Once/day Cabin Steward service, which do you prefer AM/PM & why?

mamiamjo

If I could only pick one, I'd pick AM... because we usually shower and want the bed made etc in the morning. However, I'd really love it if I could just get replacement towels and ice if needed, when they deliver the Fun Times in the evening... I'm not that messy, so once a day tidying would be enough for me.

Prefer PM because I'm always out of the room from 7pm till late...where on a sea day I may want to sleep in during the AM...however, I picked AM service this last cruise because when I picked PM, my first service was on night two...which was just too long to wait. I have a hard time face to face asking them to do double the work so I can't ask for twice a day.

If I could only pick one, I'd pick AM... because we usually shower and want the bed made etc in the morning. However, I'd really love it if I could just get replacement towels and ice if needed, when they deliver the Fun Times in the evening... I'm not that messy, so once a day tidying would be enough for me.

Thanks for your input, I could see that possibility. We might go with morning service and ask about the towels and ice in the PM

MUCH prefer evening room steward service and although I may be in the minority I am happy they have started asking which you prefer on the cruise. When we had service in the morning and again in the evening I always felt I needed to be out of the stateroom as early as possible, as I never knew when they would want to be coming in to clean. I am not really a morning person and I prefer to have a room service breakfast delivered about 7:00, enjoy it quietly and leisurely on the balcony, read my Kindle for awhile, take a leisurely shower and get dressed, and leave the stateroom around 10 - 11 a.m. LOVED being able to do that on our January cruise on the Dream. We met our room steward shortly after boarding the cruise and she asked us which we preferred, so it was wonderful not having to worry about leaving the room so in the morning so she could come in to clean. We are not messy people, we pick up after ourselves, and we were capable of making our own bed (takes all of a minute doing it together).

We did ask for extra towels, and ice in the evenings, and always had a cute towel animal.

Second post today about this. These posts always seem to pushing the false premise that Carnival is going to once a day room service. Nothing could be farther from the truth. It's FAKE news. You have four choices for room service just like you have always had. Morning, evening, both, and none.

Just back last night - first time with the choice. We chose evening and were thrilled with this decision! Most other cruises, we'd go to breakfast or whatever in the morning and never fails, the steward was in our room cleaning when we returned for a quick change of clothes, bathroom pit stop or whatever. It was really great that we didn't have to worry he would be cleaning our room in the morning, and we were always out of the room for dinner and evening.

Second post today about this. These posts always seem to pushing the false premise that Carnival is going to once a day room service. Nothing could be farther from the truth. It's FAKE news. You have four choices for room service just like you have always had. Morning, evening, both, and none.

This thread is not about room service, you can order room service as often and as much as you like. This is why there is a Room Service Menu placed in your room. The proper use of terminology helps to prevent what you call fake news.

People on cruises or in hotels don't call room service when they want extra towels or pillows, they call housekeeping. This thread is about housekeeping and not room service.

Just off a cruise & chose evening cabin service & were happy with the choice. Like others have said, we used to always worry about being out of the stewards way in the AM. This cruise our steward cleaned it while she knew we'd be at dinner- it worked out fine for us. In a hotel, you don't get your room cleaned twice per day, why would you need it done 2x while on a ship. They are still offering 2x per day service- so you still have a choice.

Out of the 4 cruises last year we picked both twice and AFTERNOON twice, in all honesty we noticed very little difference. On the 2 cruises we opted for PM service only, DH want a lay-in those weeks, if the steward noticed we were out he did come in the AM to make the bed and replace floored towels.

Evening service was not an option, as all cabin (at least in our immediate hall area) that didn't put out the "Snoozing" sign received turndown service with their FunTimes and towel animals every evening while they were at dinner.

My wife and I tell them neither. We make the beds and keep the room tidy so all we need is clean towels which we just take from the cart when it's in the hall.

We leave the tips in place and also tip extra at the end of the cruise. These poor people have so many cabins and work so hard I feel bad knowing I'm contributing to their hardship.(y)

Bill

I wish I hadn't read this thread... I'm more torn now than I was before! On one hand, my family really doesn't need service twice a day and sometimes I do enjoy sleeping in a little. But, on the other hand, I feel the point may be valid that it may not directly result in a more manageable day for the steward, but maybe less stewards with more rooms to attend!?!?! Also, it was a great point that the gratuities didn't change accordingly either. Not that i mind, but let a little roll down to the working man/woman. It feels like the steward is the one that takes the brunt of this trend.

Edited by My-T-mouse
clarification

Sailed Conquest first week of February and was given a choice AM or PM. I was shocked too !!!