Recent reviews of the Infinity

DENIE

My curiosity is getting the better of me....My wife and I are going on a California Coastal cruise this September on the Infinity. All the recent reviews I'm seeing while she is in South America point to "the ship is lacking (food, decor, etc)". We have been on several cruises (Holland, Carnival, MSC) in the recent past. I understand it is one of the older M-Class ships and does not have all the amenities of the S-Class. Now, we are of the opinion that any day on a cruise ship is a better day than just about any place else. I also pride myself on "reading between the lines" of reviews. We are also part of a larger group of about 25 people, so the attraction is traveling with other friends.

For those who have been on the Infinity, is it really 'lacking' as the reviews suggest? In the past, I have found information on these forums more helpful than the "Reviews" section - thinking that people just want to write a bad review and be done. Either way, we are certainly anticipating an enjoyable time regardless, and are not being "scared" by the opinions of others. :D

Just returned from 28 days on the Infinity- first 14 days in a Sky Suite and second 14 days in a family veranda. The ship is in very good shape, food was very good - to excellent. Had one miss in the MDR but they quickly corrected that. Ate at Tuscan 3 times & Qsine once food and service in both were great.

Overall crew was anxious to please, Senior Officers were visable and engaging passengers. Bar service was very good. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Great question, I will be on the Infinity the week before you on the last Alaska trip so was wondering the same things myself. This will be my first Celebrity cruise.

For those who have been on the Infinity, is it really 'lacking' as the reviews suggest? In the past, I have found information on these forums more helpful than the "Reviews" section - thinking that people just want to write a bad review and be done. Either way, we are certainly anticipating an enjoyable time regardless, and are not being "scared" by the opinions of others. :D

Just returned from 28 days on the Infinity- first 14 days in a Sky Suite and second 14 days in a family veranda. The ship is in very good shape, food was very good - to excellent. Had one miss in the MDR but they quickly corrected that. Ate at Tuscan 3 times & Qsine once food and service in both were great.

Overall crew was anxious to please, Senior Officers were visable and engaging passengers. Bar service was very good. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

What cabin did you like best, which deck was your FV cabin on? Any issues with cabin? Smoke/ Noise? etc.

Jimbo:)

My curiosity is getting the better of me....My wife and I are going on a California Coastal cruise this September on the Infinity. All the recent reviews I'm seeing while she is in South America point to "the ship is lacking (food, decor, etc)". We have been on several cruises (Holland, Carnival, MSC) in the recent past. I understand it is one of the older M-Class ships and does not have all the amenities of the S-Class. Now, we are of the opinion that any day on a cruise ship is a better day than just about any place else. I also pride myself on "reading between the lines" of reviews. We are also part of a larger group of about 25 people, so the attraction is traveling with other friends.

We have done four cruises on Infinity. Great ship. What was the percentage of positive reviews. Most of the M class ships get review ratings in the high 70s. I love the M class ships, even though older. There is a cozy feeling about them.

Unfortunately, reviews are nothing more than personal opinion (in most cases). Some are great, some are horrible. The truth of the matter is that facts usually lie somewhere in the middle. I actually prefer to read those reviews that are 3 star. The 5 star reviewer sees nothing wrong while the 1 star sees nothing good. Certainly, look through both the good and bad . . but look for facts - not opinions.

I actually believe that a good, honest review will have the excellent through the negatives.

What cabin did you like best, which deck was your FV cabin on? Any issues with cabin? Smoke/ Noise? etc.

Jimbo:)

We were in FV 7202. HUGE balcony, loved having the 2 rooms it was bigger than our Sky Suite.

Comparing just the cabins the FV wins because of the 2 rooms & balcony. But when you add Luminae, Michaels and other Suite perks nod goes to the Suite.

Was on the Infinity last May, 2016 on the Pacific Coastal. Liked her so much, booked the California Coastal for September, 2017 and another Pacific Coastal/Alaska B2B in May 2018. I guess you would say we were more than satisfied.

Food was very good to excellent. Ship was clean and well maintained. Staff was enthusiastic and eager to please. We prefer the traditional design, decor, and intimacy of the older ships. (y)

Take the reviews with a grain of salt. Everyone's impression is different. We got off the Infinity last week and had a great time. The food was good even in the ocaenview. The crew is always good. As far as decor it is what it is. If someone is that picky they have a problems. Have been on the Infinity 3 time in the last 6 months and have no regrets. Love the M class ships.

We do Aqua 1 on the Summit a bunch, Bermuda & Caribe. Did the Infinity Sept 2015, San Fran to Florida. The Infinity itself was the same as the Summit, no problems. The crew on the Infinity was way way better, loved our 17 Night Cruise. The passengers were older and more properly behaved than the Summit.

I would do the Infinity again in a second. I love the Summit but the Infinity is better.

ELEGANT SW PANAMA leaving 1913 Pedro Miguel Lock (3 of 6) from Celebrity Infinity Aqua 1 Cabin 1125 Panama Canal, Panama 9-30-2015. CaptDave

33287812702_14ff92bc9e_b.jpg

CaptDave

Was on the Infinity for the Rio/Carnival Cruise in Feb 2017. The ship is lovely. We enjoyed Cafe al Bacio and ate 3 nights in the Tuscan Grill (negotiate for a discount especially on port days). Select (my time) dining was on the main floor of the dining room. A nice change from the balcony. Our aft cabin was lovely. Enjoy!

Thanks to all of you for your responses. Your responses are kind of what I thought, and good to hear! I noticed on the actual CC Reviews, many of the recent South American/Panama Canal cruises were receiving 1-3 stars, even though overall (1,000+ reviews), it is between 3.5-4. I also know that a lot of people are perhaps more apt to post reviews if they felt their experience was "bad". I did experience the same thing when we went on a 10-day cruise on the MSC Divina (an Italian liner based in Miami) a couple years ago. Whether it be the high European passenger factor (and menu's that reflect the clientele), a non-traditional cruise line not owned by Carnival or RC, or whatever, it got some very bad reviews. We took everything with a very large grain of salt, read between the lines, and had an AWESOME time.

We are expecting a fantastic time on the Coastal cruise on the Infinity, and the joy of being with many friends. As I said...."any day on a cruise ship is better than just about anything else!". :)

Thanks to all of you for your responses. Your responses are kind of what I thought, and good to hear! I noticed on the actual CC Reviews, many of the recent South American/Panama Canal cruises were receiving 1-3 stars, even though overall (1,000+ reviews), it is between 3.5-4. I also know that a lot of people are perhaps more apt to post reviews if they felt their experience was "bad". I did experience the same thing when we went on a 10-day cruise on the MSC Divina (an Italian liner based in Miami) a couple years ago. Whether it be the high European passenger factor (and menu's that reflect the clientele), a non-traditional cruise line not owned by Carnival or RC, or whatever, it got some very bad reviews. We took everything with a very large grain of salt, read between the lines, and had an AWESOME time.

We are expecting a fantastic time on the Coastal cruise on the Infinity, and the joy of being with many friends. As I said...."any day on a cruise ship is better than just about anything else!". :)

I have found through researching for cruises that the passenger mix can definately affect the cruise reviews.

On our first ocean cruise to the W. Med out of Venice on the NCL Gem, I read may Gem reviews here on cruise critic prior to booking that cruise. I was concerned because of some many negative or quasi-negative reviews of the Gem. However, the more that I studied the reviews, I found that most of the highly negative reviews of the Gem's cruises were for the Caribbean cruises out of NY City, not the Med cruises out of Venice.

I have found that different cruises have a different mix of passengers and that can lead to different views depending on the origin of the passengers.

Depends on many factors.

We enjoyed our Inf ABC island cruise in Oct but not everything was great..

Service, food and all around in BLU not up to standards abd service we usually receive. .We ate at Tuscan 2x, Q sine, buffet and mdr to avoid poor and very slow food service.

Safety drill was poorly organized and security insps at ports ran very slow while staff stood around chatting..

The DJ and Halloween activities were great, our cabin service was awesome and we had friendly officers and staff..but just a few things were "off"..it was an in between cruise for Inf

Depends on many factors.

We enjoyed our Inf ABC island cruise in Oct but not everything was great..

Service, food and all around in BLU not up to standards abd service we usually receive. .We ate at Tuscan 2x, Q sine, buffet and mdr to avoid poor and very slow food service.

Safety drill was poorly organized and security insps at ports ran very slow while staff stood around chatting..

The DJ and Halloween activities were great, our cabin service was awesome and we had friendly officers and staff..but just a few things were "off"..it was an in between cruise for Inf

We are booked the 11 Night ABC's Summit Christmas 2017 A1 Cabin 1140, we have never done the ABC? Any problems or suggestions.

(Celebrity Summit Norwegian Breakaway Sunrise from St George's Ferry - Clock Tower Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda 5-11-2016.)

32410306943_0de5a8b1ae_b.jpg

CaptDave

Despite the negs I posted about the Infinity, we believe or hope it was a one off, as we are booked for a Ca coastal on Inf. Next Oct.

It was a very good cruise for us..had great weather, and not too long.

The ABC itin included KW.. KW had Fantasy Fest ( naked body paint parade) so went took our usual long walk in another direction to look at some of the KW houses close up...it was very pleasant. Enjoyed Bonaire (new port for us) with the Flamingo Salt tour, lunch at Kraals and very nice local shops and craft market. Had been to Curacao many yrs ago..spent a day at a beach club..beautiful and relaxing. Aruba (overnight) was the gem...did an island tour that covered so much from the baby bridge, cactus gardens(spectacular), lighthouse and time at the beach,,.

You picked a great itin...hope they get Summit all fixed! Have sailed on her 3x in the past..