Just for fun, what is the single worst thing you have seen a cruiser doing? :p

Oh my goodness! That sounds like a crazy trip!

Back in the 90's when age restrictions were not as stringent, I took my high school senior trip aboard a chartered cruise out of San Juan. It was a special cruise with over 800 teenagers and very few adults (my school in particular sent 3 adults to "watch over" our class of 90 students who probably partied harder than the teens).

Long story short, it was a bit out of control. First night, we had to turn around and head back to San Juan after being at sea for six hours because one of my classmates was having apendicitis symptoms. He was already having symptoms when we boarded, but he wanted to go on the trip so bad, that he just chose to keep it quiet (until the pain became unbearable). At around 5am, we were all lined up outside, watching our classmate being transferred to a Coast Guard cutter that took him ashore.

The next night, half the pool loungers "vanished" in the middle of the night. We learned that a group of students from another school had decided to throw them in the ocean for fun, so they were kicked off the ship at the next port of call in Aruba.

This was an older ship, so the electrical system wasn't designed to handle much. One night the power went out on our deck and it didn't take long to realize that if enough people turned their hair dryer on at the same time, it would trip the electrical system and make entire sections of the ship go dark. From that point on, it was on, with countdowns to turn the hair dryers on at the same time. That's until officers were sent down to our floor to warn the offending students to stop doing that unless we all wanted to end up in a ball of fire in the middle of the ocean caused by a short circuit.

I remember that, even though this was a high school graduation charter, somehow a handful of regular passengers (like 10) were onboard, including a honeymooning couple. And their cabin was on our deck so they had to put up with the antics of everyone around them for 7 days. Poor people. Talk about a "memorable" honeymoon.

A few days later in St. Thomas, some students decided to steal souvenirs (I'm talking $2 key chains). Well, they were caught and arrested. Because some were minors, the parents had to fly down to St. Thomas in order to bail their kids out.

Because it was a special charter, each student had to pay a $250 "damage deposit" refundable at the end of the cruise. Needless to say, NOBODY got their deposit back. A lot of bad things can happen when you put 800 unsupervised teenagers on a cruise ship and feed them alcohol for 7 days straight (yup, no age restrictions to purchase alcohol onboard either).

20+ years later, we still talk about that cruise, and alternate between laughing and feeling shame about all the things that happened which are too many to list on this post. But now, as "responsible" adults, we look back in shock at how a charter like that was ever allowed and how today it would NEVER happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A few years back , when we where about to leave from St Thomas! We stood and watched as a teenager was removed from the ship for threatening another passenger with a steak knife . The kicker was he was cruising with his parent's who stayed on the ship and continued their cruise . Rumor was the parents told him they hoped he could find his way back home after getting out of jail ! They left him in St.Thomas with nothing !

:eek:

To this day we wonder how he ever made out !

And we have seen runner's miss the ship which is another story in it's self ;p

Up on the fwd promenade deck on Carnival Glory, saw a guy sitting at the end of his deck chair chewing on his big toenail and spitting out the toenail clipping.

Wow that's a new one! How disgusting.

Walking down the hall a cabin door was open, glanced in as we passed by to see a "rather large" dude (kind way of stating it) soaking his disgusting foot in the cabin ice bucket.

Common, what is wrong with people, seriously? Reading what some people do here is making me want to wretch.

The lady with big ums that insisted on wearing see through shirts the entire cruise while her husband proudly showed her off.

Reminds me of the 60 something woman on Navigator several years ago. I don't think there was one part of her that was factory original. She paraded around in clothes more suited for a 20 year old, all the while her husband looked on proudly. She became known as the plastic lady to our group.

Reminds me of the 60 something woman on Navigator several years ago. I don't think there was one part of her that was factory original. She paraded around in clothes more suited for a 20 year old, all the while her husband looked on proudly. She became known as the plastic lady to our group.

Not the worst we have seen but your comment made me remember that we had a 'leather lady' on one of our cruises. Never saw her at any point without at least one item of clothing made of leather - this included her swimsuit which I assume had to be 'pleather' since she was in the water with it.

Thank you, a hundred times over..... I would do the same.... unfortunate we have to protect each other out here... the world is a bit strange and gross.

Yet another reason to avoid cruise lines that permit self-service in their buffet.

How about the passengers who walk around the ship in their bathrobes?? I guess it is better than the ones who come to the buffet in their bathing suits with their bottoms sticking out:o

I bet they're the same ones who wear PJ's to Walmart:o

The man who permanently carried his dog around on Freedom last week. I happened to be walking along Deck 4 doing my morning walk when the dog was being toileted. He picked it up in his arms and I followed him to the Windjammer, whereby he walked straight past the 5 Purell dispensers, picked up a plate and used the tongs to get food, at the same time stroking the dogs chest. Absolutely disgraceful. Heard a man speaking to the Diamond Concierge about the dog who had gone on the Galley Tour, apparently sniffed a batch of bread which had to be thrown away. In my opinion, dogs should not be allowed in the restaurants full stop.

Probably one of those "emo dogs" where cruisers who get their dogs "registered" as "emotional support animals" the latest ruse in managing to sneak by the regulations by getting their dogs to cruise with them.

I'm sorry but I must be a little slow - I was not aware of an up or down staircase. Would that be up being the one on right and down being the one on the left? Clarify please?

Escalator.

Probably one of those "emo dogs" where cruisers who get their dogs "registered" as "emotional support animals" the latest ruse in managing to sneak by the regulations by getting their dogs to cruise with them.

I was just asking my DH the other day if we can get the e-bay package and take our " support dogs" one is lab/pit mix and one is shepherd/pit. Lol i could just see it now the lab would be "supporting" me in the pool , the shepherd would chase anything that resembled a ball[emoji32]

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

During the All Access tour on the Indy...A young adult male digging in his nose & then eating what he pulled out...Over & over again. I believe the older gentleman he was with was his father.

On that note I have to stop reading ugggg and double yuck

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Once I saw a couple in the hall who I think were trying to discreetly have sex standing up. A little awkward passing by as I couldn't really see anything but looked very suspicious. Saw an older couple in the promenade halfway behind a curtain half naked. I couldn't figure out if they were drunk or having sex or getting changed. Very odd sight.

Mine is an observation that every person on here makes on EVERY cruise. It's the people that don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom! :mad:

EVERY SINGLE CRUISE!!!

This really bugs me... and as they are reaching for the exit door.. I always say something to the effect of "Well that's disgusting." Always loud enough for them to hear me, but no one has ever turned around and washed. :rolleyes:

How about the passengers who walk around the ship in their bathrobes?? I guess it is better than the ones who come to the buffet in their bathing suits with their bottoms sticking out:o

I am not sure this would bother me. If someone is in the hot tub or pool, and puts on the robe to go back to the cabin as a cover up... I am having hard time understanding why this is inappropriate.

To keep the story short and to the point i forgot to mention i saw it from about 20 foot away so i walked over and picked up the plate and gave it to one of the waiters standing there who said nothing to that person. There is no way i would have left it there and was surprised the waiters did nothing and did not want to shame them on here although i suppose that could be a gross thing because they did nothing.

So the waiter took the plate back to the kitchen and then brought out the "other" plate of cookies?

I saw a guy get off the elevator on Grandeur saying "SHROOMS!". ok, next, he was running around the pool area, arms outward, he's flying and making airplane engine noises. He circled all over, good thing he didn't try and fly overboard.