Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

17 hours ago, traveljkkk said:

We were in this suite on Explorer until 1/12/23.  We really did find the location quite good, surprisingly quiet, and excellent access to the stairs, which were our basic form of exercise during the cruise to nowhere.  We had two things fixed for you - you are welcome.  Were Vipin, Mark and Melanie still attending?  Hated the toilet paper holder - should face toward back in my opinion.

Agree with the TP holder the rolls like to fly off when you tear!  Same staff - They are excellent.  

12 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

Agree with the TP holder the rolls like to fly off when you tear!  Same staff - They are excellent.  

Would you tell all three that we were blessed to have them on our trip from Singapore to Auckland over the holidays and wish them all the best.  Never met a friendlier, hard working group of folks - a real team.  Melanie got her five-year award while we were on the ship.  Jack and Kathleen.

Re the TP - it would be better if only reversed so a tug would be resisted fully.

We used to live in Houston many years ago.  Almost cocktail hour here in the NC mountains at 4000 feet - you two have a great trip.

Hi there. We have never been on a cruise before and are just about to book Regent Seven Seas Grandeur ! It seems to be very popular and we can either have a deluxe veranda on deck 6 mid ship , or there is one superior suite left 805 near the front but it seems to be opposite the laundry room . I like the idea of the bigger suite as it has a bath  and a bigger bed too ,but I am a bit worried about potential noise from the laundry room.

also I am thinking that deck 8 towards the front of the ship willthere be more movement  in case I feel seasick …this superiorsuite is currently being held for me for a day …any advice wouldbe greatly appreciated. There are no concierge suites left by theway .

I know Grandeur is new but if anyone has been on a similar level in the Splendour or similar that would be so helpful .

thanks 

Joan 

2 hours ago, Jchisley said:

Hi there. We have never been on a cruise before and are just about to book Regent Seven Seas Grandeur ! It seems to be very popular and we can either have a deluxe veranda on deck 6 mid ship , or there is one superior suite left 805 near the front but it seems to be opposite the laundry room . I like the idea of the bigger suite as it has a bath  and a bigger bed too ,but I am a bit worried about potential noise from the laundry room.

also I am thinking that deck 8 towards the front of the ship willthere be more movement  in case I feel seasick …this superiorsuite is currently being held for me for a day …any advice wouldbe greatly appreciated. There are no concierge suites left by theway .

I know Grandeur is new but if anyone has been on a similar level in the Splendour or similar that would be so helpful .

thanks 

Joan 

I don't think the laundry room will be a problem. The way the suites are laid out, you're away from the doors when you're in the main area. And the doors are very soundproof. Perhaps you can book that room and waitlist a suite more centrally located?

18 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I don't think the laundry room will be a problem. The way the suites are laid out, you're away from the doors when you're in the main area. And the doors are very soundproof. Perhaps you can book that room and waitlist a suite more centrally located?

Thank you Wendy - good plan think we will do that x

On 2/13/2023 at 11:32 PM, 2SailingNomads said:

Question for anyone who knows: (sorry if this was answered in the 20 pages) on Splendor is the veranda deck size in 700 the same as say 704?  

Thanks.

Go to rssc.com and view the deck plan.

5 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

Asked my TA blocked view had already looked at Rssc and doesn't an6it. Thanks for nothing 

I just had a look on cruise mapper dot com which shows a photo of the front of the ship. The balconies of suites in that area seem to just be a 'hole' in the ships hull which is probably what your TA meant about a blocked view (I assume to protect from the sea). A bit like deck 5 on Seabourn. The balcony does look narrower on the deck plan too but have never seen them in real life. There is a review on the spread sheet but it doesn't mention balcony size - maybe you could message the reviewer to ask.

Edited by Techno123

Sometime in the fairly recent past there was a thread that included discussion of one of the x00 penthouse suites. As I recall the poster liked the balcony and was not put off by the blocked view. My wife and I declined an upgrade to one of those suites because we like to sit out and watch the scenery. On those balconies one has to stand to see the ocean. 

We have NEVER cruised before, and are booked on a Splendor cruise in the Mediterranean next year in Suite 671. I have read through all the previous pages and haven’t found anything about this cabin. I know it is smaller than most cabins reviewed here, but it fits our budget. I know it is aft (better in case of seasickness) and over the spa. I am assuming the view is unobstructed? Is this a decent cabin? Being ignorant can either be a blessing or a curse. I just don’t want to have a bad experience for our first cruise. I always prefer to have my glass half full…….

9 hours ago, Gray Lady said:

We have NEVER cruised before, and are booked on a Splendor cruise in the Mediterranean next year in Suite 671. I have read through all the previous pages and haven’t found anything about this cabin. I know it is smaller than most cabins reviewed here, but it fits our budget. I know it is aft (better in case of seasickness) and over the spa. I am assuming the view is unobstructed? Is this a decent cabin? Being ignorant can either be a blessing or a curse. I just don’t want to have a bad experience for our first cruise. I always prefer to have my glass half full…….

There is a review for that suite number on the Explorer spreadsheet. Might be worth having a look.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 8:54 AM, hamasgirl said:

UUNetBill.  We just came back from our first cruise on Splendor.  I hope that I completed the template correctly for our Suite 700

Splendor CC Rating Template.xls 32.5 kB · 39 downloads

HamasGirl.  Did the balcony on 700 seem like a normal” size?  Cabin is available and thinking of nabbing it.. Thx. 

To everyone who has submitted reviews the last few months, thank you for your inputs!  I apologize for my delay in making updates - life has gotten in the way, and with our next cruise still a year away it kind of brings me down reading CC too much.  🙂

Anyhow, I should be caught up on posting your reviews now.  Thanks again!

• Like 2

Bill....I am unable to complete this on Excel so thought I would simply rely on you to use your wizardry to complete and enter this into the Suite Guru.

Ship - Splendor

Sail Date - March 28, Miami to Lisbon

Suite 1012, Grand Suite, midship, port side

2 bathrooms

Noise issues - none

Would book again? - Absolutely

Great suite and location

On 4/11/2023 at 6:24 AM, UUNetBill said:

To everyone who has submitted reviews the last few months, thank you for your inputs!  I apologize for my delay in making updates - life has gotten in the way, and with our next cruise still a year away it kind of brings me down reading CC too much.  🙂

Anyhow, I should be caught up on posting your reviews now.  Thanks again!

I am new to Regent but came across mention of your spreadsheet but cannot find link to it. Can you post it here or send to me, migitana at aol dot com? Thank you, Michele 

41 minutes ago, migitana said:

I am new to Regent but came across mention of your spreadsheet but cannot find link to it. Can you post it here or send to me, migitana at aol dot com? Thank you, Michele 

The list of spreadsheets is in Post #1 at the top of the first page of this thread. Click the double left arrow to the left of “PREV” on the page list. 

• Like 1