign for. You may be able to dispute it but doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Be sure to fill out a comment card regarding your satisfaction with your pool attendant. They are often overlooked when tipping time comes. better yet go to the front desk and make a huge fuss about the attendant . They will be in shock because they only hear complaints.

I definitely wrote aboutthe pool attendants in my comment card! Best new thing I've seen on a ship in a LONG time, and that includes all the additions of slides and whatnot. Pool attendants top that! It just solves so many pool deck problems, I hope they keep doing it!

After the pool attendant on the Adventure found us two chairs, we sat in them for about 4 hours, and the people who originally had towels on them either never came back or saw us sitting in them and walked on by.

• 3 weeks later...
How does the towel removal policy work with the policy of charging for towels that aren't returned?

I wonder if towels have a specific number to know WHO to charge for missing towel. If so, I wish they would start using it as a way of hitting them with a chair hog fine! Lol!!!

I came up to the Solarium this morning at 8:10 and got what appeared to be the last chair with nothing on it!! But soon after I arrived the pool attendant was checking post it notes he had left on chairs and removed items from a bunch of chairs!! So happy to see them actually enforce the rules!! The chair next to me he came over and removed the items at 0900 and his note had 0802 on it so he was very generous since the rule is 30 min.

We were on Freedom last December and never saw anything like this. It was a challenge finding a chair.

I wonder if towels have a specific number to know WHO to charge for missing towel. If so, I wish they would start using it as a way of hitting them with a chair hog fine! Lol!!!

Let's be practical. There are enough mistakes with people being charged for towels when they returned them, RCI's not going to fight if someone says "I returned the towel, refund my charge". That's all a chair hog needs to do.