New! Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle Parties On Board Regent Seven Seas Cruises

LauraS

Hi Belfast Taxman;   

Recommend you send an email (or your can call Jennifer) to the Regent Groups Coordinator, Jennifer Bartlett.  Please see below.  Jennifer will get the roster of registered meet & minglers from your voyage about 30 days prior to embarkation.  She works with the Regent ship's staff to arrange the meet & mingle.  We had terrific support from her before & during last November's Mariner 35 day South Pacific voyage.  I recommended the day/time for our meet & mingle and she agreed.

We had our meet & mingle late morning during the earliest sea day but since u do not have any sea days, think 5pm on the second day of your cruise may work..  WE had over 50 Regent cruise critics attend our South Pacific leg from Hawaii to Tahiti last November on the Mariner.  

Jennifer Bartlett | Group Coordinator

P: +1 402.962.0292 | M: +1 402.493. 2351 

JBartlett@rssc.com | www.rssc.com

Regent  Seven Seas Cruises

• 3 months later...

I would like to sign up for the Mix and Mingle event on booth the February 6 departure from Barcelona and the February 25 departure from Miami.  How do I do that?  I am particularly interested in finding travelers who are on both legs as we will be on board together for 30 days.  If Regency is listening here, please try to arrange such a grouping.   We will be in suite 918 on the first leg.  Thank you, Jim and Pat Wareham

@jlwareham,

• The events are called “Meet & Mingle” and are organised by CC in advance and hosted by Regent on board if sufficient CC members sign-up
  • There is a tab at the top of this page that will take you to the M&M sign-up area. However you may be too late to sign up for February cruises as I think the cut off is about 1 month prior to sailing
  • The best way to hook up with fellow travellers in advance is to join the relevant CC Roll Calls. Others booked on the same cruise will also be able to advise whether a Meet & Mingle gathering is going ahead i.e. whether there were sufficient guests registered at the cut-off date.
  • On board there are plenty of other social gatherings available to be able to meet with others.

Enjoy your cruise(s) 😎

On 2/1/2020 at 5:44 PM, jlwareham said:

I would like to sign up for the Mix and Mingle event on booth the February 6 departure from Barcelona and the February 25 departure from Miami.  How do I do that?  I am particularly interested in finding travelers who are on both legs as we will be on board together for 30 days.  If Regency is listening here, please try to arrange such a grouping.   We will be in suite 918 on the first leg.  Thank you, Jim and Pat Wareham

+1 on the Roll Calls.  You can also check there for others on the cruise who are already signed up for the Meet & Mingle who can let you know when and where it is.  I know Regent likes to have headcounts for food and servers, but we've had people show up last minute and it was never any problem, really.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Our Splendor cruise San Diego to Miami was cancelled 20 hours before we were to board.  Laura S had kindly sent us lots of CC items to raffle off at the M&M - for which at one point we had 58 people on the list!!   One of our group had made outstanding name tags for us all as well and I had all of these items sitting in my hotel room in San Diego.   Fortunately Scubadiver - who made the tags, received the package from CC - was also in San Diego.  He was able to come to my hotel and collect everything.   The lovely CC items will find new homes in San Luis Obispo.

I just wanted, via this post (because the mail function on CC site is currently disabled) to thank Laura S and Cruise Critic for their generosity and to say that the items will not go to waste...

Gerry

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The M&M parities are really great, and Regent goes out of their way to make it nice (food, drinks, staff and Officers of the Ship).  So if you sign up to go, please go and enjoy.  It's embarrassing and disappointing when 25 to 30 sign up and 6 to 8 show up. 

• Like 1

Second ronrick1943 (my birth year) overview of M&M experiences.  Our most-recent (and it appears due to the current environment, maybe the last) were Explorer BtB August-September 2019 Stockholm-Southampton; Southampton-Southampton segments.  Both were well-attended, and supported by Regent Officers/Staff.   Quite informal and friendly. 

Therefore, Spouse and I were looking forward to a similar experience aboard Splendor--March 14th sailing from San Diego.  We anticipated meeting many CC "associates", including Hambagahle, for that segment to Miami.  Did not happen.  Another 2020 Regent segment has also been canceled due to Canada closing all Ports until--?

So, our next opportunity will be April, 2021--Tokyo to Vancouver, B.C. aboard Explorer.  Time will tell.

In the interim, recommend signing-up.  Such social gatherings may take on another aspect due to COVID-19 distancing requirements.  Who knows. 

Keep the faith. 

GOARMY!

My last two meet and mingle were a disaster, Regent put out a nice display, have officers show up, the first one we were 5 , the last one Dubai to Singapore, just my husband and I , not ready to experience that again. If I were Regent, I would not provide the room, the display and the crew . Plus , I think it is rude to sign up for it and not show up.

now, our next cruise is 1/21/2021, I hope things are pretty much back to normal

, I am so looking forward to it, but sadly, I do not think I will sign up for the meet and mingle, I thought it was a great way to meet new people, not so.

Happy cruising!

We have enjoyed about 15 Regent cruises since 2004 and I have been actively involved in organizing these meet and mingles prior to the formal meet & mingle and previous informal meet & mingle program.  Each one of these meet & mingles was attended by at least twenty cruise critics and supported by the Regent ship on board staff.

Our last Regent cruise on the Mariner (Hawaii to Tahiti) in 2017 we had over 50 cruise critics attend our meet & mingle.  We firmly believe, like the traditional wonderful Regent Block Parties these meet & mingle events are nice social events where you get to meet like minded Regent cruisers.  Now, with Covid 19 it will be interesting to see how future meet and mingles are handled.

regent.jpeg

13 hours ago, Odile1 said:

My last two meet and mingle were a disaster, Regent put out a nice display, have officers show up, the first one we were 5 , the last one Dubai to Singapore, just my husband and I , not ready to experience that again. If I were Regent, I would not provide the room, the display and the crew . Plus , I think it is rude to sign up for it and not show up.

now, our next cruise is 1/21/2021, I hope things are pretty much back to normal

, I am so looking forward to it, but sadly, I do not think I will sign up for the meet and mingle, I thought it was a great way to meet new people, not so.

Happy cruising!

Most of our experiences have been the same as yours.  Most of the time I do sign up - if there are only a few people, I chat for a few minutes with them as well as with officers that are there and leave after a few minutes.  Unfortunately, passengers do not get a voice in terms of when these events occur and they often are in conflict with other events.  Agree that it is rude to sign up and then not show up but perhaps, like myself, I do not know of an easy way of canceling once you are on the ship. 

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately the M&M parties are scheduled in advance from Miami and they don't know what lectures or events may be put in the same time frame.  When we sign nu for M&M we don't know the shipboard schedule and often the conflicting event or lecture is more important to some individuals and that creates the large number of no shows.  We often show up at the end after the lecture and get to meet some folks.

To be honest, I think I've had better luck with 'informal' M&M parties scheduled through the Roll Calls - we've had more interaction on schedule conflicts, locations, etc. and it seems like we have a good turnout for them.  No food and no officers, but cocktails and good company - that's good enough for me!

While this may be a moot point in light of spacing requirements which will probably be mandated due to COVID-19; and assuming there will continue to be some semblance of a M&M event--

Although a lecture may interfere with a M&M party, ALL such presentations are recorded.  They are repeated, constantly, for later viewing from one's suite. So--we have not felt the need to cancel attendance at a M&M due to conflict with a lecture.  Of course, one does loose an opportunity to ask a question or make a comment to the lecturer if one is not in the Theater during that particular presentation. 

Let us hope there will be the need to deal with this "problem" in the future.  Right now, things do not look promising. 

GOARMY!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see Regent (or any other cruise line) doing an event with a crowd and the small buffet that they put out.  I agree with Bill that "we" (any Regent cruiser) can arrange a small get together where social distancing is possible and where a person can get a cocktail if they wish to have one.

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

I don't see Regent (or any other cruise line) doing an event with a crowd and the small buffet that they put out.  I agree with Bill that "we" (any Regent cruiser) can arrange a small get together where social distancing is possible and where a person can get a cocktail if they wish to have one.

While I'm sure I'll miss the M&M gatherings, it only makes sense to put them on the shelf for the time being.  Small DIY get togethers such as Bill described are always a possibility until the current health crisis has been abated, and I would certainly support such an effort.

• 4 months later...

I agree, just don't think they will be having something like this a while----maybe year after next if all goes will in 2021.  The ones we've gone too, always had about 15 to 20 guest (we've been to 4 of them, the time sometimes just don't work out for us).  I've met a few nice people doing the event.

• 1 year later...

Update on status of Regent and Cruise Critic Meet & Mingles:

In last two weeks, have been in touch with the leaders of Regent (President Jason Montague) and LauraS (Cruise Critic Manager) and alas, formal Meet & Mingles are still on pause.  Will check back with these leaders mid summer, and update here accordingly.

• Like 1

Let them know that for Riviera’s 17 November 2021 transAtlantic (Rome embarkation), HiFi43 (Bruce) was able to organize a meet and greet in horizons. I was the secretary, and we had ~100 people sign up, and ~50 show up (I kept track during sign in). It is a great opportunity to put faces to (real) names!

I appreciate your efforts!

It's not difficult to get the CC gang together for a M&G or Dinner.  The Maitre'd in Compass Rose will even set up a special table for the party.   Regent has placed the barometer of comfort and responsibility in our hands.  

IMG_9296.jpg

• Like 6

• 5 months later...
  • LauraS unpinned this topic