Getting off at 1 Port and rebound at the next?

thephillykid

We are oct/nov 17 and we make 2 stops in Israel. We were wondering if it was possible to get off the ship on Saturday in Haifa and not reboarding again until Monday night in Ashdod. Would celebrity have a problem with us not being back on board to set sail Saturday Night? We plan on spending the night with relatives.

You need to call and ask their policy for Israel. I wouldn't assume or plan anything until you get a definitive answer. And certainly not take the info you read on CC as gold. Things change in that area for security reasons. So you need to keep in contact with X .

And I'd want policy in writing.

You need to call and ask their policy for Israel. I wouldn't assume or plan anything until you get a definitive answer. And certainly not take the info you read on CC as gold. Things change in that area for security reasons. So you need to keep in contact with X .

And I'd want policy in writing.

September 2012 we were told our Ashdod call was cancelled, not long before we started (it was on QE). The ship remained in Haifa an extra night, and shore excursions were operated from there (albeit taking some hours longer, they were still worth it!).

However, on the same cruise, we left Cyprus for Alexandria - and 3 hours later, turned back after a new security worry.

Things can change very quickly - no doubt the cruise line will tell you so!

On a Pacific Princess cruise in 2008 we, along with 10 other passengers, disembarked in Alexandria, Egypt and toured Egypt for 2 days, overnighting in Cairo before re boarding in Port Said. We did the same in Israel, disembarking in Ashdod and re boarding in Haifa. I hope that is still possible because we maximized touring time in both countries. It is amazing how much the private tours can cover when passengers can have such long hours available. The passenger that had organized the private tours contacted Princess prior to the cruise. All members then contacted Princess before and during the cruise. It is definitely worth the additional costs and the long days!

Israeli authorities boarded the ship at sea to examine the passports of each of the ship's passengers because we were docking in Egypt, prior to docking in Israel. The process didn't take too long since that ship only carried 700 passengers. Who knows what protocol might be in effect now?

In case you miss the ship because you come back too late you would also have to reboard at the next port. So this no problem if it happens in one country and if you have a Visa or don't need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are oct/nov 17 and we make 2 stops in Israel. We were wondering if it was possible to get off the ship on Saturday in Haifa and not reboarding again until Monday night in Ashdod. Would celebrity have a problem with us not being back on board to set sail Saturday Night? We plan on spending the night with relatives.

We were on Silhouette in October 16, we met a young couple who did get off the ship in Haifa, to visit family in Jerusalem and they got back on after the 2nd day in Ashdod. So I'm fairly sure it is doable, but I would check with Celebrity in advance.

They was also a large group of people onboard who disembarked in Ashdod in order to spend more time in Israel, before flying home from there, so I think most things are possible.

Enjoy

Jean

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As others have stated, you definitely need to get the confirmation from X and in writing. Remember also that this is an area that often doesn't keep to the original itinerary. I think it was last year, or perhaps the year before :confused:, that many of the sailings were altered last minute. What originally had been Holy Land cruises, ended as being Eastern Med. There were many threads on the boards - do a search and you'll see.

Another confirmation to get written permission from Celebrity in advance..They will liaise with Israeli immigration. I know this was the case back in 2011 when a small group from our cruise on Mariner wanted to take an overnight tour excursion in Israel. It worked out fine. But, as others also post, the situation may and has been liable to change -- something to be borne in mind if wanting to visit family. If you want to be 100% certain of your itinerary you may wish to consider a land trip instead,

Your biggest challenge might come if the ship does not make its next scheduled stop in Ashdod for weather or any other reason including world events. It sounds like it should be possible but you better have good contingency plans all around.

Best wishes for a happy outcome.

In case you miss the ship because you come back too late you would also have to reboard at the next port. So this no problem if it happens in one country and if you have a Visa or don't need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Right, except if reboarding in the next port caused a violation of local laws they won't permit you to reboard. For example, if you had a cruise that left from Tampa, then visited key west, Jamaica, and grand cayman before returning to key west. If you miss embarkation in Tampa, they most likely won't let you board in key west since the key west to Tampa route would be a PVSA violation. Only celebrity can advise on whether or not this will be allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums