Babies in Diapers on Allure

Thanks for the offer, I can't think of anything. We're going to bring a small inflatable pool as suggested by this and other threads on the topic. I may not be brave enough to bring it out on public areas but we can use it on our balcony at least.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Forums mobile app

The small inflatable pool or tub is a great idea for little ones, especially if you don't have a suite and need it to bathe your baby. There are plenty of places on the pool deck, away from the craziness, for you to use one if you didn't want to just use it on your balcony. You can always go and scout out a place first.

As far as this thread, no one is ever going to be able to tell the OP that they will be able to do what they want because things change ship to ship and day to day depending on who is enforcing the rules. That was explained nicely but the OP got defensive. They should just do what they want to do and know they might be told to leave.

Don't be afraid to post questions. Questions about kids get touchy because so many of them are about bending the rules and making exceptions. There is a family forum too, it is not as busy as it used to be, but it still has some helpful information.

The small inflatable pool or tub is a great idea for little ones, especially if you don't have a suite and need it to bathe your baby. There are plenty of places on the pool deck, away from the craziness, for you to use one if you didn't want to just use it on your balcony. You can always go and scout out a place first.

As far as this thread, no one is ever going to be able to tell the OP that they will be able to do what they want because things change ship to ship and day to day depending on who is enforcing the rules. That was explained nicely but the OP got defensive. They should just do what they want to do and know they might be told to leave.

Don't be afraid to post questions. Questions about kids get touchy because so many of them are about bending the rules and making exceptions. There is a family forum too, it is not as busy as it used to be, but it still has some helpful information.

Your a little off track, I actually got the answer I wanted. I was looking for prior experiences. It wasn't so much about bending rules but more about the exact rul meaning when they say can't be in the pool does that mean wading, sitting splashing or does that mean not over the threshold of the pool. The reason I got defensive is people giving answers that are opinions and not their experience or telling me to wait and find out. People tend to be unhelpful and snarky when advice and experience without the attitude is all that's being asked for.

However you are right about the parents being touchy about kids. New parents such as myself are new and scared about bringing their new child out of the country into less developed countries with lower health standards, on planes for the first time and are terrified of making a fatal mistake. As that person don't believe there is a problem with that, the problem lays with the parents who don't ask and research, leave their kid unattended then you hear of the tragedy that follows in rare but in my opinion to common amount like drowning getting lost, kid napping, and all the other horrors we hear about in this messed up world.

So it's not me being defensive, it's agitation with unhelpfulness.

So if anyone has tips for cruising with children this age from EXPERIENCE not opinions , I would love to hear them for myself and to pass onto others in the future.

If the water for the rest of the splash area is the same as the splash pad you won't have an issue walking through with a baby. If the baby splash pad is its own contained and treated water you may not be able to use the other areas. Enjoy!

Your a little off track, I actually got the answer I wanted. I was looking for prior experiences. It wasn't so much about bending rules but more about the exact rul meaning when they say can't be in the pool does that mean wading, sitting splashing or does that mean not over the threshold of the pool.

I don't have experience with my own kids on ships (they are all grown), but I do know the regulations. What Lmaxwell says is the key. By definition, a "baby only recreational water facility", as the USPH calls them, must have a totally separate water system from any other pool or hot tub, including the splash zone directly next to it. By getting a diapered child wet in any other pool or splash area, you are potentially contaminating the water in those pools, and is a violation of the USPH VSP. The diaper allowed splash zone is specifically designed for this: higher turn-over rate of filtration, and a UV sterilizer in the water filtration system in addition to the normal chlorination system.

I've had experience with parents dunking their diapered baby in the adult hot tubs., They were kicked out and the hot tub had to be drained.

Really, no one wants to walk in your precious little baby's pee. Think about it.:eek:

it's not the pee. Pee won't hurt you, poo in the water is the danger. Pee is unpleasant, but won't make anyone sick, poo can send people to the hospital. Is it really worth the risk to take your diapered baby into the splash zone? I think it is great that RC offers an area for diapered babies to play.

Researchfreak, you are off track. The rule is no diapers in any area other than the baby area. You can spin it all you want but your child is not allowed in the other areas. If you want to be scared about something, consider the other diapers your child will be splashing around with.

Researchfreak, you are off track. The rule is no diapers in any area other than the baby area. You can spin it all you want but your child is not allowed in the other areas. If you want to be scared about something, consider the other diapers your child will be splashing around with.

Agree with this, such rules are there to protect other people and babies' health. Researchfreak please don't be that person whose baby's poo ruins it for everyone else when they drain the other areas - or worse makes people sick.

I don't have experience with my own kids on ships (they are all grown), but I do know the regulations. What Lmaxwell says is the key. By definition, a "baby only recreational water facility", as the USPH calls them, must have a totally separate water system from any other pool or hot tub, including the splash zone directly next to it. By getting a diapered child wet in any other pool or splash area, you are potentially contaminating the water in those pools, and is a violation of the USPH VSP. The diaper allowed splash zone is specifically designed for this: higher turn-over rate of filtration, and a UV sterilizer in the water filtration system in addition to the normal chlorination system.

Thanks Chief. Now is only people listen...

Researchfreak,, I get what you are asking. You want to take your diapered little one out of the baby only area into the area with the fountains and pail drops. However, the force of the water under the fountains and waterfalls will not keep the e-coli in the swim diapers I assume you will have your little one in. E coli and all viruses and bacteria are invisible to the naked eye and swim diapers do not contain everything - especially the micoscopic viruses and bacteria.

Chengkp is the boards expert on this and other things. Please listen to him.

Researchfreak,, I get what you are asking. You want to take your diapered little one out of the baby only area into the area with the fountains and pail drops. However, the force of the water under the fountains and waterfalls will not keep the e-coli in the swim diapers I assume you will have your little one in. E coli and all viruses and bacteria are invisible to the naked eye and swim diapers do not contain everything - especially the micoscopic viruses and bacteria.

Chengkp is the boards expert on this and other things. Please listen to him.

Excellent post. Sadly, Researchfreak doesn't seem to care about any of this, only whether or not she will be kicked out of the area where she doesn't belong. They do police these areas and I know they will kick older kids who are diaper trained out of the infant area. I can tell the OP one thing - if I had a child playing in the diaper-free zone and saw her carry in her diapered child, she wouldn't have to worry about the crew, she would be putting my child at physical risk (small children have died from ecoli exposure) and I would immediately deal with the situation.

OK, the ship has a "diapered area" so why would you need anything else? Infants are happy doing just about anything that you let them do, so let them do what is allowed, and it settled.

Exactly, it's not like it's a toddler longing to go in the other areas.

A big THANK YOU to the OP for being concerned about fellow passengers and asking. Many would not even care.

Thats all I was doing so I appreciate you reconizing that. I was asking because I did not know and wanted to know how it worked. The US health code thing I did not know about so thats good information so now I know. The reason I got so upset is that instead of sharing information people find it nessasary to reprimand me for the question and tell me how I am wrong for even bringing it up.

The intent was not to break rules, circumvent rules, or see what is enforced it was to see what the rule was specifically and why. I didnt think about the force of water spreading it into the pool, and thats a good point.

I dont understand why people have to be so mean on here, they want their questions answered and without being judged and so do we.

Also, all you big meanies that keep calling me a she or a mom should assume, this is a papa bear. A papa bear that was convinced by his wife to bring the little one. Now I am worried about upsetting other passangers onboard, breaking rules, or doing something that could harm my little one or someone else. I always hated the parents who brought their children of all ages onboard and didnt care about others so thats why I am asking questions.

So all those who are not offering contructive thoughts, please go away and find a thread of someone who is truley trying to do harm and not do research.

Its been awhile since I have been on CC boards, and people didnt used to be so mean on here.

Hi! We have sailed on all the Oasis class ships with little ones - specifically when our two were in diapers. We were on the Allure last year and have found them to be the strictest with the rules (which made me happy because they were also strict with the bigger kids coming into the baby pool - they were quick to remove them). They likely will point you in the direction of the splash pool for the baby and tell you not to be in the bigger area. Honestly, at times, that splash area is CRAZY. All sorts of kids spraying water in every direction - great for little kids - but probably not great for the baby that gets sprayed in the eyes. We also brought the munchkin duck tub on board and filled it up in the shower (there are showers to wash off prior to entering the pool) and then dragged it between two deck chairs in the shade. Worked well for when our little one was done with the baby pool. It was also a godsend for bathing in our cabin. It fit right in the shower and you could take the nozzle down, fill up the tub, and voila, baby gets a bath! :) They are also very strict at the pools regarding diapering. They do no allow you to change a child anywhere near the pool. We witnessed a very unpleasant interaction last year when a lady got all hot and bothered because they asked to take her child to the baby changing center in the restroom. Mind you, it's maybe 10 steps from the pool to the women's room, so it's easily accessible. They love babies on these ships and they are treated so so well - we have always had great trips and we have such wonderful memories with our little ones. Lastly, don't forget about the play area in the kids zone - great way to burn off energy and you can go there anytime of the day. You can also check out bags of toys from the nursery that are age appropriate and bring them back to your cabin. You will have a great trip - don't let anybody scare you into thinking you won't! Good luck and enjoy!!! :)

Hi! We have sailed on all the Oasis class ships with little ones - specifically when our two were in diapers. We were on the Allure last year and have found them to be the strictest with the rules (which made me happy because they were also strict with the bigger kids coming into the baby pool - they were quick to remove them). They likely will point you in the direction of the splash pool for the baby and tell you not to be in the bigger area. Honestly, at times, that splash area is CRAZY. All sorts of kids spraying water in every direction - great for little kids - but probably not great for the baby that gets sprayed in the eyes. We also brought the munchkin duck tub on board and filled it up in the shower (there are showers to wash off prior to entering the pool) and then dragged it between two deck chairs in the shade. Worked well for when our little one was done with the baby pool. It was also a godsend for bathing in our cabin. It fit right in the shower and you could take the nozzle down, fill up the tub, and voila, baby gets a bath! :) They are also very strict at the pools regarding diapering. They do no allow you to change a child anywhere near the pool. We witnessed a very unpleasant interaction last year when a lady got all hot and bothered because they asked to take her child to the baby changing center in the restroom. Mind you, it's maybe 10 steps from the pool to the women's room, so it's easily accessible. They love babies on these ships and they are treated so so well - we have always had great trips and we have such wonderful memories with our little ones. Lastly, don't forget about the play area in the kids zone - great way to burn off energy and you can go there anytime of the day. You can also check out bags of toys from the nursery that are age appropriate and bring them back to your cabin. You will have a great trip - don't let anybody scare you into thinking you won't! Good luck and enjoy!!! :)

Thank you, a lot of useful info here! didnt think about changing rules, then again shes a wiggly one so a changing table is probally best anyway!

Recently been on Allure, I have kids but not diapered kids. When we were there, a mom let her active diapered child run in the splash area- and a crew member asked her to please remove the girl from the area as they had to be potty trained. The mom argued stated the baby area water splashing is ice cold and her child doesn't like the cold water being splashed on her. She stated she wasn't sitting just walking. But in the end the mom removed the girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thats all I was doing so I appreciate you reconizing that. I was asking because I did not know and wanted to know how it worked. The US health code thing I did not know about so thats good information so now I know. The reason I got so upset is that instead of sharing information people find it nessasary to reprimand me for the question and tell me how I am wrong for even bringing it up.

The intent was not to break rules, circumvent rules, or see what is enforced it was to see what the rule was specifically and why. I didnt think about the force of water spreading it into the pool, and thats a good point.

I dont understand why people have to be so mean on here, they want their questions answered and without being judged and so do we.

Also, all you big meanies that keep calling me a she or a mom should assume, this is a papa bear. A papa bear that was convinced by his wife to bring the little one. Now I am worried about upsetting other passangers onboard, breaking rules, or doing something that could harm my little one or someone else. I always hated the parents who brought their children of all ages onboard and didnt care about others so thats why I am asking questions.

So all those who are not offering contructive thoughts, please go away and find a thread of someone who is truley trying to do harm and not do research.

Its been awhile since I have been on CC boards, and people didnt used to be so mean on here.

People answered your question, the answer was no. You, like many other parents of diapered kids who post her, tried to justify it by saying other kids pee in the splash area, instead of just accepting the no answer. Many parents, like myself, get annoyed when we see diapered children where they don't belong, because it could make our kids sick (you are not the only parent who cares about the health and wellbeing of your child). I recall removing my young, potty trained kids from the kids pirate pool on NCL because of toddlers wearing swim diapers in it. Now that you are a parent, you too will be annoyed at other parents bending rules for their kids, especially when it puts your kids at risk.

People answered your question, the answer was no. You, like many other parents of diapered kids who post her, tried to justify it by saying other kids pee in the splash area, instead of just accepting the no answer. Many parents, like myself, get annoyed when we see diapered children where they don't belong, because it could make our kids sick (you are not the only parent who cares about the health and wellbeing of your child). I recall removing my young, potty trained kids from the kids pirate pool on NCL because of toddlers wearing swim diapers in it. Now that you are a parent, you too will be annoyed at other parents bending rules for their kids, especially when it puts your kids at risk.

People go on the defensive because they are attacked over their questions. Please re-read the original post and you will see that the poster just wanted accurate information. No more, no less.