Babies in Diapers on Allure

SO I understand that babies in diapers are only allowed in the small dedicated diaper splash zone, and for good reason. However I am curious if anyone has experience with bring a diapered child into the rest of the spash zone while carrying them. I am not trying to break the rules, I understand the dont want diapers submersed in the pool of water, but if I carried her in my arms under the fountains and walked around in it with her in my arms would the deck patrol say anything? Just trying to find a way to keep her entertained, she will be 11 months at time of sailing and is a very active little girl.

well that makes a lot of sense if your a normal person, but I have research OCD and have never traveled with our ( currently 5 month old) and am trying to plan and not be dissapointed. Thanks for the suggestion though!

The point is that policies like this can change sailing to sailing, so what someone says they experienced on their cruise last week can be completely different that what you will experience. In other words, you might not be able to plan this in advance.:eek:

well that makes a lot of sense if your a normal person, but I have research OCD and have never traveled with our ( currently 5 month old) and am trying to plan and not be dissapointed. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I would plan on no then.

The point is that even if someone has has the experience of being able to carry their diapered baby through the splash zone, it might not be the same outcome for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring a small, blow up tub. Fill it with about 3 ice buckets of water. Your child can splash to her heart's content. Empty into a floor or shower drain...not onto the deck or pool.

The reasoning is this...if your baby has "poop" in the diaper, any water that contacts the diaper will leech bacteria into the water...even if it's totally contained within the diaper. Bring a blow up tub.

I've had experience with parents dunking their diapered baby in the adult hot tubs., They were kicked out and the hot tub had to be drained.

Really, no one wants to walk in your precious little baby's pee. Think about it.:eek:

Or anybody else's for that matter[emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I totally understand, I am the same way! I want to be prepared as possible for sailing with my baby in 2 weeks :) There's so much uncertainty, especially because who knows what your 5 month old will be doing by then, etc.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Forums mobile app

The point is that policies like this can change sailing to sailing, so what someone says they experienced on their cruise last week can be completely different that what you will experience. In other words, you might not be able to plan this in advance.:eek:

^+1 Bob knows

I totally understand, I am the same way! I want to be prepared as possible for sailing with my baby in 2 weeks :) There's so much uncertainty, especially because who knows what your 5 month old will be doing by then, etc.

Exactly! The OP has no idea if their now 5 month old is going to be an active 11 month old who loves water. They might hate water by then and want nothing to do with it. Plus, they are only going to be disappointed about not being able to go into that area if the OP parades them through the whole thing.

Bring a few things for the baby to splash around in the water with and see who it goes.

If the water for the rest of the splash area is the same as the splash pad you won't have an issue walking through with a baby. If the baby splash pad is its own contained and treated water you may not be able to use the other areas. Enjoy!

your all right I dont know how my 5 month old will act then and thats a fair point I already considered but was not my question , point is I asked a question about experiences not your opion on my research practices or my childs behavhior. Did I say I was gonna dunk them ina hot tub, no, and I wouldnt because that is submersing them. Did I say I was going to bring them in the main pool? no. I was asking about the KIDS H2O zone, which I wouldnt submerse her in, I wouldnt bring her in with a dirty diaper and lets all be very honest -- 95% of the kids in that H@0 zone are pissing themselves as the run in play and half you adults are pissing in the hottubs while yo usit there for 4 hours consume 10 beers and not get out once. SO, my question stands if anyone can share their experiences with there kids to get the most out of this trip as it will be full of firsts for eveyone in our family. This is a fact finding mission not a open invitations for the Rule police and people who think they need to add their opinion to everything when it doesnt add value to the thread.

Parents with young children can you tell me about cruisng with you infants?

And thank I wanted to get my point accross and appriceiate anyone who is commenting on topic with usefull friendly advice

SO I understand that babies in diapers are only allowed in the small dedicated diaper splash zone, and for good reason. However I am curious if anyone has experience with bring a diapered child into the rest of the spash zone while carrying them. I am not trying to break the rules, I understand the dont want diapers submersed in the pool of water, but if I carried her in my arms under the fountains and walked around in it with her in my arms would the deck patrol say anything? Just trying to find a way to keep her entertained, she will be 11 months at time of sailing and is a very active little girl.

Been on allure with our 18 month old girl and going again very soon. Likely you would be told not to do that. It is certainly a violation of rules and if under fountains then you might as well be in the splash pool itself the way it is set up. Do people do what you are asking about? I'm sure and I saw diapered babies running out outside of the smaller area that is for potty trained kids only (i.e. No swim diapers allowed area) but this was almost all foreigners who clearly seemed to understand the rules but always played dumb. We simply stayed in the very small area for swim diapers. The attendants were very on top of things on our last cruise on oasis so be prepared for being told not to take her in the bigger kid area if you try. It seems they now have actual life guards so expect even better enforcement of rules. Oh and watch out for any older 3,4,5 ish running crazy and maybe even into the baby pool. That is the only real danger, the parents who don't watch their kids which I'm sure will only get worse now with lifeguards. Saw 4-5 year olds under no supervision whatsoever.

Been on allure with our 18 month old girl and going again very soon. Likely you would be told not to do that. It is certainly a violation of rules and if under fountains then you might as well be in the splash pool itself the way it is set up. Do people do what you are asking about? I'm sure and I saw diapered babies running out outside of the smaller area that is for potty trained kids only (i.e. No swim diapers allowed area) but this was almost all foreigners who clearly seemed to understand the rules but always played dumb. We simply stayed in the very small area for swim diapers. The attendants were very on top of things on our last cruise on oasis so be prepared for being told not to take her in the bigger kid area if you try. It seems they now have actual life guards so expect even better enforcement of rules. Oh and watch out for any older 3,4,5 ish running crazy and maybe even into the baby pool. That is the only real danger, the parents who don't watch their kids which I'm sure will only get worse now with lifeguards. Saw 4-5 year olds under no supervision whatsoever.

Thank you, this was exactly what I was looking for. Enjoy your trip!

Lynn, I am on Allure the week before you. Is there anything that you have a specific question about that I can check out for you? I will have Voom, so I can post back before you leave for your cruise if you want.

Thank you, this was exactly what I was looking for. Enjoy your trip!

We had our daughter on at 11 months too. It was a lot of work but such a joy to have her with us. Enjoy. Make sure to hit the boardwalk. Lots for her to see and enjoy. Our daughter was in love with the carousel. We had so much fun on that.

I don't know about splash park on the ship, but I do know DS always hated splash pads when he was that little.

There will definitely be lots of stuff for your baby to look at all over the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

your all right I dont know how my 5 month old will act then and thats a fair point I already considered but was not my question , point is I asked a question about experiences not your opion on my research practices or my childs behavhior. Did I say I was gonna dunk them ina hot tub, no, and I wouldnt because that is submersing them. Did I say I was going to bring them in the main pool? no. I was asking about the KIDS H2O zone, which I wouldnt submerse her in, I wouldnt bring her in with a dirty diaper and lets all be very honest -- 95% of the kids in that H@0 zone are pissing themselves as the run in play and half you adults are pissing in the hottubs while yo usit there for 4 hours consume 10 beers and not get out once. SO, my question stands if anyone can share their experiences with there kids to get the most out of this trip as it will be full of firsts for eveyone in our family. This is a fact finding mission not a open invitations for the Rule police and people who think they need to add their opinion to everything when it doesnt add value to the thread.

And thank I wanted to get my point accross and appriceiate anyone who is commenting on topic with usefull friendly advice

Don't piss off Momma. Hope you find your answers.

I didn't mean to start something with my earlier comment! I was just trying to let you know you're not alone in the pre-planning :) I have been obsessively reading threads but scared to post any questions myself, hah.

Lynn, I am on Allure the week before you. Is there anything that you have a specific question about that I can check out for you? I will have Voom, so I can post back before you leave for your cruise if you want.

Thanks for the offer, I can't think of anything. We're going to bring a small inflatable pool as suggested by this and other threads on the topic. I may not be brave enough to bring it out on public areas but we can use it on our balcony at least.