New policy on Luggage.

A friend of ours has a friend that just got off a Royal ship. They claim you have to now have to carry your Luggage off the ship. The people that are flying out are the only one's that can leave there Luggage out the door the night before. Has anyone heard of this new rule.

A friend of ours has a friend that just got off a Royal ship. They claim you have to now have to carry your Luggage off the ship. The people that are flying out are the only one's that can leave there Luggage out the door the night before. Has anyone heard of this new rule.

Very hard to believe. I suspect a misunderstanding.

It sounds like your friend may have misunderstood and this is for the walk-off procedure.

We disembarked Voyager 3 May and that wasn't the rule there. I would add they did seem to be pushing self disembarkation in the announcements. I felt sorry for those self disembarking from 8.15 as those who left it for a while then had difficulty getting a lift with all the others disembarking. When we have self disembarked with another cruiseline it was between 7 and 7.30 avoiding the later scheduled times.

Not a chance this is true. There is no way they would be able to clear the ship by 10am if every customer was carrying their luggage. Not to mention there are many cruisers physically unable to carry their luggage.

Definitely tell your friend that they are confusing the rules for walk-off with regular disembarkation. Ironically - many of the people who do walk-off are ones with early flights! It's totally optional!! They can talk to their stateroom attendant about it most easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time you may have to carry your luggage off the ship is if you have not left it out the night before in time for the crew members to pick it up.

Just ask them if they received tags for their luggage in their room the day before. If they did, there's your answer.

I say "Hogwash". Nothing has changed on Liberty as of last Sunday. We self assisted (only 2 bags) and it was a breeze this time.

We disembarked Voyager 3 May and that wasn't the rule there. I would add they did seem to be pushing self disembarkation in the announcements. I felt sorry for those self disembarking from 8.15 as those who left it for a while then had difficulty getting a lift with all the others disembarking. When we have self disembarked with another cruiseline it was between 7 and 7.30 avoiding the later scheduled times.

On the Navigator in Feb. we self-disembarked and we got off between 7:15 - 7:30 am and at the airport by 7:45 am. Custom as a breeze.

What really helps getting thru customs quicker is using disabled line which my cane and i did. Dont b too proud to do and also on planes first

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In regards to planes, I always adore the miracle of flying. People Need help upon Boarding time and value the pre-boarding assistance. After spending some time in a metal tube up in the air the miracle starts to work and upon landing they are capable of racing to the front of the line without any further help to get off the plane first.;):rolleyes:

We got off I dependence in Southampton on May1st and that certainly wasn't the case then.

In regards to planes, I always adore the miracle of flying. People Need help upon Boarding time and value the pre-boarding assistance. After spending some time in a metal tube up in the air the miracle starts to work and upon landing they are capable of racing to the front of the line without any further help to get off the plane first.;):rolleyes:

Strange isn't it ? Lol.

100% wrong.:cool:

Since the friend mentioned "people who are flying out" or whatever, maybe she is talking about the luggage valet service, where the luggage is taken the night before, and is then taken to the airport for you. Everyone else, even those who left luggage outside the night before, still has to collect their luggage when they leave the ship and take it with them. Maybe??? Perhaps???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This would be rather unenforceable even if it were true -- Royal has no way of definitively knowing who is flying and who is not, other than the small percentage who book air through the cruise line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums