Does Oceania ever offer upsells?

Ken the cruiser

On most of the other cruise lines we've sailed on, they have offered upsells starting about a month or so out when they have a significant number of rooms available in the upper categories. Does Oceania ever offer upsells like from a veranda to a penthouse when there are plenty of them still available?

One repeated indication in those threads is that you should be proactive and let your TA know that you would be interested in an upsell, and also let him or her know what price you would be willing to pay. This may not be possible if you booked directly with Oceania but it's very effective when you have a TA.

Good luck! On one of our earliest cruises on Oceania we lucked out with an upsell to an Owner's Suite from a Penthouse, this was on Regatta. Unfortunately, the OS spoiled us ...

A simple search for upsells shows all these threads discussing the issue,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=105329856

Have fun reading.

Is it that Members who are signed in under a username other than yours are unable to view searches such as you've posted the link to......or perhaps that search links "time out" after a certain amount of time?

In any case, I've never been able to view such a link, successfully.

On our first Riviera cruise we were offered an upsell to move from an Oceania Suite to a Vista suite. I offered a lower price but Oceania wouldn't "buy" it. Then a couple of weeks later they came back with an offer nearer to my "price" - but wouldn't meet my goal. so I said no. Once we were on the ship our butler (wonderful Churchill!) told me it was a good thing I stuck with the Oceania Suite because the terrace of the Vista suite cannot be used when the ship is underway - too much wind. I was happy I stuck to my "price"...

Is it that Members who are signed in under a username other than yours are unable to view searches such as you've posted the link to......or perhaps that search links "time out" after a certain amount of time?

In any case, I've never been able to view such a link, successfully.

You are right - I cannot get anything with that link either, It never occurred to me to check it as other links work just fine.

To OP - use the search button and type in "upsells" and you'll get a whole lot of info :D

On our first Riviera cruise we were offered an upsell to move from an Oceania Suite to a Vista suite. I offered a lower price but Oceania wouldn't "buy" it. Then a couple of weeks later they came back with an offer nearer to my "price" - but wouldn't meet my goal. so I said no. Once we were on the ship our butler (wonderful Churchill!) told me it was a good thing I stuck with the Oceania Suite because the terrace of the Vista suite cannot be used when the ship is underway - too much wind. I was happy I stuck to my "price"...

We have an Oceania suite booked, and booked early so I chose the cabin I wanted and have told my agent I do not want an upsell to Vista,even at no extra cost.The position of some of the suites and the wind.We have quite a few sail days.From what I have heard the Oceania suites are great.

Our first and only cruise with Oceania,we had an upsell from concierge to penthouse.What a treat.!

We had a ridiculous number of upsells, "change to a different cruise", then finally "cancel for free" and "cancel and we will pay you 5k" offers on our current Riviera sailing. The upsells were to be expected but the cancel offers were really crazy. Of course they were all voluntary and we didn't volunteer, but the very last one was shocking and reminded me of Redford in "Indecent Proposal". Happily ignored them all and enjoying a relaxing day in Cannes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a ridiculous number of upsells, "change to a different cruise", then finally "cancel for free" and "cancel and we will pay you 5k" offers on our current Riviera sailing. The upsells were to be expected but the cancel offers were really crazy. Of course they were all voluntary and we didn't volunteer, but the very last one was shocking and reminded me of Redford in "Indecent Proposal". Happily ignored them all and enjoying a relaxing day in Cannes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One of the benefits of taking Oceania's air would be being able to take advantage of those too good to be true offers.

Thanks everyone! We definitely have a better understanding of how the upsells and "bumps" work on Oceania. It will be interesting to see what happens as we approach our various sail dates in 2018.

One very important thing is that you must work through an agent...they get the offers and I suspect that the more you agent books O the more likely he is going to get an offer. Book your self ..direct and forget about it. To reiterate what others have said

1. Book through a top agent:halo:

2. Advise that agent to let O know your willing to be Up-sold or Down sold :confused:.

3. Give him the desired cabin to make an offer on and give him a budget range pp..:p

4. Give him, the Agent , the authority to make a decision when he is offered without your input. as they are time sensitive.:o

One very important thing is that you must work through an agent...they get the offers and I suspect that the more you agent books O the more likely he is going to get an offer. Book your self ..direct and forget about it. To reiterate what others have said

1. Book through a top agent:halo:

2. Advise that agent to let O know your willing to be Up-sold or Down sold :confused:.

3. Give him the desired cabin to make an offer on and give him a budget range pp..:p

4. Give him, the Agent , the authority to make a decision when he is offered without your input. as they are time sensitive.:o

Good advice. Thanks! We believe we have a good agent with a reputable travel agency who usually gets us between 6 - 8% OBC or equivalent on all of the cruises we transfer to him. So we'll let him know that we are interested and see what happens.

We have an Oceania suite booked, and booked early so I chose the cabin I wanted and have told my agent I do not want an upsell to Vista,even at no extra cost.The position of some of the suites and the wind.We have quite a few sail days.From what I have heard the Oceania suites are great.

Our first and only cruise with Oceania,we had an upsell from concierge to penthouse.What a treat.!

Janecambridge - the Oceania Suite is lovely. About 100m2 of space. Two bathrooms (one huge, the other with shower and loo) Nice dining area, nice sitting area. Lovely bedroom and HUGE walkin closet. Balcony is narrower than I would really like and I do not much like the "Media Room" - there is a small room off the sitting room with the TV in it. No TV in the sitting area which I find strange. But it is my favourite suite on Riviera and my last cruise was in the Owners Suite...so I think that says it all! Enjoy your cruise!!

Janecambridge - the Oceania Suite is lovely. About 100m2 of space. Two bathrooms (one huge, the other with shower and loo) Nice dining area, nice sitting area. Lovely bedroom and HUGE walkin closet. Balcony is narrower than I would really like and I do not much like the "Media Room" - there is a small room off the sitting room with the TV in it. No TV in the sitting area which I find strange. But it is my favourite suite on Riviera and my last cruise was in the Owners Suite...so I think that says it all! Enjoy your cruise!!

Thank you.I am sure we have made the right decision for our special occasion.The vista suites have great balconies,but we are balcony people and use it a lot,so being restricted during many sailing days,would be a disaster for us.Many people (including Jim and Stan especially) have been very helpful in our decision.

We are so excited.Thank you everyone.