New OBC Policy for Celebrity

Wine-O

I also do not have option for April 17 cruise. I called Captains Club and was told it is for cruises beginning on/after April 22. I believe you said your cruise was soon, so perhaps this is the reason.

That sounds right, as we sail April 23 and the option to book with OBC is there in our cruise planner.

Thanks so much for this info. I just cancelled and rebooked 8 of my 10 excursions on my upcoming b2b May sailings. I had $1,200 total Celebrity OBC with my onboard booking bonuses & GOBEST pkgs. You just saved me time at the Excursion Desk on both sailings doing what I just did on my computer. YEAH!

Interesting, I checked ours and the credit amount that shows up reflects OBC given by Celebrity, but not the OBC given by our TA.

It won't show your OBC provided by your TA until you actually get on board or a day or two after. This is just for the Celebrity OBC.

I also do not have option for April 17 cruise. I called Captains Club and was told it is for cruises beginning on/after April 22. I believe you said your cruise was soon, so perhaps this is the reason.

Thanks for posting this. I'm leaving next week and I couldn't find mine either. I'll pass it along to our roll call, there were some people there who were wondering why they couldn't see this option.

So we still have to call to book internet with discount - using OBC? Mine does not show my 25% discount online.

Call the Captain's Club. They'll look up your sailing and apply the internet discount, then deduct it from your OBC. You won't get the discount if you book it directly on line.

It won't show your OBC provided by your TA until you actually get on board or a day or two after. This is just for the Celebrity OBC.

What about OBC from your Celebrity or Royal Caribbean credit card points?

What about OBC from your Celebrity or Royal Caribbean credit card points?

From someone on the RCCL board: "They apply Visa points redemptions in order of sailing, so if your sailing is far in the future, it could be a few weeks. If your sailing is in the next month or so, you should see it show up as a pop up when you bring up your Cruise Planner."

I just checked my account. I did not chose OBC when booking. Chose prepaid gratuities. My Celebrity

account shows a $100 OBC. We do have a $100 OBC from our TA, this has to be what is showing.

I have never in the past had a TA OBC showing before sailing. Could this be something new from Celebrity?

Call the Captain's Club. They'll look up your sailing and apply the internet discount, then deduct it from your OBC. You won't get the discount if you book it directly on line.

I am Elite member and I paid $287.00 for 14 days Transatlantic online.:')

I am Elite member and I paid $287.00 for 14 days Transatlantic online.:')

I paid $187 for our 16-night cruise next February, but to get that price, I had to call the Captain's Club and ask for the Elite+ 35% discount instead of booking directly on line. Normal price is $287.

I would cancel your $287 and call the Captain's Club and get the Elite 30% discount.

Can you do the bev package upgrade on line with OBC, or do you have to call in?

I could do it online. I saw that option though a couple of weeks ago. Under the beverage package options it showed that I'm eligible for a $11.80 a day upgrade and I could purchase it like a normal drink package.

I wonder what difference this makes to the staff's onboard tips? They're usually pretty eager to sell you packages and upsell your drink package, now Celebrity is getting that into the general pot.

The person who gets you to upgrade while on board gets the entire upgrade gratuity -- that's why the big push when you get on board to get you to upgrade. I imagine if you pre-purchased on line, the gratuity goes into the general pool.

And the price to upgrade onboard is the same...$11.80 pp per day. ;) Unless you want to use your OBC, you may wait a day or two once you board to see if you want to upgrade to the Premium. You may be fine with the Classic. You'll save one or two days of upgrade fees that way.

I paid $187 for our 16-night cruise next February, but to get that price, I had to call the Captain's Club and ask for the Elite+ 35% discount instead of booking directly on line. Normal price is $287.

I would cancel your $287 and call the Captain's Club and get the Elite 30% discount.

The Elite+ package is just for one person in the stateroom, correct? Can another person in the same stateroom purchase a package at that rate, also? We are both Elite Plus.

I could do it online. I saw that option though a couple of weeks ago. Under the beverage package options it showed that I'm eligible for a $11.80 a day upgrade and I could purchase it like a normal drink package.

When I went to my cruise planner, my available OBC popped up, but there was nothing that indicated I could upgrade Classic to Premium in the list of various packages. So I called the Captain's Club where the rep tried, but was unsuccessful orchestrating the upgrade. So next I called the enhancement line (800-722-5941) and that rep was able to upgrade with my OBC slick and easy. I don't fault the Captain's Club rep as she said this is all very new and they're still learning the ropes. She spent a bit of time trying different angles.