Warning! Warning!!! T.i.

I only mention RCL because RCL has a defacto relationship with this company and has endorses this company when shopping. A reputation takes a lifetime to establish yet a minute to ruin. RCL should suspend it's association with the company or at least not sponsor it in their presentations. I am sure this theft happens more than is reported and such does not make it look good for RCL.Only my opinion.

You have at best a suspicion that one employee in one TI store might have stolen your credit card information. As several people have pointed out here, and as even a few minutes of research would quickly confirm, there are other possibilities as to how the theft was engineered. But even if you are right, why would you want RCI to suspend its association or take other action against the company because of a theft by one employee? A few years ago, an RCI employee with access to cruise passenger information was arrested for breaking into passengers homes while they were on their cruise, and we've all read about suspicions of crew members stealing items from cabins. Do you now recommend that we should all boycott RCI?

If 100 people had their card info stolen, but only 1 person reported it, of course RCI would overlook it. If 100 people reported it within a week, they'd probably give it a second look. This is how scammers get away with stuff for so long, people just don't bother reporting it because it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Nobody is blaming RCI here so I don't know why people get their fanboy panties in a twist. They were simply saying that perhaps they need to re-evaluate who they do business with.

I only mention RCL because RCL has a defacto relationship with this company and has endorses this company when shopping. A reputation takes a lifetime to establish yet a minute to ruin. RCL should suspend it's association with the company or at least not sponsor it in their presentations. I am sure this theft happens more than is reported and such does not make it look good for RCL.Only my opinion.

So you have proof that the store was involved? So RCCL should suspend their relationship based on a fraudulent credit card transaction and on the word of one person without any proof that it happened at the store, or by one of their employees. Fraud happens all over, and almost everyone will experience it at some point. That is why we use credit cards that have fraud protection, and why many of us, review our transactions on a regular basis. Unless you have hard evidence, and not just a feeling, it's time to move away from it, and accept it happened. You most likely will never know how it happened, and by whom.

I have had 3 different times when I have had a credit card used. Once was in a country I never visited. (that credit card never left my house).

You need to purchase the RFID blocker. I have sleeves for all of my cards and I have them for my passport and also my purse is RFID bocker. Not taking any chances.

I agree, but the sleeves make tight fits in most wallets

We had a card #stolen in South Africa, BA sent me a email and said to call and I did, NO fraudulent transactions, ever went threw, or they must pass them on to the store or what/who ever accepted them. Funny, after I called, they said my card was usable again. Got home another attempt to use it was forwarded to me. Finally they just gave me a new card.

If 100 people had their card info stolen, but only 1 person reported it, of course RCI would overlook it. If 100 people reported it within a week, they'd probably give it a second look. This is how scammers get away with stuff for so long, people just don't bother reporting it because it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Nobody is blaming RCI here so I don't know why people get their fanboy panties in a twist. They were simply saying that perhaps they need to re-evaluate who they do business with.

Today credit card fraud is rampant and blaming a business when it might not even be the business isn't right. Hacks into bank data bases happen.

I had a credit card used in Paris to buy Kentucky Fried Chicken. Hadn't used it in ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Today credit card fraud is rampant and blaming a business when it might not even be the business isn't right. Hacks into bank data bases happen.

I had a credit card used in Paris to buy Kentucky Fried Chicken. Hadn't used it in ages.

was it the extra crispy? I love that style.......

For all those interested just returned from the Freedom of the Seas and found out our credit card number was STOLEN!. The ONLY place this card was used was in Tanzanite International Grand Cayman. No other time was this card used. All our on board purchases were with the R.C. card. T.I. was a "trusted vendor" by RCL according to the on board "expert" Li. :eek:Ha! so much for "trusted". RCL should really examine with whom it deals in the future and if a percentage is worth the future distrust of this family on anything RCL sponsors on future cruises.

As far as the 6 day Western cruise it was "hmmmmp" and if you have any questions just ask.

You are jumping to a conclusion which may not true. Try googling how card numbers are stolen.

was it the extra crispy? I love that style.......

Darn, I forgot to ask! I cracked up when they asked if I had bought KFC in Paris. Uuummmm, no [emoji1]

Edited by brenderlou

Darn, I forgot to ask! I cracked up if they asked if I had bought KFC in Paris. Uuummmm, no [emoji1]

I know exactly how you feel when they ask those questions.........it is almost comical if not so invasive when they steal your info....

That is true you should always report a theft so they can see it is a problem. When his card was taken out of sight it was probably cloned and that is the reason I never let my card out of my sight.In the UK a lot of people don't report petty crimes as often the police don't want to know then the police brag that crime rates are down.

love sailing with RCCL

I never had this happen to me on a cruise, But last year when I was in Las Vegas about a week later I got a phone call asking if I was in Brazil and I said no. I guess my card got compromised some time in Las Vegas and I didn't really use my card . I was told they probably comprised it by walking by me. I bought some of them credit card sleeves for my CC now. Hopefully wont happen again

+1. Not much help if you don't have an RFID card, although there is RFID in our US passports.

Years ago, when the RFID credit cards first came out, our credit card company sent them to us without us requesting it. I immediately called them to issue a card without this feature. No problem.

No one should confuse RFID cards with CHIP cards. Two different things.

With the millions of stolen card numbers, I'm sure they all can't be used immediately. The theft could have occurred months before, unless this was a brand new card.

Edit: I do sympathize with your situation. I was frustrated when it happened to me.

The ONLY person / people who had any access to that card was the employees in T.I. store PERIOD. That particular card did not come out of the wallet and had a zero balance on the card. Not used in any public transaction. It is suspicious that the card leaves with the employee into a back room during the sale. There was no other time that card could have been compromised except in that store at that time in Grand Cayman.

There are so many methods of credit card theft these days. I had a fraud alert on my card while i was sitting at home. Someone tried to use my card at a supermarket in a city I have never shopped in before. The biggest issue was that this particular card was in my possession at the time of the fraud. The person used a skimmer to create a new card, but they couldn't charge the card fully because it was a debit and they didnt have a pin. That could have happened anywhere, because a skimmer can fit in a person's pocket. This is why I have rfid blockers on everything including my passport. Technology is annoying sometimes, and not knocking it, but it could have been that as well.

There are so many methods of credit card theft these days. I had a fraud alert on my card while i was sitting at home. Someone tried to use my card at a supermarket in a city I have never shopped in before. The biggest issue was that this particular card was in my possession at the time of the fraud. The person used a skimmer to create a new card, but they couldn't charge the card fully because it was a debit and they didnt have a pin. That could have happened anywhere, because a skimmer can fit in a person's pocket. This is why I have rfid blockers on everything including my passport. Technology is annoying sometimes, and not knocking it, but it could have been that as well.

I applaud your protective measures. We too take all these precautions and yet we find ourselves facing this dilemma. Again when the card "disappeared" with the clerk I should have been forceful and spoken up the second she started walking away. I post to help others who may find themselves in the same spot. Hind sight is always 20 / 20 I guess. Hope it never happens to you again.....miracles can happen

Then he will be the 1 person that called with any kind of report like that and RCI will chalk it up to coincidence. Or, he could be 1 of 100 people who called about it this week and they realize they have an issue. All he has to do is explain the circumstances, and they can draw their own conclusions. He is not planning to sue anyone, or demanding that they immediately end their contract with them. He's letting them know that there may have been an incident that should concern them.

I applaud your protective measures. We too take all these precautions and yet we find ourselves facing this dilemma. Again when the card "disappeared" with the clerk I should have been forceful and spoken up the second she started walking away. I post to help others who may find themselves in the same spot. Hind sight is always 20 / 20 I guess. Hope it never happens to you again.....miracles can happen

The best part about the entire situation is that everything can be recovered, and karma is a you know what. it may be frustrating now, but you will eventually get all of the money back. The only thing we can do is learn from it, improve upon it, and move on. Honestly for fear of my information getting stolen I try not to use cards as much, but the benefit of a card is that you won't lose the money if someone tries to copy that.

I use the RFID sleeves on my credit cards not only overseas but at at home. If someone has a scanner in their hands or pocket when I take out my card at grocery or gas station, there is really nothing that can be done to protect the card... (other than just use cash...). Sadly, people who want to do evil will figure out a way...

It's unfortunate that this happens and it could happen anywhere and it happens a lot. Royal receives a kickback from all the stores/businesses they promote on the ship, DI, TI, etc. so I doubt they will stop doing business with them

The ONLY person / people who had any access to that card was the employees in T.I. store PERIOD. That particular card did not come out of the wallet and had a zero balance on the card. Not used in any public transaction. It is suspicious that the card leaves with the employee into a back room during the sale. There was no other time that card could have been compromised except in that store at that time in Grand Cayman.

Does your card have an embedded chip? If so, it could have been read surreptitiously. .

I returned my contactless debit card to my bank immediately after an incident in a shop.The contactless card was in my wallet when I put my credit card in the chip and pin machine.That assistant said transaction has gone through and when I said I haven't put my credit card pin in yet she showed me and it was my contactless card in my wallet that had been charged.Scary as I could have been paying someone else's bill near me so beware these types of cards.

love sailing with RCCL