Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

Review of Grand Suite, 1201, Splendor.

Sail date March 17, 2022.

Reviewed by Gpilon

Starboard, forward

Number of bathrooms 2

Both showers separate with large jetted tub in Master Bath

Noise issues - slight sounds from Observation Lounge only in living area and none in Master Bedroom 

Recommend  Yes

Comments - The entire cruise was fairly windy and when in bed you would feel considerable movement. Being high and forward in windy conditions most likely caused the motion. Beautiful Suite and very nicely appointed. Given the huge wraparound balcony we were surprised at how much we used it. Easy walk to pool deck.

26 minutes ago, Gpilon said:

Thanks for letting me know, and thanks for all your efforts with the SuiteGuru. Very informative and helpful. 

Good to know it's helping, thanks.  I know I wish I'd have had something like this 13 years ago when I started cruising - might have helped me avoid some less than ideal cabins...

And thanks to everyone who contributes their reviews - YOU are the ones making this work (since I can't seem to convince Regent I need to have a free cruise in each cabin to complete the spreadsheets)   🙂

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't seem to edit the Google doc, so am posting this and the wonderful Bill will put it in properly.

Splendor 932

Constant and consistent vibration whether standing, sitting or lying down. Also noisy from whatever causes this. Noise was ok, but vibration triggered motion sickness.

Reports from another cruiser claim 934 is the same way.

Regent moved us.

Recommend No!

Edited by 2012_Alaska_bound

On 4/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

I couldn't seem to edit the Google doc, so am posting this and the wonderful Bill will put it in properly.

Splendor 932

Constant and consistent vibration whether standing, sitting or lying down. Also noisy from whatever causes this. Noise was ok, but vibration triggered motion sickness.

Reports from another cruiser claim 934 is the same way.

Regent moved us.

Recommend No!

Sporeadsheet updated.  Could I ask you which suite Regent relocated you to and could you provide details on that one as well?  Thanks!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

Sporeadsheet updated.  Could I ask you which suite Regent relocated you to and could you provide details on that one as well?  Thanks!

717 just forward of Forward elevators on Starboard side. Wonderful suite so quiet and no vibration, just normal rocking and rolling.

On 4/12/2022 at 5:19 AM, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

717 just forward of Forward elevators on Starboard side. Wonderful suite so quiet and no vibration, just normal rocking and rolling.

Would you be okay with me adding these comments to this suite as well?

Bill:  We just got off the Splendor transatlantic and were in 927 and also had terrible vibration the entire cruise.  Offered to move us  after us thinking it would stop but it didn't.  Offer was  lower catagory and way up front.  Stayed where we were - also, the slider to the balcony didn't open - just occasionaly, even after complaining 5 times.....would NOT recommend this cabin.  

Not sure I’m in the right spot….Just booked Splendor suite 659…for a Sept cruise.  Deck 5 is all public spaces, and lounges….but this looks like we are not over anything major (like the kitchen).  Any issues with noise in general on the deck 6 staterooms?  

We were in Voyager suite 900 on the 9th floor and it was very noisy as it appears there was an air-conditioning unit just behind us.  When we booked I did try putting this suite in the search engine though nothing came up .  On embarking we didn’t notice as the television was on and it was just when going to room later we really noticed the noise and also my husband was noticing a slight vibration once he out his head on the pillow.  The following day our neighbours right across the corridor were also being moved also  due to the noise which made us question why would they initially use those suites.  It was definitely not a good start to our first cruise with Regent.  I hope this will help others.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jlhalldc said:

Still aboard the Splendor and loving suite 742. Hope the Excel spreadsheet comes through. Thanks for making this a valuable resource for all of us. Much appreciated!

Regent Splendor Review 742.xls 33 kB · 0 downloads

I should have added: The balcony doors are VERY hard to open. Nothing seemed to resolve the problem. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 7:59 PM, DougMacP said:

Not sure I’m in the right spot….Just booked Splendor suite 659…for a Sept cruise.  Deck 5 is all public spaces, and lounges….but this looks like we are not over anything major (like the kitchen).  Any issues with noise in general on the deck 6 staterooms?  

I don't have any reviews for those suites on Splendor but looking at Explorer (same class of ship) there was some noise noted from the tenders in suite 649, but that's about 5 cabins back so might not be an issue.  And of course, the tenders are only in use in tender ports.  If your itinerary doesn't tender often or if you're up early to take excursions this shouldn't be an issue.  And of course, this will also depend on whether they tender from port or starboard.

Frankly I wouldn't be too concerned.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Jlhalldc said:

Still aboard the Splendor and loving suite 742. Hope the Excel spreadsheet comes through. Thanks for making this a valuable resource for all of us. Much appreciated!

Regent Splendor Review 742.xls 33 kB · 2 downloads

55 minutes ago, Jlhalldc said:

I should have added: The balcony doors are VERY hard to open. Nothing seemed to resolve the problem. 

Updated!

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 2:01 PM, Tudorcruisers said:

We were in Voyager suite 900 on the 9th floor and it was very noisy as it appears there was an air-conditioning unit just behind us.  When we booked I did try putting this suite in the search engine though nothing came up .  On embarking we didn’t notice as the television was on and it was just when going to room later we really noticed the noise and also my husband was noticing a slight vibration once he out his head on the pillow.  The following day our neighbours right across the corridor were also being moved also  due to the noise which made us question why would they initially use those suites.  It was definitely not a good start to our first cruise with Regent.  I hope this will help others.  

I went ahead and entered this post in the spreadsheets for the cabin you were in.  Thanks for the input!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to put my review here, I don't seem to have a program on my computer to open the template.

Splendor

MS

Pudgesmom

April/2022

Port

Aft

Sq ft - unknown 

2 Bathrooms

1 bath w/separate shower/tub; 1 with shower

Noise issues? No

Recommend Yes

Fantastic cabin. We loved having two bedrooms, baths and closets for the two of us. The enormous balcony was great; we could locate on either the side or rear to avoid any wind on our TA. Very small amount of noise from Chartreuse above, was not a bother. Balcony has 4 loungers with side tables, dining table for six, and seating area with sofa, two chairs and a coffee table.  We moved the living room couch and console backwards about 3' to better enjoy tv and view from sliding doors. Recommend doing the included party on a night in port to enjoy the balcony. Piano is both self and player.  Negatives:  Living space has the  world's most uncomfortable couch. Sat on lounge cushions on the floor for movie night with popcorn.  And, lounge cushions stored in room blocking all sliders at night and during bad weather. Need outside storage for these.

Edited by Pudgesmom

On 5/7/2022 at 12:20 PM, Pudgesmom said:

I'm going to put my review here, I don't seem to have a program on my computer to open the template.

No worries - sorry for the delay, work got in the way this week.  🙂  This has been posted now.  Thanks!!

• Thanks 1