Princess Club Class / Suites ???

Hdnwaters

Cruising on the Coral Princess, May 20th, Voyage of the Glaciers. This is our first cruise and we booked a suite. First of all, I don't consider myself to be "elite" in anyway. We are very fortunate that my husband travels for a living and acquires points for free/discounted trips. (I read in another thread where some were calling the Club Class "The Elite")

I do have questions about those that have traveled with the Club Class perks. My understanding is CC is something new to Princess????

When do you sign up for Club Class dining? I am currently signed up for TD but don't want to take that time slot from someone else if we are dining in CC. Should I change my dining plan to ATD?

With a suite or mini suite, do you get free bottled water? Unlimited? Trying to decide if I need to order a case of water.

What is the Lotus Spa thermal suite access?

Just another general question, can you bring soft drinks on board? Can you order mixers for your in room bar? My husband drinks bourbon and coke or gin and tonic, he wants to have them in the room instead of going to a bar every time he wants a drink.

Thanks for any comments or advice!

Cruising on the Coral Princess, May 20th, Voyage of the Glaciers. This is our first cruise and we booked a suite. First of all, I don't consider myself to be "elite" in anyway. We are very fortunate that my husband travels for a living and acquires points for free/discounted trips. (I read in another thread where some were calling the Club Class "The Elite")

Don't worry what people call it. Enjoy the percs you paid for. Some people have lots of time and prefer spending less for their cabins so they can cruise more often. Others don't have as much time and prefer spending a little more each time. Neither is better - it's just personal preference.

I do have questions about those that have traveled with the Club Class perks. My understanding is CC is something new to Princess????

Club Class is new. I have not traveled in Club Class yet, but I have traveled in suites several times, so I will try to answer as many of your questions as I can.

When do you sign up for Club Class dining? I am currently signed up for TD but don't want to take that time slot from someone else if we are dining in CC. Should I change my dining plan to ATD?

I agree you should sign up for ATD if you want to take advantage of the Club Class dining. There is no reason to retain a place in TD unless you want to dine with people who are not in Club Class - or you definitely want the same table and same waiter every night.

With a suite or mini suite, do you get free bottled water? Unlimited? Trying to decide if I need to order a case of water.

You will receive a free mini-bar at embarkation - not replenished unless you pay. It will include liquor, beer, soda, and bottled water. If you want a different mix, you can call room service to have it changed. You can replace liquor with different liquor, with soda, or with bottled water and you can replace soda and bottled water with different soda and bottled water - you just can't replace soda or bottled water with liquor.

In the past, suite passengers did not receive additional bottled water other than the one mini-bar. The tap water on the ship is as good as most bottled water, so you can always refill your bottles if you want.

The Lotus Spa Thermal Suite is located on the Lido deck next to the Beauty Salon. I'm not sure exactly what is included on the Coral - it's different on different ships. You would go to the Lotus Spa for access.

Just another general question, can you bring soft drinks on board? Can you order mixers for your in room bar? My husband drinks bourbon and coke or gin and tonic, he wants to have them in the room instead of going to a bar every time he wants a drink.

You can bring water and/or soft drinks onboard at no charge.

You can trade out the sodas in your mini-bar for coke and (possibly) tonic - I don't remember exactly what is available. You can do a search for other threads on this topic - I remember someone posted an exact list of what is included.

Have you booked a full suite or a Club Class mini suite? Only full suites have access to the Thermal Suite. You just need to show your cruise card at the Spa desk to get access the the TS. There are heated tile loungers (they should be heated) and several different temperature steam rooms for your use.

You can bring your own sodas and mixers on board. If you are in a full suite you will have a mini-bar with 10 soft drinks/water and the choices include Coke, soda water, and tonic water.

We have not sailed in Club Class but you just enter through the CC entrance to the DR and you should be seated right away.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you booked a full suite or a Club Class mini suite? Forums

We do have a full suite. This is our 30th anniversary trip. In 30 years we have only been on 3 other "splurge" trips that didn't involve company business! I could stay in a closet as long as I don't have to cook!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Go to your "Cruise Personalizer" on the Princess website. Select "dining" then select "Club Class."

ATD is not Club Class dining. Your cruise card will be checked at the entrance of CC Dining.

"Club Class Dining" is not an option on my Cruise Personalizer.

I am booked in suites on four future cruises - three on the Caribbean Princess and one on the Grand Princess and all after Club Class is implemented on these ships. On all four, my choices for dining on the Cruise Personalizer are "Anytime Dining" and "Traditional Dining".

If you want to eat in Club Class Dining and it is not an option on your Cruise Personalizer, then you should request Anytime Dining. Then you are welcome to switch back and forth between the Club Class Dining and the anytime dining rooms throughout the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear NavyVeteran, Have you indulged in the use of the Thermal Suites on the Caribbean Princess? Are they readily available or limited? I am looking forward to your review of Club Class dining. I am introducing a new passenger to 311. Long Story.

A quick search found numerous CC threads.

Here is one.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2441201&highlight=new+club+class

Was on the Grand Princess two weeks ago Mini Suite Clb Class. You can cancel TD. Since you are in a Suite Club Class is included. A portion of one of the dining rooms will designated as Club Class, there seperate enterance. Breakfast, lunch(on sea days) and dinner are served there. First time you arrive they will ask for your cabin number, they will have your name. After that they will recognize you and address you by name. The menu is the same as other dining rooms with the exception of one specialty item. For lunch the specialty item was always a pasta prepared on site, they were excellent. The service was fantastic, always the same waiters. They took a number of extra steps to serve us. One morning the Hostess went down to the International Cafe to get us specialty coffee. Breakfast Omelettes are made on site. We enjoyed Club Class and will book it again.

Was on the Grand Princess two weeks ago Mini Suite Clb Class. You can cancel TD. Since you are in a Suite Club Class is included. A portion of one of the dining rooms will designated as Club Class, there seperate enterance. Breakfast, lunch(on sea days) and dinner are served there. First time you arrive they will ask for your cabin number, they will have your name. After that they will recognize you and address you by name. The menu is the same as other dining rooms with the exception of one specialty item. For lunch the specialty item was always a pasta prepared on site, they were excellent. The service was fantastic, always the same waiters. They took a number of extra steps to serve us. One morning the Hostess went down to the International Cafe to get us specialty coffee. Breakfast Omelettes are made on site. We enjoyed Club Class and will book it again.

As you are sailing in a full suite, you will want to do breakfast everyday in Sabatini's. It is the best full suite perk.

Dear NavyVeteran, Have you indulged in the use of the Thermal Suites on the Caribbean Princess? Are they readily available or limited? I am looking forward to your review of Club Class dining. I am introducing a new passenger to 311. Long Story.

I looked at them but didn't really use them. I will probably try them out more in August.

We were in a full suite on the Regal Princess last month for back to back cruises. Every afternoon room service delivered two bottles of water to our cabin. We also once traded out the full mini bar setup for 18 cans of Coke. Another time we traded the setup for bottles of Perrier water.

We were registered for anytime dining and on some evenings we ate in the Club Class section of the deck 6 anytime dining room. Just go to the side of the entrance as indicated by a sign as for Club Class. Give your cabin number. They will check their list showing which cabins are eligible for Club Class. That list will have your names. You will then be seated.

Just returned recently from a short cruise with Princess in a suite - you will LOVE Sabatini's breakfasts, they are amazing, and service is top notch - as someone has previously stated, this is probably one of the best perks you get when cruising in a suite:)

• 2 months later...

Just back from the Coral Princess Alaska SB. Having the full suite was totally awesome! We loved our breakfast and wait staff at Sabatini's. Our first night's meal there was wonderful too! We also enjoyed the club class dining, afternoon canapés, and having our laundry done. It was fun viewing all the scenery from our own balcony! So spoiled and would pay the extra money to do a suite again!

Just back from the Coral Princess Alaska SB. Having the full suite was totally awesome! We loved our breakfast and wait staff at Sabatini's. Our first night's meal there was wonderful too! We also enjoyed the club class dining, afternoon canapés, and having our laundry done. It was fun viewing all the scenery from our own balcony! So spoiled and would pay the extra money to do a suite again!

SHHHH! If you let people know how good the suite life is, everyone will want a suite and the price will go up.

We are in a full suite can we trade out our mini bar setup every day? Without extra charge?

We were in a full suite on the Regal Princess last month for back to back cruises. Every afternoon room service delivered two bottles of water to our cabin. We also once traded out the full mini bar setup for 18 cans of Coke. Another time we traded the setup for bottles of Perrier water.

We were registered for anytime dining and on some evenings we ate in the Club Class section of the deck 6 anytime dining room. Just go to the side of the entrance as indicated by a sign as for Club Class. Give your cabin number. They will check their list showing which cabins are eligible for Club Class. That list will have your names. You will then be seated.

Glad you had a great time; I agree with you about paying for a suite. I alternate cruise and land vacations; so am on a cruise every two years. Its nice having the perks since we are not elite members and we sail on different cruise lines.

We are in a full suite can we trade out our mini bar setup every day? Without extra charge?

From what the people say on this and other threads; you can switch out your mini bar once on your cruise. Like on the first day; after that you have to pay. The suite perks guide on princess website says you receive daily two bottled water for every member of the suite

The mini bar is a one-time set up. Only item replenished daily is bottled water (for full suite guests). Any other beverages you request from room service after the initial set up you will pay for, even if you have the AIBP. Though if on back-to-back cruises as some of the above responses, you start fresh each turnaround day.

I'm curious where you got the impression that the mini-bar is replenished daily. From the person you booked through? Or just your experience sailing in Suites on more upscale lines?

We switched out items on our mini bar the first day. We got all gin, vodka, & tonic water. You only get the one mini bar set up. You can purchase extra bottles for the room if you want to.

The mini bar is a one-time set up. Only item replenished daily is bottled water (for full suite guests). Any other beverages you request from room service after the initial set up you will pay for, even if you have the AIBP. Though if on back-to-back cruises as some of the above responses, you start fresh each turnaround day.

I'm curious where you got the impression that the mini-bar is replenished daily. From the person you booked through? Or just your experience sailing in Suites on more upscale lines?

Just curious about the switch out rule, so on the first day we can switch out for all Tiquilla and wine?

Just curious about the switch out rule, so on the first day we can switch out for all Tiquilla and wine?

If you prefer a bottle of wine you would have to switch out the entire contents for one bottle.

You can switch the mini bottles liquor-for-liquor, mixer-for-mixer.

This is from the Princess website

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page (you must be logged in to the Circle Center):

Elite Mini-Bar

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine valued at $40 or less.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

We stayed in a suite for our last cruise.

Dining: Go for any time dining instead of traditional, club class doesn't show as a choice in your personalizer. Go to the club class entrance, where you're name will be checked against a list the first night, after that, the hostess will recognize you and greet you by name. You'll immediately be seated in the club class section. You can choose to have the same table and servers every night, or you can switch it up as you choose. You are welcome to come in just for dessert at any time, or if you'd just like a cup of coffee with a view, you can do that too. Really nice perk. On our late Mexico night, they had to take space from the main dining room to accommodate all the club class diners showing up at the same time. I know that's a touchy subject with some, but we did pay extra for immediate seating. The regular any time diners had about an hour wait that night.

Water: We had several in the room when we embarked, it was not replenished, but I'm sure if we would have asked more water would have been provided. As it was, we left with 3 bottles. Water from the ship is excellent.

thermal suite: Not available on the Grand, so we didn't get to try.