Club class dining

redheadbarb

if you are traveling with friends who are not in club class dining and you are, can they join you as your guests

Not as I understand it, you'd need to join them in normal ATD.

if you are traveling with friends who are not in club class dining and you are, can they join you as your guests

Princess is very clear about this in their Club Class FAQs:

5. Can a Club Class guest invite their friends to exclusive dining under their reservation?

Exclusive Club Class Dining is only available for the guests booked within a Club Class Mini-Suite or Full Suite. Guests who wish to dine with friends, family and other cruisers not booked in a Club Class Mini-Suite or Full Suite are welcome to do so during our Anytime Dining hours in the Main Dining Room. Guests who would like to book a Club Class Mini-Suite, but would prefer to dine in Traditional Dining can request this change by calling Princess or your travel consultant.

Sorry, No. One of the sellng points of club class is that they guarantee there will be little, or no wait to be seated. Therefore if all suite and club class passengers brought friends, this could increase the number of club class guests by say 2/3/4 times.

club class is a bad move for princess.Over time it will be phased out like the share restaurant.

long cruiser

Really? I've been reading the reviews and they are mostly positive.

We sort of gave up on Princess because of the mess of anytime dining (or whatever they call it) and the difficulty in getting a table for two. Now, with Club Class, we'll be back!

club class is a bad move for princess.Over time it will be phased out like the share restaurant.

long cruiser

Think it is a fantastic move for Princess! If you want it, you get an enhanced menu, slightly more attentive service, more staff interaction, guarantee any time dining with a table more or less of your choice with no wait.....we loved it and so do many others. From what I hear, it is to stay!

We were on the Grand a few weeks ago and I loved Club Class. Not sure it is for everyone, when we travel with friends they will need to book Club Class also if we all plan to dine together. It was fun watching the cooking right at the tables, had our own wait staff for the entire time, and food came out very quickly.

Had the wine and drinks right away, did not have to wait for anything. I think Princess has this to stay, could be incorrect, but it is a perk some folks will be willing to pay for, and if you don't vacation all the time it may be worth the extra. Time will tell...

We were on the Grand a few weeks ago and I loved Club Class. Not sure it is for everyone, when we travel with friends they will need to book Club Class also if we all plan to dine together. It was fun watching the cooking right at the tables, had our own wait staff for the entire time, and food came out very quickly.

Had the wine and drinks right away, did not have to wait for anything. I think Princess has this to stay, could be incorrect, but it is a perk some folks will be willing to pay for, and if you don't vacation all the time it may be worth the extra. Time will tell...

This is how cruising used to be before the market got flooded with mass market lines with dozens of mega ships.

long cruiser

Curious to hear your reasons for why this will be phased out. From everything I read, it sounds like Princess is doing something that passengers like.