Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

The Race Track from Norwegian Bliss

lQxype8WYDk

I'm glad that they seem faster than in those early videos that we saw. That being said, they're really not that fast. The helmets seem like overkill. It's like if they made you wear a helmet on Autopia at Disneyland. :rolleyes:

Let´s answer like this: On the press conference one person asked the question "Why are the pools so cold?" - no answer. I didn´t try myself. But there weren´t any people in the pools but in the hot tubs only. The water on the slides was cold too.

No Glow Party on the Bliss but Caliente, Hush Silent Party...

No movies on the 2 nighter... Maybe you check out the Live from the TA threads.

steamboats

Thank you so much!!!!!

Does anyone know if the cigar bar is on the ship. It was on the description we saw when originally booked but not seeing it in any of the pictures. Husband and brother in law will be disappointed if it didn’t get included. Thanks,

As a cigar smoker myself, I was very happy to see that the Bliss does in fact include the Humidor cigar lounge on board. It’s located on deck 8, adjacent to Maltings Whiskey Bar. This video briefly shows Humidor right around the 8:04 mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just showed my DS(14) the photos of Entourage and he was blown away how cool it looked. It also looks like it’s twice the size of Entourage on the Escape and Getaway. I guess we will never see him on our Thanksgiving cruise!!

I don´t think it´s larger than on the Escape. I don´t like that it´s now on deck 5 with no windows. The location on deck 17 was much nicer. But that´s now taken by Le Bistro.

steamboats

As a cigar smoker myself, I was very happy to see that the Bliss does in fact include the Humidor cigar lounge on board. It’s located on deck 8, adjacent to Maltings Whiskey Bar.

Here you can see some photos of The Humidor Cigar Lounge. Actually it´s not really a lounge and more the size of a cabin. The entrance is from The Waterfront.

steamboats

Can't seem to post links to pics via my phone but I have The Local menu near the top of my blog post https://britsonaship.com/2018/04/21/news-from-the-norwegian-bliss-inaugural-transatlantic/

Adding more as we go on the TA

Sandra

Thanks for posting the link to your blog. Beautiful pictures!

Loved seeing the Local & Q menus. The Local menu has some interesting changes from O'Sheehans and I can't wait to try those desserts at the Q. Have a great cruise:cool:

Per one of the Bliss live reviews, Margaritaville menu on this ship is showing prices vs. cover charge.

Correction: only showing prices on the drinks...I didn't look that closely at the menu, just at what the poster said.

In a review I saw for the Bliss I believe it said it was also the $14.95 cover. I believe this is now the same for all ships that have it. At the time we sailed the Getaway was the only one that wasn’t and they have now changed. Really bummed because we enjoyed an afternoon snack of nachos after coming back from a port. Not sure I want to pay $14.95 a person for an afternoon snack. Unless they still allow carry out. Haven’t heard about that yet

There is one from a guy who was on the Escape for these cabins - but I'm not sure if The Bliss has the same layout for cabins for 8138 and 8738 - Thanks a again!!

cabin wise, bliss should be exactly the same as Escape/Joy.

whats the point of having ships in the same class if you make major changes like cabin sizes/shapes?

So close but so far away....Has any one seen an updated floor plan of category H8? NCL has not updated it yet. That category is is one of the few missed on UTUBE, so far. I know we are not the only one inquiring. There are at least 5 of these cabins available each cruise. How are they laid out?

cabin wise, bliss should be exactly the same as Escape/Joy.

whats the point of having ships in the same class if you make major changes like cabin sizes/shapes?

I have only cruised 3 times so I'm new at this "class" thing. This is a new ship and what is the point of building a new ship the exact same way as a previous ship regardless of the class, there MUST be changes somewhere (and in reading the live threads there is) and my inquiring mind would like to know if the deck is the same size from escape to Bliss. That is all I was questioning with hopes of someone on the TA in this cabin 8138 and 8738 to confirm. Thank you.

I was very put off by the video that included the Haven penthouse since the bathroom seemed not at all what I expected (shower curtain instead of. Glass doors) . But I think this is wheelchair acessible bathroom which would make sense. If anyone knows of any other video of the Haven courtyard penthouse lmk

FYI RE GLOW PARTIES> Entertainment venues in general have been moving away from these (admittedly very popular) events because of the hazard that ultraviolet (black) lighting can pose to your eyes. This policy change is more for the staff than for the guests, because the effect/damage is cumulative over a prolonged period of exposure. Harmless for a few hours, but events every week can result in exposure to unhealthy levels, and the litigation risks that invariably come with.

I have noticed on previous cruises that the use of true UV lighting was minimal, replaced by purple (non-fluorescent) lighting. The result was less than spectacular by comparison.

Hi all, my wife and I are currently on the Innagural TA on the Bliss and I took some 360 degree videos of several places on the Bliss. Will be taking more as well. You can view them all on my You Tube page. Feel free to suggest anything else you would like me to video as well. We will also be on the Panama Canal and will take more from there. Subscribe to my page so you get notified as soon as the videos are uploaded. :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RINYR5g5SaDvovfkZKWoA