New Restaurant Changes during Caribbean Princess Dry Dock

trbarton

Princess Cruises Announces Largest Food & Beverage Innovation Ever to Take Place during a Drydock

The Caribbean Princess is undergoing a major change with their restaurant venues. Perhaps Princess is using this as a test for other ships in the fleet.

World Fresh Marketplace – Replacing Horizon Court (deck 14)

Two Casual Specialty Restaurants - Café Caribe (deck 14 aft)

Planks BBQ......Steamers Seafood

Top-Deck Dining Venues – Four Princess top-deck outdoor dining offerings will be revitalized, renamed and enhanced, including:

The Salty Dog Grill (formerly Trident Grill)

Slice (formerly Pizzeria)

Coffee & Cones (formerly Scoops)

The Mix (formerly Blackbeard's Bar)

To see the complete story use these links http://finance.yahoo.com/news/princess-cruises-announces-largest-food-203900453.html;_ylc=X1MDMTE5Nzc4NDE4NQRfZXgDMQRfeXJpZANhdXFhcGpoY2Rta2czBGcDZFhWcFpEeHVjejR5T0RBMFpEYzROeTB6WmpNd0xUTXlZakF0T0RRNE1TMW1OVFkxTkdFNE1HWTJObVE4Wm1sbGJHUStZMk5zBGxhbmcDZW4tVVMEb3JpZ19sYW5nA2VuBG9yaWdfcmVnaW9uA1VTBHBvcwMxBHJlZ2lvbgNVUwRzeW1ib2wDQ0NM?.tsrc=applewf

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7692

Tom😀

Having sailed on the CB 3x in the last 12 months, we look forward to our as-yet-unscheduled next cruise on her to enjoy the new eating venues on Deck 15. Usually we eat all our meals in Horizon and the decor/layout was getting a bit old, esp. since it's similar to that on the newer Crown-class ships on which we've also sailed many times. That's why the totally different concepts on Royal/Regal were such a welcome change.

Just some observations based on my preferences & perceptions. I began sailing with Princess on the original Dawn Princess just after the Sitmar takeover. Back then the focus was on excellent food & service in the MDR. There were the Pizzeria & outdoor buffets set up by the aft pool. Once all the dining "options" came into place the general quality levels of food & service began a continuous decline. The current business model seems to be endless "revenue production" venues & creates(in my opinion) more of a tacky crass feeling to the product presentation. Ships are now purposefully designed with less general use public areas, i.e. no libraries, limited access to forward/aft outer decks, no usable promenade decks, observation lounges, aft pools, ect. I wish that mass market cruise lines would perhaps charge a slightly higher per diem and put the focus back on service & food quality in their MDR's. Yes, there are the likes of Oceania, Crystal, & Regent, but they are priced out of limits for someone like me who likes to cruise frequently. IF... Princess were to rebuild exact replicas of the original Island/Pacific or Dawn/Fair sisters I'm sure they'd be sold out my us "old school" cruisers. Just saying.

Princess Cruises Announces Largest Food & Beverage Innovation Ever to Take Place during a Drydock

The Caribbean Princess is undergoing a major change with their restaurant venues. Perhaps Princess is using this as a test for other ships in the fleet.

World Fresh Marketplace – Replacing Horizon Court (deck 14)

Two Casual Specialty Restaurants - Café Caribe (deck 14 aft)

Planks BBQ......Steamers Seafood

Top-Deck Dining Venues – Four Princess top-deck outdoor dining offerings will be revitalized, renamed and enhanced, including:

The Salty Dog Grill (formerly Trident Grill)

Slice (formerly Pizzeria)

Coffee & Cones (formerly Scoops)

The Mix (formerly Blackbeard's Bar) Tom😀

The Mods had a sticky for this.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2477050