Cabin steward form with checklist to request bathrobes on Carnival Magic

CruzCrazy

I was well aware of the push towards once-a-day cabin service. However, I was surprised that there were no robes in our cabin on embarkation, and I had called the number for the steward to ask where they were. That's when he brought the card around for me to fill out.

At the bottom of the checklist was a spot to request bathrobes, extra blankets, etc. I requested bathrobes, but they weren't brought around until day 2 (I assume this was because the cruise was off to a rocky start because of late debarkation of the prior cruise and late embarkation of our cruise due to fog and a 2-hour delay, so I didn't make a big deal out of it). The steward did a great job all week, never blinked when I requested both morning and evening service, left us ice every day, and got an extra tip at the end of the cruise.

When did this thing with the robes start? I joked with DH that next we will be requesting toilet paper. Seriously, though, it did cross my mind to wonder if they will only provide robes for platinum and above in the future. We sailed on Feb. 25, 2017 on the Magic.

Many people don't use the robes. I don't. If they automatically put them in the room, then they will have to be pulled and replaced for each cruise even if they were not worn. Doing it the new way is more efficient and saves time and money.

I agree my husband never uses one but I'm always trying to find a place to stash it because they take up so much hang-up space in closet, :'). Guess it cuts down on washing them for every cruise if not even needed or used.

I agree my husband never uses one but I'm always trying to find a place to stash it because they take up so much hang-up space in closet, :'). Guess it cuts down on washing them for every cruise if not even needed or used.

Sounds reasonable, altho there are some here who will most def say it's another cutback.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just found out that they're not on RCI regular cabins. We're doing Royal this summer and someone posted about robes, as well as shampoo/conditioner, not being standard in regular rooms. It sounds like suites get everything still. But I commented how much I enjoy having them on a cruise. I was told to ask when we get on our RCI cruise, they may have some. Now, on Carnival, I wouldn't be opposed to them bringing them if requested, but maybe in a little more expeditious manner. Like if you filled the card out on your first night, when they did turn down service, something like that. I can see the savings, not a cutback at all, IMO.

I just found out that they're not on RCI regular cabins. We're doing Royal this summer and someone posted about robes, as well as shampoo/conditioner, not being standard in regular rooms. It sounds like suites get everything still. But I commented how much I enjoy having them on a cruise. I was told to ask when we get on our RCI cruise, they may have some. Now, on Carnival, I wouldn't be opposed to them bringing them if requested, but maybe in a little more expeditious manner. Like if you filled the card out on your first night, when they did turn down service, something like that. I can see the savings, not a cutback at all, IMO.

It's true about the robes on RCI. I was on Grandeur last May. Wasn't a big deal, I knew in advance and brought my own. They have the shampoo/conditioner combo on the shower wall along with the body wash and bars of soap. I heard the Suites got some of the good stuff in bottles, but can't confirm that. I bring my own shampoo and not worry what they supply in the dispenser

I use the robe all of the time. lol I love it when I get out of the shower and then go "dry off" on the balcony before I start to get ready.

We are on the Magic in June, so if we don't have them, I will request one.

Thanks!!

It's true about the robes on RCI. I was on Grandeur last May. Wasn't a big deal, I knew in advance and brought my own. They have the shampoo/conditioner combo on the shower wall along with the body wash and bars of soap. I heard the Suites got some of the good stuff in bottles, but can't confirm that. I bring my own shampoo and not worry what they supply in the dispenser

Well, we're packing for Europe, so I have to be a little more careful in how much/what I pack. We're doing the 8-night cruise plus another 6 days in the UK, so I don't really have room for a robe. But at least I know in advance, and so hopefully I can still snag one. ;)

I use the robe all of the time. lol I love it when I get out of the shower and then go "dry off" on the balcony before I start to get ready.

Thanks!!

That's exactly what I do too!! I love doing that! Which was the one thing I didn't like about cruising Alaska, it was just a little too chilly for that! LOL! But I can tell you when we were on the Magic in November, we had them.

Many people don't use the robes. I don't. If they automatically put them in the room, then they will have to be pulled and replaced for each cruise even if they were not worn. Doing it the new way is more efficient and saves time and money.

I agree with this. We never use them either and always looking for a place to stash them!!

Pat

Well, we're packing for Europe, so I have to be a little more careful in how much/what I pack. We're doing the 8-night cruise plus another 6 days in the UK, so I don't really have room for a robe. But at least I know in advance, and so hopefully I can still snag one. ;)

For Royal you need a suite to get robes and the Jr. Suites don't count. For those not in a suite no robes are available unless you want to buy them.

I haven't looked at my Crown & Anchor rewards lately but do remember a stray comment from here about it being a RCI Emerald or Diamond level perk to get a robe (for on board use) regardless of cabin category selected.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

We only sailed RCCL prior to our February CCL cruise, so I was accustomed to not having robes. I was quite surprised when we had them in our room on Valor last month. We were also delayed in departure due to fog (boo) so while some things were not quite right, the robes were in place. I bet he overlooked it for the OP in the hustle in the delayed changeover.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks!!

You don't wear it up to the lido for breakfast?

It's the new fad that is going viral on all the cruise lines.;p

Bill

You don't wear it up to the lido for breakfast?

It's the new fad that is going viral on all the cruise lines.;p

Bill

I really wish I could say that I have never seen it live but......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We only sailed RCCL prior to our February CCL cruise, so I was accustomed to not having robes. I was quite surprised when we had them in our room on Valor last month. We were also delayed in departure due to fog (boo) so while some things were not quite right, the robes were in place. I bet he overlooked it for the OP in the hustle in the delayed changeover.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It must be something new on the Magic, since another poster said the robes were in the cabin as recently as Nov. 2016, but now you must request a robe on the card that the steward brings around. If you don't check the box (or ask the steward), you won't have a robe, at least according to the current policy.

We have a spa balcony on the Magic the end of April, if no robe I will request one. I am one that does wear it out and about in the mornings, heaven forbid i am comfortable when acquiring a breakfast burrito. But i may just bring my Dr Strange robe I got when the movie came out, just in case.....:*

Stop using robes years ago when I noticed they don't wash them after each cruise. Getting to your cabin early will teach you this.

Robes laying on the floor with spots and lipstick were hung up in my closet . People wear them everywhere , but not me , no sir bobby . Not Me .

They have removed them from some of the ships . Good riddance.

We never use the robes. The last time I saw some in the closet one had make-up on the collar, ick.

On our recent Dream cruise there were no robes hanging in the closet. Good.

I know a lot of people like them, that's fine. I think they're too thick, I prefer a thinner robe that isn't as bulky and warm. I could bring one from home, but wouldn't use it on the cruise so I don't bother.