Counting of Mariner days- math question

Toad

I currently have 171 days on HAL. Soon we will be traveling on a 14 day cruise in a suite. So I think that will give me 28 days to add, having the total number of Mariner days of 199. Does the HSC count toward monies spent on board? The way I am figuring this is if we never spent another dime on the cruise (impossible, but just for arguments sake) we would be billed 13.50 per person per day for the HSC bringing the total to $378.00 dollars for two people. The web site states for each $300.00 spent on board you get one additional day. So if the HSC counts, I should have 200 days when this cruise is over right?

Just $300 more spent on things other than the Hotel Service Charge will give you that magic one extra day ....so you too , just like like we spent our way up to four star,, in order to that "free" $20 bag of laundry.

Do you want us to help you figure out ways to spend that extra $300 - shore excursions, spa services, salon services, wine, thermal suite, in room chocolate strawberries and flowers, ........last gasp not free laundry packages and dry cleaning ....

Yes the HSC counts, and gifts from friends or TA's do too. In my experience HAL does a very generous round-up of on board spending, so with just the $378 spent you will likely end up with 201 credits! Congratulations!

Edited by jtl513

Oh this is good to know..... Now everything else will be a bonus BUT only one $20.00 bag of laundry and not unlimited?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Next cruise after the one you are about to take will give you 4 Star status and unlimited complimentary laundry and pressing, 50% off Pinnacle, Caneletto, etc, Explorations Cafe, mini bar and some priority things. See the HAL website for all the rewards at this level.

Enjoy your cruise and start planning the next!

Yes the HSC counts, and gifts from friends or TA's do too. In my experience HAL does a very generous round-up of on board spending, so with just the $378 spent you will likely end up with 201 credits! Congratulations!

That was also my experience when crossing the 200-cruise-night-credit thingie. On our cruise that crossed it, we got a nice little 4-star pin on our cabin door a day after the Mariner luncheon (didn't go, as we'd had breakfast @ 8:30 am, and "lunch" was at 11:00 am). #YMMV

I think the answer to my question is "no" but I'm going to ask it anyway. We got Explore4 as a perk on our upcoming cruise, will those perks count as our on board spending? I'll be surprised but very happy if they do.

I'm pretty sure they do! :D

Last cruise, we had free gratuities only. The gratuities were posted to the on board account and then creditted out. At the end of the cruise, the total cruise days posted to our Mariner accounts was based on the spend including the free gratuities! :D

Oh this is good to know..... Now everything else will be a bonus BUT only one $20.00 bag of laundry and not unlimited?

Your 4-star benefits will not take effect during this cruise, unless it is a Grand Voyage. We were given our 4-star pins, however, at the end of the voyage.

It may sound silly, but I am excited about becoming a four star!

NOT silly! There are some good rewards! Your earned them! We became 4 star at the inception of the Star program, so never had the opportunity to be excited about that one.

Wait until you hit 5 Star: very good additions to the rewards!

I think the answer to my question is "no" but I'm going to ask it anyway. We got Explore4 as a perk on our upcoming cruise, will those perks count as our on board spending? I'll be surprised but very happy if they do.

At the very least, the drinks won't count. They will not show up on your account as purchases (except for those over 15/day, which will count). You are not making an on-board purchase when you pay a higher fare for Explore 4.

It may sound silly, but I am excited about becoming a four star!

We were too, so no need for apologies. Plus it puts you into a favored category for different "insider" events which some scoff at, but we like them as they create a sense of "tribal loyalty". (Go team HAL)

On our last cruise at the Medallion Award Ceremony, the four and five star Mariners were asked to stand up and half the show lounge crowd stood up ....to a big laugh once we all saw how many of us there were on that cruise.

We were too, so no need for apologies. Plus it puts you into a favored category for different "insider" events which some scoff at, but we like them as they create a sense of "tribal loyalty". (Go team HAL)

On our last cruise at the Medallion Award Ceremony, the four and five star Mariners were asked to stand up and half the show lounge crowd stood up ....to a big laugh once we all saw how many of us there were on that cruise.

Not surprising as on most cruises the only Mariners invited to attend this are the ones with 100 or more "days" which means they are at least close to being 4 star.

Not surprising as on most cruises the only Mariners invited to attend this are the ones with 100 or more "days" which means they are at least close to being 4 star.

The funny point was, because as you say this initially will be a group of primarily high star Mariners at this event, but that there were so many of them at the 4-5 star level that they could fill nearly one half of the showroom.

The funny point was, because as you say this initially will be a group of primarily high star Mariners at this event, but that there were so many of them at the 4-5 star level that they could fill nearly one half of the showroom.

This is becoming quite the standard and is one reason there are events only for 5 Stars plus Neptune/Pinnacle Suites, we were told.

What does that mean, "different insider events" ?

I currently have 177 days with HAL and will be on the Zuiderdam in July for 26 days. I have booked and paid for three excursions for almost $800. Will the $800 count toward any mariner days even not booked and paid onboard.

You get the $800.00 towards total spending for the cruise. This amount would give you 3 cruise day credits.

Are your 177 "days" actually days or cruise day credits? There can be a huge difference.