Did you know Celebrity can "bump" you from your cabin?

p18750

F355c5

I'm sorry that of the three bumped bookings you weren't able to get reassigned to the ship.

You haven't mentioned a TA assisting you and if you booked directly with Celebrity, I would have been glad to intervene in your behalf. The Celebrity representatives that answer the agent phone lines are pretty amazing.

I hope you have an outstanding vacation which makes up for the complications!

Maureen

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I read in an earlier post that he booked directly with Celebrity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have a great crossing and I will flatten the waves.

Serenade of the seas will most likely be ahead of you, since we don't stop till cork Ireland.

After I was bumped, I made all the necessary changes to our 30 day vacation. It would have cost a lot to rebook on celebrity.

Thanks all for your support and sympathy.

Anybody return with s on QM2 May 8th ?

Should have done a lot for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

According to your roll call posts you booked a guarantee on March 14th and had no plans for returning at the time. Is that correct? I also see that you had no cabin assignment on April 4th.

What's your point ? I was under the impression the guarantee balcony meant SOMETHING. I was also under the impression that printing a set sail eticket and being thanked by celebrity via email meant SOMETHING.

Booked on March 14 and no return plans - correct.

All plans after disembarking in Southampton were made during the time I thought a guarantee meant something. Return on QM2 booked under the illusion. Is any of this my fault??

Lots of posts about not getting a cabin assignment until at the port.

I was not concerned until the phone call from celebrity 5 days before ship was to sail. We have sailed 6 or 7 times on celebrity and even more on RCI.

PAckng now for the cruise on a ship that will shorty be in refurbishing dry dock,luck me.

A guarantee is supposed to be a guaranteed cabin. It is not supposed to be a "maybe you'll get something if there is room".

It shouldn't matter if you have a cabin assignment or a guarantee.

I agree with your post. Additionally, several other passengers who were bumped had cabin assignments - and had chosen those cabins when they made their reservation.

So what is your point anyway, Ma Bell?

What's your point ? I was under the impression the guarantee balcony meant SOMETHING. I was also under the impression that printing a set sail eticket and being thanked by celebrity via email meant SOMETHING.

Booked on March 14 and no return plans - correct.

All plans after disembarking in Southampton were made during the time I thought a guarantee meant something. Return on QM2 booked under the illusion. Is any of this my fault??

Lots of posts about not getting a cabin assignment until at the port.

I was not concerned until the phone call from celebrity 5 days before ship was to sail. We have sailed 6 or 7 times on celebrity and even more on RCI.

PAckng now for the cruise on a ship that will shorty be in refurbishing dry dock,luck me.

Just wondering why you were the one who didn't make the cut. It gives me a better idea of what might have happened. Sorry you didn't make it.

A guarantee is supposed to be a guaranteed cabin. It is not supposed to be a "maybe you'll get something if there is room".

It shouldn't matter if you have a cabin assignment or a guarantee.

Of course this should never happen but if something has to be done I was just trying to figure out why they approached those that they did. I'm sure you can understand that.

I couldn't afford to change all the new reservations and I was never asked back by celebrity. Never given a choice!!!!

It is what it is, I'm not done being upset and am going to make the best of our situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Of course this should never happen but if something has to be done I was just trying to figure out why they approached those that they did. I'm sure you can understand that.

I didn't realise X had to know anyone's return plans after the cruise had finished? So why ask that question? How would that help you figuring out why certain pax had been chosen?

Agree with SusieV, a GTY means a guaranteed cabin on the sailing - minimum depends on guarantee of category booked. Fizzy, as just stated, a GTY is where the cruise line chooses the cabin for you as opposed to you choosing it yourself - usually it's less expensive and that's why pax book them. If you don't mind where your cabin is located and you just want to ensure you're somewhere on the ship, they can be a good choice. Note: not all the pax bumped had reserved GTYs, and some had booked through TAs whilst others had booked direct.

Guarantees are usually priced lower than choosing a specific cabin in your category. They "guarantee" that you will receive at least the least desirable cabin in that category and possibly something in a higher category. They are frequently some of the last cabins to be assigned, especially if the guarantee is booked late.

I didn't realise X had to know anyone's return plans after the cruise had finished? So why ask that question? How would that help you figuring out why certain pax had been chosen?

Agree with SusieV, a GTY means a guaranteed cabin on the sailing - minimum depends on guarantee of category booked. Fizzy, as just stated, a GTY is where the cruise line chooses the cabin for you as opposed to you choosing it yourself - usually it's less expensive and that's why pax book them. If you don't mind where your cabin is located and you just want to ensure you're somewhere on the ship, they can be a good choice. Note: not all the pax bumped had reserved GTYs, and some had booked through TAs whilst others had booked direct.

Do you know how many were bumped and how many of the others were not subsequently accommodated? I just asked the question. Why do you speculate on what happened? Do you really know?

Do you know how many were bumped and how many of the others were not subsequently accommodated? I just asked the question. Why do you speculate on what happened? Do you really know?

We can all only go on what the various pax have posted on this thread and their roll call - so no speculation, only what pax have posted previously. My reply was in direct request to you asking about their return plans helping you figure out why they had been bumped. Does that have any relevance to being bumped? We've never divulged our return plans to X, so does that mean we're more likely to be bumped? If so, why is that a valid reason?

I don't know about you but every time I check in with Celebrity they ask me how I'm arriving to and leaving the ship. I would imagine that if there is a problem that might be one of the things taken into consideration as far as making a decision as to who to whom they would make an offer. If I were in charge , it would. So would the timing of when the cruise was first booked, if one had a guarantee, if one was travelling with others, etc. As with most travel situations they make offers until someone accepts.

We can all only go on what the various pax have posted on this thread and their roll call - so no speculation, only what pax have posted previously. My reply was in direct request to you asking about their return plans helping you figure out why they had been bumped. Does that have any relevance to being bumped? We've never divulged our return plans to X, so does that mean we're more likely to be bumped? If so, why is that a valid reason?

I guess I could see them bumping a pax that hasn't booked through Choice Air as that would require a higher amount of reimbursement ... of course, I am also just speculating. It would be interesting to know if those that didn't provide their travel information or those that didn't book through Choice Air were the ones that were bumped. Or....those that have taken out Celebrity trip insurance or not. I am curious!

In over 50 cruises, I have never heard of this happening on any cruiseline. I have been booked on a Celebrity cruise that was canceled as the ship was chartered out but it was done with sufficient time to rebook another cruise with no airfare / hotels / transportation costs in play. I also have read that Princess does call to make a move over offer when the cruise is overbooked. But, I was unaware they could just assign your cabin to someone else without sufficient cause other than it being double booked. Thus, I am really not worried about this happening as it sounds as though this was a very rare occurrence. I realize that is very little solace to those bumped off this cruise and I do have empathy for these passengers.

PS -- I can only imagine ... again, just speculating -- IT was behind this snaffoo.

Edited by Cruise Raider

Sort of scary when some of us pay just as much in airfare (not counting hotel a day or two before) as the cost of the cruise - and with a TA or repositioning the extra air cost because it is not a round-trip ticket. Never occurred to me before that they could bump you this close to sailing date..... even if another cruise was offered it the pre-booked air, etc didn't work it would result in a lot of $$ lost or extra fees to change what is probably non-refundable air tickets. We always get insurance but you never know what they will try to do to weasel out of paying.....