What's the best ship in RCL's fleet for feeling movement and rocking?

Weird question, I know. But I do enjoy feeling the movement of the ship when I am aboard. With the advent of azipods and stabilizers I don't notice the motion of the ship as much, which I guess is the point. But I'm wondering if any of RCL's ships are known for more movement or sense of movement? :p

Weird question, I know. But I do enjoy feeling the movement of the ship when I am aboard. With the advent of azipods and stabilizers I don't notice the motion of the ship as much, which I guess is the point. But I'm wondering if any of RCL's ships are known for more movement or sense of movement? :p

Radiance class ships seem more apt to have more yaw movement to me than other RC ships.

I think the "weirdest" movement I felt was Quantum. She had an interesting figure-eight type of pitch and yaw in larger waves that to seemingly made her feel like she was in worse weather than normal. I know in speaking to many who had balcony cabins forward and high decks, they were claiming it was the most movement they have ever felt. Yet Capt Srecko at the time was saying while the waves were a little high (3-5 meters) it wasn't anything abnormal. I've been on many other classes in similar oceans and didn't feel anything like on Quantum (ie. Harmony on January 8 meter swells with barf bags out, while noticeable didn't feel like Quantum in comparison). Try roller skating in the SeaPlex during 3-5 meter swells with that figure 8 type of movement! :eek:

Marion_Mom... I was surprised you said Vision Class over Quantum... has Anthem felt stable to you for all your sailings?

Sail Anthem from Bayonne to Bermuda. Between the time of year (October) and the hurricane that recently went through that part of the Atlantic, I had to sleep with my feet flat on the bed to keep from rolling out of bed in my sleep on the 2nd night. Based on what we heard around the ship that trip, the rocking wasn't terribly uncommon.

Of all of our cruises, my best ship for the least amount of movement was on Indy. However, I was on Deck 6 starboard on the hump ocean view balcony. After having a fairly good week with regards to movement, I won't go on anything except Freedom class or Oasis class. And, I have pretty severe vertigo (lol I go because I love the ships and ports), so I always get a deck 6-8 and as mid-ship as possible. I prefer mid ship or the start of aft versus forward. Remember weather makes a difference too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree, the movement is great.

It let's you know your on a ship.

Never could understand all the Lightweights with those patches on..

I appreciate the sentiment, but me without a patch sitting next to you on board would be a pretty unpleasant experience. For the both of us. :p

Was on the Anthem in January and felt it move all 12 days... nothing to get someone sick but you could tell you were on a ship all the time. Slow rocking in bed at night [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I felt more movement on the Anthem in March, calm seas than I did on the Empress in December during rain storms. Something about the Quantum class . Tall but not wide. Rocks a lot. The creaking on the Anthem was an added reminder your on a ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Radiance class ships seem more apt to have more yaw movement to me than other RC ships.

Agree. Felt more on Brilliance and Serenade repos then any others except Sovereign when steering around 3 named Hurricanes 29+ yrs ago...

Quantum the worst.Book a cruise from Southampton going through the Bay of Biscay if you like movement. For me I prefer no movement

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Have heard many say this class is the worst, long and narrow spells it out. roll

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We thought (Radiance) it was pretty calm until we watched those gyro stabilised pool tables :D:eek:;)

We felt the same way on Serenade. We could not even feel the ship moving, but the pool tables were going.