Same table every night at Blu?

dpetersp

If I go the first night as soon as they open and choose a table, will I be able to ask that they give me the same table each night at 6:00 (when they open)? The reason I would do this is because I have quite a bit of hearing loss, and need a table for two that is protected from at least two sides if I want to be able to hear my wife during dinner (which I do:))

If I go the first night as soon as they open and choose a table, will I be able to ask that they give me the same table each night at 6:00 (when they open)? The reason I would do this is because I have quite a bit of hearing loss, and need a table for two that is protected from at least two sides if I want to be able to hear my wife during dinner (which I do:))

A large cash tip will greatly improve your chances.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They do try to give you the same servers every night on Blu and Luminae. But if you want to try other servers just say something. What helps in getting the same server every evening is showing up about the same time each evening. Also if your planning to night go to Blu one evening tell the staff. They will try and save the same table or wait staff each evening for you.

My DH also has a hearing loss and we explain that to the host, in Blu or Select dining and together we find a couple of tables that will provide the sound buffering he needs. As long as we arrive about the same time every evening we get one of the tables that work for us. Most often it is the same table.

We usually dine about 8:15-8:30 so if we know we will be dining at 7ish the next night we tell them or if we are planning to dine elsewhere we tell the, ahead of time so they are not keeping a table open for us unnecessarily.

A large cash tip as someone suggested isn't necessary- they want you to enjoy your dinners and will do their best to accommodate you without being offered money.

In my experience, three AQ cruises, we dined at slightly different times each night and our seating varied by cruise. On one we were always in the same section and the other two we were all over the place. Blu is fairly quiet unless you are seated next to a loud couple. Some tables are closely spaced which yields some crosstalk between tables while others are more private. For our fourth cruise coming up we are in CC not AQ. The price difference was significant and CC allows us to spend money on the extra cost dining venues and still come out ahead.

My wife had a favorite table by the window in Blu, we spoke to the Maitre D who told us what to do(when to arrive) to secure that spot. It was ours most nights if we arrived at the time specified. I also noticed another gentleman who always had a certain table and by watching, realized a handshake (tip) was always given to secure it. Although we did not give $20 handshakes we got our window. They aim to please.

I'll admit that when first reading your post I thought you were a little demanding to want to chose a specific table and have it every night. Once I read the reason, your request seemed totally reasonable! I would make sure to share the reason with the Maitre D, I think it will greatly enhance your chances of success.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

My DH has exactly the same issue. On our last cruise, we got the perfect table in the MDR (on opening) and were more than delighted to be given it on subsequent evenings without even asking. I will also make a request from now on after reading your post because it made such a difference to what he could hear. Thank you for raising this.

I travel with a friend who has a significant vision problem and we do a similar scope when traveling to find a table with enough light so he can at least see what he's eating. I've always found that when we explain why they're happy to help out as much as possible.

My DH has the same hearing problem as the OP. We've been in Blu for more than 25 cruises ( probably more than 30) and know all of the key people. They try to hold a specific table for us, but make clear that if someone comes in before us and insists on that table it cannot be held. On some ship the Hostess places menus and bottled water on the table to discourage others from requesting it. Blu is technically first in, first seated so be prepared not to have "your" table.

Hints;

A good spot for hearing problems is the back at the couches against the wall.

Those with difficulty reading menu can request a small flashlight from the Waiter.

At blu it is typically first come first seated. With a hearing loss since table by the window are very close and will be noisey- if you consider a table on the wall side you probably will have no problem securing it. I suggest you arrive at blu, before they open, as many passenger do and line up. Best to get their at least 15 minutes early.

Enjoy

People are lining up before 6 PM.?

Summit in Feb, they were lining up before 5:30......the satff was having to open BLU at 5:30. My wife and I would arrive @6:30-6:45 and had to wait 3 times! One night we waited for over an hour.

I believe Blu opens at 5:45. As an aside, I where hearing aids and have purchased an optional microphone which my wife either clips on or wears on a cord around her neck. I also bring it on tours and the guides are more than happy to clip it on for my benefit. It's slick, especially on walking tours and small tour vans where there is no amplification. It's rechargeable and lasts several hours.

I got it at Costco. Hope it violates no rules saying so.

as others mentioned, explain the situation and they'll do their best to accomodate you.

we requested to sit in the same section because we loved our server and a few times we had to wait, but they gave us a pager and we went for a drink, not a big deal... maybe the longest wait was about 25 minutes.

i'm always envious of those that get window tables... i've had 22 nights of Blu dining (plus 22 breakfasts!) and we've never once been lucky enough to score one. on our last cruise, please were lined up before the doors opened in order to snag them.

I believe Blu opens at 5:45. As an aside, I where hearing aids and have purchased an optional microphone which my wife either clips on or wears on a cord around her neck. I also bring it on tours and the guides are more than happy to clip it on for my benefit. It's slick, especially on walking tours and small tour vans where there is no amplification. It's rechargeable and lasts several hours.

I got it at Costco. Hope it violates no rules saying so.

Thanks for the tip. I bought my hearing aids there, but didn't realize you could buy a microphone.