Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

On 5/16/2022 at 4:56 PM, Smbruner said:

Got it updated, thanks for the input!

On 5/16/2022 at 5:20 PM, Konagolfer said:

Konagolfer, I'm' assuming this is for Splendor - one question, though - you showed 866 as an F Superior suite but the deck plans show it as a Cat E.  Did you list 'F Superior' as the cabin group, perhaps?  I know Regent gets confusing with their classes sometimes, but I wanted to be certain this didn't get redesignated somehow.  Thanks!

21 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

Splendor 717 review - loved it, btw!

160380534_CCRating_Splendor_717.xls 33 kB · 11 downloads

We love it, too - the F2s are my favorite cabin, dollar for dollar.  Kind of the 'sweet spot' for us in terms of size/layout versus cost.  Thanks for the submission!

UUNetBill:  Here's our review of #817 on Splendor this past March:

Category: F2

Reviewed By: Portolan

Mo/Yr Reviewed: 3/2022

Port/Starboard/Mid: Starboard

Fwd/Mid/Aft: Forward

Sq Ft (if known) Cabin/Balcony:

# Bathrooms: 1 w/2 sinks

Tub/Shower/Both/Combination: both

Noise issues? none

Recommend? Absolutely

Comments/positives/negatives/concerns:  Love the F2 suite layout with the bed facing the sea.  Huge amount of storage, both closet and desk. This suite has a flared balcony which we like.

30 minutes ago, Gpilon said:

Bill....I forgot to add to my review of 1201 Splendor that there is a fair amount of vibration felt while in bed. Can you update? Thanks.

Updated.  Of course, you know this might cause a mad rush to reserve this cabin...  😆  🤪  😇

It has been a few years since we were on the Voyager and the Mariner and know they have been refurbished recently.The past several years we have been trying out the new builds, which are beautiful.

We will be on the SS Voyager...

VOY230315 ---March15 ,2023 to April 5,2023  Rio to Miami in B- Penthouse Suite  819.

We will also on the SS Mariner..

MAR230903\ MAR230917---September 03, 2023 to September 28, 2023

Barcelona, Spain to Montreal. in C-Penthouse Suite  835

How are these two suites?  Are there any obstructions to block the view from the balconies?

Any motion/noise from the pods?

Have there been any complaints from previous passengers?

Cheers,

Pat

16 hours ago, SnoBirdCruiser said:

It has been a few years since we were on the Voyager and the Mariner and know they have been refurbished recently.The past several years we have been trying out the new builds, which are beautiful.

We will be on the SS Voyager...

VOY230315 ---March15 ,2023 to April 5,2023  Rio to Miami in B- Penthouse Suite  819.

We will also on the SS Mariner..

MAR230903\ MAR230917---September 03, 2023 to September 28, 2023

Barcelona, Spain to Montreal. in C-Penthouse Suite  835

How are these two suites?  Are there any obstructions to block the view from the balconies?

Any motion/noise from the pods?

Have there been any complaints from previous passengers?

Cheers,

Pat

Pat, here are the links to all of the reviews we've been able to collect so far (I'm on a different computer than normal, if the links don't work properly you can find them in the first post of this thread):

Regent Seven Seas Explorer

Regent Seven Seas Grandeur

Regent Seven Seas Mariner

Regent Seven Seas Navigator

Regent Seven Seas Splendor

Regent Seven Seas Voyager

16 minutes ago, Mauipat said:

Mariner, penthouse 913 -  is it a good cabin location?  Will we be happy with it?

That entire section of the ship seems to have good reviews, flossie009 and Bellagio Cruisers both gave it a thumbs up.  You can read all of the reviews by clicking the Mariner link on the first post in this thread.  Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Navigator  May 13-28, 2022

Penthouse 1023  

Convenient to elevators.  Noisy.

Crew door across the hall slammed.  Butlers started going in and out at 6:30am.  The door slammed many times per minute during the breakfast hours.  The door also woke me up several nights, ie. 4am.  It took 12 days for the closing device to be fixed.  Then the door noise was minimized.  TV's and normal conversations from adjacent suites was audible.  Hallway noise varied.  

Regent website shows a launderette across the hall.  This does not exist.  Launderettes are on decks 8 and 9.  

Edited by Travel2Learn

On 6/9/2022 at 3:01 PM, Travel2Learn said:

Navigator  May 13-28, 2022

Penthouse 1023  

Convenient to elevators.  Noisy.

Crew door across the hall slammed.  Butlers started going in and out at 6:30am.  The door slammed many times per minute during the breakfast hours.  The door also woke me up several nights, ie. 4am.  It took 12 days for the closing device to be fixed.  Then the door noise was minimized.  TV's and normal conversations from adjacent suites was audible.  Hallway noise varied.  

Regent website shows a launderette across the hall.  This does not exist.  Launderettes are on decks 8 and 9.  

On 6/10/2022 at 10:23 PM, NanJ0508 said:

On 6/12/2022 at 5:15 PM, NanJ0508 said:

Other members of our party stayed in this suite.

Mariner Suite 8101

Suite 8101.xlsx 8.31 kB · 7 downloads

Gotcha - thanks!

Quick reminder - for anyone going to the Google Sheets and requesting share access, be aware that I don't grant access to the spreadsheets in order to help maintain data integrity.  If you want to read through the spreadsheets, just open them and read through.  If you want to contribute (and I hope you all keep contributing!!) please use the templates in the first or second post in this thread, or cut and paste a line from one of the sheets to use as a guide, I'll cut-and-paste it into the correct sheet.

Oh, and to the people who have requested access to the Grandeur cabin spreadsheet, remember that there won't be any reviews in there because, well, it's not built yet.  🙂

• Haha 2

Hi Bill,

Here is some info for Mariner 830:

1 BR, standard Mariner penthouse square footage and configuration, 1 bath with tub/shower combo.

No noise issues.  Except for the occasional loud conversation moving past the room, it was perfectly quiet.  No ship-related noises at all.

Definitely recommend!

Perfect location, near forward elevators.  Very comfortable room.  Would book again in a heartbeat.

Note- the bathtub is VERY narrow.  Only someone slim and nimble could use it.

Edited by Me&Red

On 6/18/2022 at 8:54 PM, Me&Red said:

Hi Bill,

Here is some info for Mariner 830:

1 BR, standard Mariner penthouse square footage and configuration, 1 bath with tub/shower combo.

No noise issues.  Except for the occasional loud conversation moving past the room, it was perfectly quiet.  No ship-related noises at all.

Definitely recommend!

Perfect location, near forward elevators.  Very comfortable room.  Would book again in a heartbeat.

Note- the bathtub is VERY narrow.  Only someone slim and nimble could use it.

Got it posted - could you please clarify one thing, though - my spreadsheet shows this cabin as a Cat F but you mentioned it was a standard penthouse square footage and configuration.  Was this a veranda suite or a penthouse?  Thanks!