Champagne

SSCAF001

And again I ask if anyone knows how I can contact Silversea by email.

I do have a life and this will be our 3rd Silversea cruise. I love interacting with the butler. I am one who thinks every suite having a butler is an advantage of SS over the other luxury lines.

And trust me, I will drink whatever they put in the suite if it sparkles. It could be Cooks for all I care, I would like to have a welcome bottle on ice waiting for us like it used be on our prior luxury cruises.

In the UK it used to be Guest Relations, but they only now deal with post cruise issues. Call reservations and they will deal with it if you do not have an email contact either via a TA or an individual in Sales.

If you are in the UK I can give you an email contact at SS.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 year later...

I disembarked from a cruise on Silver Explorer - Valparaiso to Ushuaia - just over a week ago.

The cruise was great as always with Silversea but was disappointed when I asked for Pommery

and was told that only Heidsieck Monopole was available onboard.

I have sailed many times with Silversea - both expedition and classic fleet and Pommery

has always been available previously.

Has anyone else had similar experiences recently?

On 3/28/2017 at 1:12 PM, imcpa said:

And again I ask if anyone knows how I can contact Silversea by email.

I do have a life and this will be our 3rd Silversea cruise. I love interacting with the butler. I am one who thinks every suite having a butler is an advantage of SS over the other luxury lines.

And trust me, I will drink whatever they put in the suite if it sparkles. It could be Cooks for all I care, I would like to have a welcome bottle on ice waiting for us like it used be on our prior luxury cruises.

Have your travel agent or you can write to Special Services at SpecialServices@silversea.com for your request.   Since they usually only stock coke products, I request a specific number of diet pepsi.  They are usually very responsive and will inform you when they have accommodated your request.  Hope this is helpful.

• 6 months later...
On 3/27/2017 at 6:06 AM, Mudhen said:

So what this really means, is that I must ASK for "real" champagne in my cabin? Otherwise prosecco is what I'm going to get? Although prosecco isn't my choice, I'd at least try it....Has anyone had any experience with it? Is it any good?

Prosecco is simply Italian sparkling wine.  The method to produce it is different from true champagnes although there are some Italian sparklings produced using the same  methode champenoise.  I like champagne and prosecco and usually prefer proseccos because they generally have less alcohol than champagne and do not have that toasty, biscuity note which I think can be overpowering.  It just seems appropo that an Italian cruiseline would welcome guests with a nice glass of prosecco.

9 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Prosecco is simply Italian sparkling wine.  The method to produce it is different from true champagnes although there are some Italian sparklings produced using the same  methode champenoise.  I like champagne and prosecco and usually prefer proseccos because they generally have less alcohol than champagne and do not have that toasty, biscuity note which I think can be overpowering.  It just seems appropo that an Italian cruiseline would welcome guests with a nice glass of prosecco.

Appreciate these nice, added background comments and follow-up as to Champagne and Prosecco.  I like BOTH!!  Can't discriminate and/or show favoritism between these wonderful French and Italian products.  Looking forward in just three weeks to be boarding the Silver Muse and gaining that welcome drink.  Plus, many more flavorful sips during our seven-day Alaska cruise.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 236,320 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

17 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

I have no issue with prosecco being offered instead of champagne, but if I had a choice, I'd go with champagne any day.

It is, of course, fitting that an Italian line will go with prosecco. I can most certainly deal with either....first world problem!

Aren't we fortunate to have that problem....

• Like 1