Celebrity Booking

Minnie29

Booked direct with Celebrity last year for Med cruise in September.

Just seen their latest offer which includes free drinks package plus a choice of either $300 obc, free wifi or free tips.

When I booked so only got the free classic drinks package and second passenger half price. Can I call Celebrity and see if they will add one of this choice of three to my deal?

Will they do this?

If you booked with Celebrity.co.uk you will get no joy, they will tell you NO. Advising you you can cancel, lose your deposit and rebook with the new benefits. While on the other hand if you had booked via a US travel agency, no problem you could cancel and get the new deal without losing any money.

I also booked my European cruise last year, in November, for September 2017 under the same offer as you. I assume you have checked out the current price. I just checked out the price I paid back in November last year for my Concierge Class and to book the same today with the extra perk I would be paying an extra ?250 per person, so I believe I still got a good deal. I usually find that Celebrity adjust the prices when a new offer starts so they basically remain the same overall.

Possibly your booking does not work out so well and I do not think Celebrity will do anything about it. Unfortunately for us UK cruisers it is often not worth cancelling and re-booking as of course we forfeit the original deposit. I usually find that the prices do not really drop much until it is final payment time and by then the cabin choice is very limited or just Guarantee(with no perks at all). The same thing happens with flight prices but they go up nearer the date. I know that I have booked the cabin I want at a price I was happy to pay and now am just looking forward to my cruise. I know it is tempting to keep checking it out, I am sure we all do it. If there is a price drop it must be annoying but hopefully will not stop your enjoyment of the cruise.

Edited by laslomas
punctuation

Booked direct with Celebrity last year for Med cruise in September.

Just seen their latest offer which includes free drinks package plus a choice of either $300 obc, free wifi or free tips.

When I booked so only got the free classic drinks package and second passenger half price. Can I call Celebrity and see if they will add one of this choice of three to my deal?

Will they do this?

As long as it is prior to final payment, you can call and take advantage of the new prices and/or promos that are in effect. If the promos that you received earlier are not in effect, then you will lose them.

. I know it is tempting to keep checking it out, I am sure we all do it. If there is a price drop it must be annoying but hopefully will not stop your enjoyment of the cruise.

Remember that what US passengers can do may not be available to non-US customers. All you can do is ask ......

True words. Of course, if there is a really big price drop, taking perks into account,before final payment (and I once experienced over 700 GBP per cabin) it can be worthwhile to forfeit the deposit and re book. Still maddening though!

As long as it is prior to final payment, you can call and take advantage of the new prices and/or promos that are in effect. If the promos that you received earlier are not in effect, then you will lose them.

As Cruisestitch stated, this may be okay to do in the US however not in the UK without losing their deposit (unless they booked under a promotion which honours the drops/allows for changes up to a given date e.g. Dec 2017) ;). It is not a forgone conclusion. The T&C of other countries can vary massively to those in the US.

If you booked with Celebrity.co.uk you will get no joy, they will tell you NO. Advising you you can cancel, lose your deposit and rebook with the new benefits. While on the other hand if you had booked via a US travel agency, no problem you could cancel and get the new deal without losing any money.

But even if possible, the new deal would be at the current price...usually higher than orig booking price...not always but often the case.

Just curious: If you are from the UK and make an on-board booking, do you only have to put out the reduced deposit similar to what US citizens pay?

If so, then it would make sense to book most of your cruises on board to give you the added flexibility to cancel with a reduced lost deposit.

Yes, on board UK bookings also have a reduced deposit -- last year per cabin this was 118 GBP v. 300 GBP land booking.

These, especially the later deposit ,are lower than the US. The fly in the ointment of UK booking on board though can be the prohibitively high initial pricing outside of the Caribbean. There are exceptions to this but on past history, it would not be worthwhile to book a Baltic cruise a year out, for example.

Yes, on board UK bookings also have a reduced deposit -- last year per cabin this was 118 GBP v. 300 GBP land booking.

These, especially the later deposit ,are lower than the US. The fly in the ointment of UK booking on board though can be the prohibitively high initial pricing outside of the Caribbean. There are exceptions to this but on past history, it would not be worthwhile to book a Baltic cruise a year out, for example.

No reduced deposit for us when we reserved onboard; we were required to pay the ?150pp deposit which is exactly the same as booking on land.

Which cruise was your reduced deposit on, Gill?

Edit: pound sterling sign doesn't appear to be working on CC (keeps showing ? - will report).

They will reprice it losing the 50% off to give you the other perk so you can do a comparison

We've done this a couple of times and taken it once when the reprice meant 50% off and gave up our 500obc

The other time it was going to cost another ?1100 to get the 300obc so we passed

Always worth asking the comparison question but we're from the uk and have to take into account losing the original deposit too unless someone is really nice and just moves it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The ? Is the pound sign that's not working

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes ? equals GBP. Annoying isn't it? I went back in to my earlier post to edit it as I thought it was my error, but it once again went back to the question mark!!

Yes ? equals GBP. Annoying isn't it? I went back in to my earlier post to edit it as I thought it was my error, but it once again went back to the question mark!!

My experience too! Let's hope Jenny's (villauk) alert to the admins can get this fixed :)

If your cruise is anything like my current booking, the price has gone up considerably coincident with the introduction of the current offer, so there would be no overall advantage, even if you could do it, which I don't think you can, as it seems that you're located in the UK.