Theatre shows on Crown Princess

Mopsymillar

On the 3/25/17 sailing of Crown, production shows were some disco themed show and the "Magic to Do" show. We agree with you that the magic show was just blah, and did not see the other show. As a positive, the Movies Under the Stars choices were pretty good and those same movies were often shown on cabin TV.

Hi, I was wondering if the shows on the Crown will be different to the Magic to Do we saw on Emerald last year. That particular show was just okay and I don't think I'd really like to see it again!

We were on the Crown in Feb. and March. Magic to Do was the same show we saw on the Emerald last year, but with a different magician. As we were on a long cruise we had another 3 or 4 of the older production shows which I can't remember right now. There were also lots of guest entertainers in both the theater and the Explorer's Lounge.

I got off the Crown before it left for Europe. In talking with some of the performers, they told us that 3 or 4 new shows were going to be installed when they got to Europe, and that group of singers/dancers would be with the ship until September.

I am sorry, but I can't remember which ones were being installed, except Fieria (?) the one with the special guest singer. The guest was going to be someone who sings in West End musicals.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for that KurtMo. That's a shame, but think I'll give it a miss this time round. My cruise is a northern European one, just hope it's warm enough for movies under the star's, ha ha.

We watched the Hunger Games on MUTS one night in the Arctic Circle a few years ago on the Caribbean. We had 3 of the tartan blankets on plus 4 beach towels..:o:o:o

D'Oh! Sorry to hear that Magic To Do wasn't too impressive. I believe it will be on Emerald for our October cruise and I was actually really looking forward to something different from all of the "standard" Princess production shows. I've seen the others enough times and want something new. I will hope for the best anyway. I'm sure it won't ruin my cruise if the show isn't great but with a 28 day cruise (where 18 are sea days) I really would like some decent entertainment! One can only see British Invasion and the other "regular" shows so many times.

On the 3/25/17 sailing of Crown, production shows were some disco themed show and the "Magic to Do" show. We agree with you that the magic show was just blah, and did not see the other show. As a positive, the Movies Under the Stars choices were pretty good and those same movies were often shown on cabin TV.

I share your observation.

D'Oh! Sorry to hear that Magic To Do wasn't too impressive. I believe it will be on Emerald for our October cruise and I was actually really looking forward to something different from all of the "standard" Princess production shows. I've seen the others enough times and want something new. I will hope for the best anyway. I'm sure it won't ruin my cruise if the show isn't great but with a 28 day cruise (where 18 are sea days) I really would like some decent entertainment! One can only see British Invasion and the other "regular" shows so many times.

Michael, We'll go with you and Chris. I have seen it twice and Jean 3 times. It is a very good departure from their other production numbers and was realy well done on the Crown last fall and this spring.

We were blown away by Magic to Do. It was totally different from the usual production shows and we look forward to seeing it again.

I agree. We loved it. Once Upon a Dream is also excellent, very creative. Both shows were a quantum leap over the regular cruise ship production shows. The music, the costuming, props and the graphics are expensive to produce, which is why the shows run for so long.

Michael, We'll go with you and Chris. I have seen it twice and Jean 3 times. It is a very good departure from their other production numbers and was realy well done on the Crown last fall and this spring.

That's encouraging. Maybe the cast on the Emerald last year were a bit below par and it will be a whole lot better with a different cast :D

I have found that seeing the same shows as before can sometimes actually be a good thing. A different group of performers, whether from one ship to another or a change out of performers on the same ship, can make a big difference between one that was just okay and one that really sparkled.

We were blown away by Magic to Do. It was totally different from the usual production shows and we look forward to seeing it again.

Enjoyed it also, have seen it twice. It is just under one hour long. It isn't a magic show that makes you wow at the illusions, it's a musical show with embedded illusions.

The next Steven Swartz show was announced as Born to Dance. No date or ships have been announced that I can find.