Tri-Rail

TITISSA

Does anyone know how I can get from Downtown West Palm Beach to the Port of Miami taking the Tri-Rail train? I know where the station is in West Palm Beach but I don't know where to get off in Miami.

Does anyone know how I can get from Downtown West Palm Beach to the Port of Miami taking the Tri-Rail train? I know where the station is in West Palm Beach but I don't know where to get off in Miami.

Get off at the last stop, which is the Miami Airport / Intermodal Center. From there, the quickest option is a taxi ($27 flat rate) or uber (approximately $18).

Edited by loanshark

There is no need to go out to the airport. Take Trirail to the Trirail/Metrorail transfer station. Take Metrorail (free) to the Bayside station. Grab a cab or Uber from there to the port, about a mile trip.

I would consider a rental car.

By the time you take the TriRail for $5 per person, then $18-$27 for a taxi or Uber from MIA or the hassle of transferring to the MetroRail lugging your luggage then paying another $10 from Bayside it's probably easier and about the same expense to rent a car, drop it at MIA and ride the POM shuttle.

There is no need to go out to the airport. Take Trirail to the Trirail/Metrorail transfer station. Take Metrorail (free) to the Bayside station. Grab a cab or Uber from there to the port, about a mile trip.

Metrorail is not free, and there is no "Bayside" station. Think you mean take Metrorail to Government Center ($2.25 per person) and from Government center you take an Uber to the port $5-$7.00

Its not a bad trip. As long as you don't each have more than one piece of luggage it is pretty easy to do.

Palm Beach to Miami Airport, get off. You could then take a $18.00 Uber to the port or get on the Metrorail ($2.25 a person) to government center station, and then take a $5-$7 uber to the port.

When is the trip? New Brightline train might open this summer.

Brightline will begin service in June. Tri Rail will also travel on those tracks begining a little later so there will be no need to transfer to Metrorail.

Brightline will be more expensive but much nicer. Train travel between Miami and Orlando will be painless and easy.

Brightline will begin service in June. Tri Rail will also travel on those tracks begining a little later so there will be no need to transfer to Metrorail.

Brightline will be more expensive but much nicer. Train travel between Miami and Orlando will be painless and easy.

Brightline hasn't posted any fares yet

Brightline hasn't posted any fares yet

I've been meeting with their PR people and fares will be around $12 per person between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, less than that for locals and even less for commuters. Tri Rail is currently a little over $5.

I've been meeting with their PR people and fares will be around $12 per person between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, less than that for locals and even less for commuters. Tri Rail is currently a little over $5.

Not sure about FLL-PBI but MIami Service won't start until mid September. Just took a tour and presentation with them yesterday. Orlando won't happen for at least another two years.