MDR breakfast and lunch

torcruise

I think the hours are a big 'it depends'. But they are always posted in Fun Times.

It's actually very nice. Quality menu, made to order.

We'll happily join other folks at a larger table for that meal.

Not nearly as long as dinner and folks will frequently excuse themselves from the table when they are done. Try it, a great way to meet some folks over a nice meal.

We've only eaten breakfast once on the Pride and brunch once on Fascination. Breakfast on Pride was very nice and we were seated at an 8 top with others joining us as they came in. Brunch was also very nice and we got a 2 top without asking. I don't think either meal took longer than an hour and were probably closer to 45 minutes (which is about half of what dinner typically takes). I normally hit the buffet for breakfast as soon as it opens and then again when DW decides to get up. If we have lunch at all it's normally a quick bite from the buffet, though I have my eyes set on a Guy's Burger when we're on Glory.

Breakfast (on port days - no lunch) and brunch on sea days are some of DH's favorite things to eat in the MDR. The service times are typical of what you would experience in a land restaurant at breakfast or brunch. Great way to get your Eggs Benedict in ;)

On our last Imagination cruise Brunch was 8:30-1. Breakfast was 7-9.

Breakfast is served on port days, brunch on sea days. On sea days you can go to the MDR brunch for breakfast in the morning, then return later for lunch.

MDR lunch is only on longer cruises. Our HI cruise had only three seadays where there was a separate breakfast and lunch service. Each lunch had a different menu.

They have mostly done away with lunch on the 7 day and shorter cruises. The only lunch on port days is the Lido deck. On sea days, you can do the brunch, which has both breakfast and lunch items. I am not a fan. I used to love the sea day lunch. It was fairly quick and had great food! When we first started cruising, 1990's, they had breakfast, lunch and dinner....all at the time you chose. So early dinner meant early breakfast and early lunch. Most of the time the tables were pretty empty... They then moved to open seating for breakfast and lunch. Now just breakfast and sea day brunch. I am sure it is a good idea to be able to use less staff or perhaps give them a break.

They have mostly done away with lunch on the 7 day and shorter cruises. The only lunch on port days is the Lido deck. On sea days, you can do the brunch, which has both breakfast and lunch items. I am not a fan. I used to love the sea day lunch. It was fairly quick and had great food! When we first started cruising, 1990's, they had breakfast, lunch and dinner....all at the time you chose. So early dinner meant early breakfast and early lunch. Most of the time the tables were pretty empty... They then moved to open seating for breakfast and lunch. Now just breakfast and sea day brunch. I am sure it is a good idea to be able to use less staff or perhaps give them a break.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!! I totally forgot that breakfast and lunch used to be early seating and late!! I was a kid then and never made it to breakfast and was so excited on my 4 th cruise when they changed to open seating. Cruising has really changed over the years.

Uh-oh. The last time I did the 4 day Victory cruise they had lunch in MDR day 2 (key west) and day 3 (cozumel). It's sort of a weird timed itinerary so it's not right in the middle of either port stop, but it was definitely lunch time and in the MDR.

Is this now gone? The Lido lines and mayhem were crazy both days when we looked so we went to the dining room instead and lunch was great and relaxed.

On the topic of breakfast/brunch... Most of the eggs that they serve on lido and in the MDR are 'liquid eggs'. If you want scrambled eggs, but don't like those, you can always order "fresh" scrambled eggs in the MDR. Maybe even in the buffet, but I've never asked there. Some people don't even notice and even say they like the scrambled eggs made with the liquid eggs but I couldn't even eat them.

I was at the omelette station and ordered an egg over easy. Then I saw the rag he used the wipe out the pan. It was disgusting! It was so filthy I told him he needed a new one. He proceeded to use it to wipe the pan and I just lost my appetite altogether. Never noticed that before.

Had a nice made my way eggs Benedict in the MDR. White toast, poached egg, ham slice and hollandaise on the side. Perfection! It came very quickly and was very good.

Steak and egg option on Seaday Brunch is very good. I geet it w/o the egg. Comes with fries and spinach.

Edited by crusinpsychRN