Labadee questions

Hello,

We were on the Allure three years ago and docked in labadee, quite honestly, it was on the boring side as I have to stay out of the sun as I have lupus the past two years. My question is, has Labadee changed since I last been there and offer any restaurants or a bar area that I can sit in the shade and sip a drink or have something to eat, or does Labadee just have the BBQ area and no place to sit and have a drink and have some shade?

Thank you...due to the fact docking in St. Maarten is a very long walk to get to "stuff" and docking in San Juan we are get there at 7am which I never get up that early and leaving at 3pm, and in labadee no other place to eat....I best just stay on the ship this time and not get off.

If I got off at Labadee, is the walk far to the area that is shaded and is there a place to get a drink and sit at such as a bar area or do they only have servers bringing your drinks? I assume also having the deluxe drink package our drinks be included in Labadee?

If I got off at Labadee, is the walk far to the area that is shaded?

Yes I find the walk on the pier from the ship to any real facility to be very long, hot and sunny. If you're trying to avoid sun I would recommend taking the water taxi from the pier over to Columbus Cove however, you will still have to make the long hot walk back to the ship. The water taxi only runs one way as everyone must go back through security before returning to the ship.

There's a tram that will take you to Columbus Cove and the tram also takes you back from Columbus Cove to where the Security building is. No need to walk from Columbus Cove to the Security building. Food and a bar is also located at Columbus Cove and plenty of Palm trees there to keep you out of the sun.

Plenty of shade all over Labadee. Bars are set up at certain beach areas. I don't believe the tram picks up at the ship, so you would still have to walk the pier in the hot sun. Perhaps you would be more comfortable staying on board, sitting in the covered solarium and just looking at the view with a drink in your hand.

I'm not sure of the sun restrictions with lupus, but I have had a melanoma and have to use caution. I was just in Labadee and wore a sf50 long sleeve shirt and the walk to shore was probably not more than 5-10 minutes--then shade and the trams. Could you be protected with an umbrella? Sure a lovely port and all of the BBQ areas ar shady. Good luck.

Yes I find the walk on the pier from the ship to any real facility to be very long, hot and sunny. If you're trying to avoid sun I would recommend taking the water taxi from the pier over to Columbus Cove however, you will still have to make the long hot walk back to the ship. The water taxi only runs one way as everyone must go back through security before returning to the ship.

It really is not a long walk at all to the first BBQ facility where one could sit in the shade.

The Cabana solution is a good one if you can get one at Barefoot Beach. There is transportation from near the Dock Security Building to the Cabana area and return. There is a bar there with an excellent lunch. Very little walking involved if you can get one near the entrance as we have done recently.

We stay there to avoid too much sun as I also have had melanoma!