Outrageous Excursion Price for Salsa/Salsa Cozumel. What do I do?

firecracker1

Carnival charges $49/pp for this excursion.NCL charges $119/pp.

Salsa and Salsa no longer takes private reservations.

Sounds like it would be fun, but that's a ridiculous amount of money for 4 hours of chips and salsa and bit of dancing. Anyone know of a more reasonably priced alternative?

We are independent travelers who speak spanish and try to book excursions on our own.

Look up cruise excursions in cozumel... We've booked Bar Hop Cozumel (yup that's the name of it) which is only $57pp and you go on a bus all over the island. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but it's a private tour and a lot less expensive. Use a search engine (I love google) and just look up whatever it is you're looking for. Much less expensive if you book private tours. ;)

We did the Salsa & Salsa tour a few years ago on Carnival and it was $99 pp, so at $119 now doesn't seem too bad.

It was a really fun tour but we thought there were too many salsa's to make, it got boring after about the fourth one, there were like seven.

• 11 months later...

So, I know this thread is old but wondering if I can get some info...a friend recommended this tour but it's now only available thru the ships and Celebrity is charging $99...wondering how crazy busy it is...they said they take 30-90 guests. I have a group of between 14-20 and really don't want to be in a 'cruise ship busload' tour!

Anyone had any recent experiences here?

Is it worth $99/per person?

Shoreexcursioneer dot com has this one available on the date of my cruise for $64.99

Cozumel Salsa and Salsa Excursion, Cooking and Dancing at Playa Mia Beach Club (S3133)

Oh my goodness!!!

Thank you Scsagh! I have contacted the company directly and they were adamant (as is their website) that they only deal thru the cruise ship...it's $64.99 for our sailing also! And reading the info on Shoreexcursioneer there are different times for the class, not everyone at one time.

Hmmm...now I don't know WHAT to do! Was already looking at other options for this date:cool:

Oh my goodness!!!

Thank you Scsagh! I have contacted the company directly and they were adamant (as is their website) that they only deal thru the cruise ship...it's $64.99 for our sailing also! And reading the info on Shoreexcursioneer there are different times for the class, not everyone at one time.

Hmmm...now I don't know WHAT to do! Was already looking at other options for this date:cool:

Unless Salsa, Salsa has changed venues that is not run by the same company.