Is Soda Included in Dining Rooms?

beckatron

I know there is a soda package you can buy and/or you have to pay for individual sodas at bars, pools, etc. but is soda included at no extra cost in the dining room? If not how much would I expect to pay for one soda - do you get refills or do you pay for a can that they bring to you and if you want more they get you another can?

Thanks!

I know there is a soda package you can buy and/or you have to pay for individual sodas at bars, pools, etc. but is soda included at no extra cost in the dining room? If not how much would I expect to pay for one soda - do you get refills or do you pay for a can that they bring to you and if you want more they get you another can?Thanks!

Soda is not included in the dining rooms and you need to buy each one you consume unless you have the soda package. With the gratuity I believe it's about $2.25 per can.

Your best bet is to take a 12pk of soda (cans) with you on board with you. Stop at a convenience store before you board the ship and/or get you some in ports. Remember, each person can take a 12pk on.

We do this. We fly a day early and find a convenience store and buy a 12 pack each. just carry it on and walk right through security.

You can also buy it at a port and bring it on. Have done this in San Juan at the CVS right across from the port.

With the deluxe drinks package are drinks free up to $12 each on any part of the ship?

With Cheers drinks up to $50 are included, up to 15 alcoholic drinks per day. Also included with Cheers are soda, water, specialty coffees and milkshakes.

With the deluxe drinks package are drinks free up to $12 each on any part of the ship?

You're thinking of a different cruise line. There is no "deluxe drinks package" on Carnival. Cheers includes up to alcoholic drinks per day up to $50 (not that there are any that are close to that price) and unlimited non-alcoholic drives. Bottomless Bubbles covers soda, but not other non-alcoholic drinks (fancy coffee, milkshakes, etc.) Both packages work everywhere on the ship.

My husband does not drink and I probably will only have 2-3 alcoholic beverages a day at most so the Cheers package will not make sense for us. Not sure we would drink enough soda to make the soda package worth it either - will need to do the math. I don't like coffee or iced tea so it looks like it will mostly be water for me during meals (which is fine with me most of the time - drink water 90% of the time at home) but I thought a soda might be nice a few evenings. I have seen lemonade mentioned as a free drink option but I am going to guess that is the full sugar kind or do they have a diet lemonade? Might just bring some crystal light with me and make my own.

Thanks for the info.

The last time we went, on the Magic, it was like $1.80/soda. And we did not have the Bottomless Bubbles package like I did in the past. I brought a 12-pack of Pepsi on board this time. But I have had BB in the past. I figured it out and if I got about 4 sodas/day, it covered the cost of the BB package. And when I do have it, I often get at least 4/day. When I'm sitting out by the pool, if it gets warm, I just go get another one. As far as getting one for dinner, I always stop in the bar on the way to dinner to get a soda since sometimes the drink waitstaff is busy and it can take a little time. That way I have one soda to start with and can order another one later at dinner. I don't drink alcohol at all, so I want to have soda available. I also don't drink iced tea or lemonade.

Just an fyi--iced tea is free in the dining rooms.

Their iced tea is usually of the instant variety, which I can't stand.

For anyone who really likes iced tea, my suggestion is to order hot tea and two glasses of ice. Brew your own small pot of fresh tea and pour over ice. So much better than instant.

My husband does not drink and I probably will only have 2-3 alcoholic beverages a day at most so the Cheers package will not make sense for us. Not sure we would drink enough soda to make the soda package worth it either - will need to do the math. I don't like coffee or iced tea so it looks like it will mostly be water for me during meals (which is fine with me most of the time - drink water 90% of the time at home) but I thought a soda might be nice a few evenings. I have seen lemonade mentioned as a free drink option but I am going to guess that is the full sugar kind or do they have a diet lemonade? Might just bring some crystal light with me and make my own.

Thanks for the info.

Best plan the would be to bring a 12 pack of sodas on with you to enjoy as wanted and then I always bring some mios to mix with water from the buffet throughout the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh no! BB does not include shakes?

Looks like it's true - soda and juice only according to the Carnival website. Surely it includes bottled water???

If it says soda and juice on the Carnival website, why would you assume that it includes bottled water? It doesn't. It's called bottomless bubbles, not all inclusive non alcoholic options that are available on the ship.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

... because it was an impression formed from discussions prior to reading the website detail.

I thought it would be like Cheers less the grownup stuff - alcohol and coffee. But if it is really only soda and juice, then may as well forget about it and carry 12 packs of soda aboard.

... because it was an impression formed from discussions prior to reading the website detail.

I thought it would be like Cheers less the grownup stuff - alcohol and coffee. But if it is really only soda and juice, then may as well forget about it and carry 12 packs of soda aboard.

Pretty much all the mass market cruise lines offer a soda package. Some also offer a premium non-alcoholic drink package at a higher price (Royal and Celebrity do, I know); but I don't think Carnival does.