Live from the Regal 3/12-19

NeurosurgeryNP

Mid way through our cruise on the Regal. In Grand Cayman today. Weather has been beautiful.

Embarkation was a breeze (we had preferred boarding). Last passengers had cleared the ship late so we only in the terminal and checked in at 11:30. Boarding began promptly at noon and we were in our cabinet by 12:05. We did MDR for lunch.

First stop was Princess Cays. We actually diverted at about 2 am and docked at Nassau to disembark two sick passengers. DH and I were sound asleep and never realized we docked until the Captain notified us in the morning letting us know we would be a little late to our anchorage at Princess Cays, but the time at the island would be extended to make up for his. DH and I didn't get off in Princess Cays, we had decided this way before the delay. It was a fabulous day on the ship for us on the pool deck.

Sea day was amazing.

In Montego Bay we did a resort for a day pass at the Hilton Hall. All inclusive food and beverage and it was a beautiful and relaxing day, despite the weather forecast for rain.

In Grand Cayman today. Doing a ship tour and hey weren't shore we would be able to tender due to the swells. Luckily we were able to get off. Snorkeling and diving excursions were canceled however. More on GC to follow later.

Food has been amazing (we haven't visited the MDR as of yet). We have done Alfredo's, Crown Grill, the ultimate balcony dinner last night which is my hands down favorite on each cruise we do. We have done lunch and a breakfast in the MDR. Lunch on embarkation day and there was fettuccini Alfredo with a parmesan backer for that meal anyways.

Will be back later.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

We are boarding the Regal on the 26th. Looking forward to more of your report.

We are boarding on the 26th as well and I can't get enough reports on The Regal. Thanks to all who take the time to report.

GC was beautiful today. Rough seas for sure. Some snorkeling and diving tours were cancelled. We did the ship tour of island highlights then stingray city which we were able to get on. We stopped at Hell, the turtle center which was amazing, then Stingray city. Sandbar was beautiful but a bit rough. Just tendered back onto the ship and it was bouncy quite a bit. Your was excellent.

Food has been amazing (we haven't visited the MDR as of yet). We have done Alfredo's, Crown Grill, the ultimate balcony dinner last night which is my hands down favorite on each cruise we do. We have done lunch and a breakfast in the MDR. Lunch on embarkation day and there was fettuccini Alfredo with a parmesan backer for that meal anyways.

There have been posts that the Parmesan basket has been discontinued.

Glad to hear that it still exists, at least on this ship.

Long Day is Cozumel yesterday. Ship left at 10 pm. Disco Deck party. DH and I stayed briefly. We were wiped out from 8+ hours on land and sun. Did dinner in Alfredo's. And retired by 11 pm. Crazy, I know.

Today is final sea day. Cool and windy. Out on Deck with sweatshirts and towels as blankets. Sun is in an out of the clouds.

A great cruise so far and we still have all day and night to celebrate. Crab shack tonight. Can't wait. We have yet to be to the MDR for a dinner.

More when we get back to US land.

Long Day is Cozumel yesterday. Ship left at 10 pm. Disco Deck party. DH and I stayed briefly. We were wiped out from 8+ hours on land and sun. Did dinner in Alfredo's. And retired by 11 pm. Crazy, I know.

Today is final sea day. Cool and windy. Out on Deck with sweatshirts and towels as blankets. Sun is in an out of the clouds.

A great cruise so far and we still have all day and night to celebrate. Crab shack tonight. Can't wait. We have yet to be to the MDR for a dinner.

More when we get back to US land.

Glad you are enjoying your cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Just off the ship and I'm the airport waiting almost six hours due to a delayed flight. We did the EZ check and font regret it. We were able to go through security early since our luggage was already checked. We also used the Mobile passport app and customs was a breeze. I highly recommend it. Free app. You scan your passport into the app using your smartphone camera, then answer the questions and submit no more hands four hours from when you will be passing through. I submitted as we exited our cabin.

Just off the ship and I'm the airport waiting almost six hours due to a delayed flight. We did the EZ check and font regret it. We were able to go through security early since our luggage was already checked. We also used the Mobile passport app and customs was a breeze. I highly recommend it. Free app. You scan your passport into the app using your smartphone camera, then answer the questions and submit no more hands four hours from when you will be passing through. I submitted as we exited our cabin.

Thanks for taking the time to write this. Safe journeys home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for sharing your experiences. Safe travels.

We also were on this cruise and the weather couldnt have been better. We ran into some folks in the elavator on the 2nd day that were on a B2B from the week before and apparently the weather

and seas were really bad for the previous week. I was wondering why when we got to the port around 1130 on the first day that there was SOOOO many people still getting off the ship. Like the OP, we were able to get off the shuttle, check in, and had a drink in hand on the pool deck by 1215.....KUDOS to Princess and the Regal staff for how they get new cruisers on board on Embarkation Day....Was one of the fastest for us!!!:D:D

We also were on this cruise and the weather couldnt have been better. We ran into some folks in the elavator on the 2nd day that were on a B2B from the week before and apparently the weather

and seas were really bad for the previous week. I was wondering why when we got to the port around 1130 on the first day that there was SOOOO many people still getting off the ship. Like the OP, we were able to get off the shuttle, check in, and had a drink in hand on the pool deck by 1215.....KUDOS to Princess and the Regal staff for how they get new cruisers on board on Embarkation Day....Was one of the fastest for us!!!:D:D

We were on the bad weather cruise before your cruise and there was no delay in disembarkation. We had a long wait once we got off the ship though to get back into the country, so even though we disembarked around 10:15, our requested time, it took about an hour to get through immigration. And there were still many groups after ours to disembark. Glad to hear you had great weather. We were rockin and rollin for a good part of the cruise. Never did get to wear my new bathing suits. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk