Book now upgrade later

Would you ever book a penthouse haven a year out

and chance an upgrade later to a two bedroom haven

or just book the two bedroom now even though price is outrageous? Why?

No. It's not worth it. Just book a regular cabin.:)

Would you ever book a penthouse haven a year out and chance an upgrade later to a two bedroom haven or just book the two bedroom now even though price is outrageous? Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally? No, never. My wife and I always book a mini suite. If were are lucky enough to get an upgrade later to a suite or into the haven then great.

If the initial price were too high, I just wouldn't book it - I'd look at other options/lines.

As far as taking the chance on an upsell, no, as much as it gets talked about here I don't see the odds being in your favor, especially at peak times and good destinations but not sure when you planned on going.

We do book about 1-year out on most occasions and we book the cabin we want. We are in a Haven Courthouse and of course like everyone we figured we would take a gander at bidding for a higher cabin later but we truly loved our pick. When we booked even so far in advance our other choices were not available. Yikes does everyone book early?! Needless to say the Haven was totally booked even before final payments and it did not change. We checked to see if it was just a ploy but no the cabins are all booked. I know the prices are high so I guess it is up to you as to why you want a 2-bedroom if it is just for space for two of you then no but if you have four staying in the cabin I'd bite the bullet and watch the price and request a price adjustment if it lowers before final payment.

We book the cabin we want. About 1/3 the time in Suites/Havens and 2/3 in Balcony/Mini-Suite. The upgrade process is just a curiosity, not something that we would depend on to "get the room we want".

I'll have to agree with you.

We book the cabin we want.

"The upgrade process is just a curiosity."

Thanks all. I wasn't sure if the prices dropped or not. Never thought it might be sold out:oWe're going in June for a graduation present. Upgraded to the Haven 2 bedroom last year and now am hooked on the Haven. I think I'll bite the bullet for a Haven Aft Penthouse to get the extra bathroom. The two bedroom in my opinion is not worth the price if adults or teens are sleeping there. Second bedroom was a closet. At least with the Haven I can get away from the crowds. Thanks again

If you don't book the room you want you are taking a gamble for sure. Could prices come down? Sure; could they go up or sell out? Absolutely. On our last cruise we had 3 adults booked in 2 cabins. For giggles we watched the 2 bedrooms as final payment approached. First the non-haven ones sold out very quickly. And the prices never came down on the havens. So we took the cruise in the cabins we booked and were happy w that. I certainly wouldn't book a cabin you didn't want and plan on upgrading later.

We used to wait for a bargain which we did last year booking right before Christmas for 1/29 Breakaway and then 2 weeks before cruise we upgraded to a forward facing Haven and now we will never go back. We booked in March for next February to get an aft Haven because there are only 8 or 10 of those so I wanted to snag one and we did. We didn't want to take a chance. Book what you want and are comfortable paying. And most of all ENJOY!!!!!

I would never book below something I would not be absolutely thrilled to cruise in. So for me, that means a full suite. Now if the Garden Villa was an upsell possibility I might consider. Otherwise I book the suite I want.