Wow Band or not??

We've never bothered getting them, but on our last cruise I spotted quite a few of them on the ship in various places, probably dropped or left behind by kids. I was wondering though if people have found these in the past and tried using them at the bars:eek::eek::eek:

I found one on deck on my last cruise, and acting like a decent human being I turned it in to guest services.

I'm not paying extra for a band. I love the Disney Magic Bands but those are included.

I was shocked that my wife, the biggest adversary of non-essential spending I know, was more than happy to pay the 4.99 for the band. Was surprising, but she liked the idea when I explained what they were for, and it was perfect for us. She was majorly disappointed the yellow wasn't available for our cabin though. She really likes yellow.

We've never bothered getting them, but on our last cruise I spotted quite a few of them on the ship in various places, probably dropped or left behind by kids. I was wondering though if people have found these in the past and tried using them at the bars:eek::eek::eek:

Make sure that you find one that the original owner looks a lot like you because the picture of the original owner will come up the the POS screen when they scan it.;)

dp

I've never had them, but I'm interested in the bands. The cost isn't enough to deter me. (You are saying $5/cruise ... not $5/day, right?)

However, practical me remembers that ALL my cruise shorts, day skirts, and swim cover-ups have pockets -- maybe not big pockets, but certainly enough to hold my ship ID. I'm careful about packing only daytime clothes with pockets. When I go to the pool I have a small tote that holds my sunscreen, book, etc. ... so no reason I can't carry my room key in that tote. Most of my dinner clothes don't have pockets, but I always go with my husband, and he carries my things in his pockets. All this makes it hard to justify the bands.

. I was wondering though if people have found these in the past and tried using them at the bars:eek::eek::eek:

Nah, when you ordered/bought things. You would have to put your birthday​ (year, I think?) In as a PIN on the touch pads. So if someone found a wow band, they would need to know your birth year.

If I have to keep taking it off to get drinks even in the specialty. restaurants as we be dining there each and every night that alone to me isn't worth getting the bands.

At dinner my husband has the cards in his pocket, and we just use those. For me the biggest attraction is getting in and out of the room when I'm alone, like coming back from the pool or gym.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

If they want to data mine me, I'm not going to pay for the pleasure.

If the HOS has RFID cards that are more expensive than regular cards, what can they do that a regular card can't? What can a WOW band do that an RFID card can't and why does the WOW band cost more?

Many people have explained about the convenience of using them for working out and such.. Don't know how else to say it. They work for some, others think they are the spawn of Satan. I still love them.

Now put your foil hat back on.

And yes Kemck, they are waterproof...

Many people have explained about the convenience of using them for working out and such.. Don't know how else to say it. They work for some, others think they are the spawn of Satan. I still love them.

Now put your foil hat back on.

And yes Kemck, they are waterproof...

I asked what they do that the new RFID cards don't do.

Your response is really absurd.

I asked what they do that the new RFID cards don't do.

The RFID cards would not get demagnitized like the older SeaPass cards. Not that I've heard it's a problem, but they would be much harder to copy too.