Just for fun, what is the single worst thing you have seen a cruiser doing? :p

On a RCCL ship last Oct. I open a stall door in the ladies restroom. Someone had let loose of their loose fecal matter on the seat.

It did not look like a diarrhea 'blowout'. It looked as if the 'lady' had precisely (as precise as loose bowels can be) crapped on the seat.

A 12" trail on one side of the seat, a few inches gap, then another 12" trail of crap.

Wads of TP in the toilet. No attempt to clean up this mess.

I obviously did not see this as it was happening.

This event is why I can get a little vocal when some try to say how much more upscale RCCL cruisers are than CCL.

I am not sure this would bother me. If someone is in the hot tub or pool, and puts on the robe to go back to the cabin as a cover up... I am having hard time understanding why this is inappropriate.

My husband and I have used the robes when using a hot tub at night. It can be a little chilly climbing out of there, even in the Caribbean.

I've seen many cruisers that I WISHED would wear the bathrobe around the ships.

On a RCCL ship last Oct. I open a stall door in the ladies restroom. Someone had let loose of their loose fecal matter on the seat.

It did not look like a diarrhea 'blowout'. It looked as if the 'lady' had precisely (as precise as loose bowels can be) crapped on the seat.

A 12" trail on one side of the seat, a few inches gap, then another 12" trail of crap.

Wads of TP in the toilet. No attempt to clean up this mess.

I obviously did not see this as it was happening.

This event is why I can get a little vocal when some try to say how much more upscale RCCL cruisers are than CCL.

Have to admit I was totally grossed out but laughing my arse off the whole time I read this.

On a Windjammer cruise (obviously years ago) an eighty+ old guy, very skinny, who wore very huge and stretched out speedos--well, you can imagine, but it's better if you don't. Everything was on display. He strutted around quite proudly while the rest of us cringed and tried not to look.

He also had pictures of a gorgeous and very young girl (he said 16) who supposedly was his 'fiance'. In some ways I felt very sad for him, but his actions did affect the cruise for all of us. As far as we could tell he was not senile, just clueless and attention seeking.

I am not sure this would bother me. If someone is in the hot tub or pool, and puts on the robe to go back to the cabin as a cover up... I am having hard time understanding why this is inappropriate.

Well, it is a BATH robe. Not a cover up for the pool/hot tub. Some people wear them around the ship to get their breakfast and after they have been in the pool and they want to hit the stores.

Well, it is a BATH robe. Not a cover up for the pool/hot tub. Some people wear them around the ship to get their breakfast and after they have been in the pool and they want to hit the stores.

Hi there

Sorry, I am missing something in your analysis. You don't consider the robe appropriate to put on after getting out of the pool or hot tub because you call it a "bath robe"? So if you haven't taken a bath it is not appropriate wear? I have to disagree, if you are coming out of water, whether a pool, a beach,a hot tub, or a shower, a robe is an appropriate garment to wear no matter what you call it.

just a different perspective

The mother with the toddler in diapers, who thought the little one should join her in the pool. Especially when the "mixing of elements" started to occur.

Take that back. The worst thing I saw were the staff members who saw her getting in and neither stopped her, nor made her get out -- at least not until many guests raised a "stink".

Another Windjammer -- Standing a few feet behind a Chinese tourist who didn't understand why the prime rib carving station was behind a large plate of glass. He proceeds to stick his arm under the glass and poke his index finger into the piece of meat he wants. The guy in back of him made sure we all heard how unhappy and disgusted he was.

Years ago on a luxury cruise line, I was sitting out on the pool deck and there was a lady stripping her little baby down to nothing and bringing her into the pool with her. Someone said something to a deck person and they asked her to get out, which she did. Now you probably don't think this is too bad, because she followed the deck person's instructions, but what you have to know is that it was the Captain's wife and after she got out, she yelled to everyone how important she and her daughter were and that rules didn't apply to them and she would have her husband tell them so. I never saw the baby in the pool again.

Hi there

Sorry, I am missing something in your analysis. You don't consider the robe appropriate to put on after getting out of the pool or hot tub because you call it a "bath robe"? So if you haven't taken a bath it is not appropriate wear? I have to disagree, if you are coming out of water, whether a pool, a beach,a hot tub, or a shower, a robe is an appropriate garment to wear no matter what you call it.

My sentiments too.

I am confused on this one. What's wrong with refilling your soft drink multiple times?

Generally, you're asked to use a new (fresh) cup for "refills".

There are people who put their cups directly up against the spigot when filling. Using an already used cup can spread germs. And, even if they don't, the splash back from filling can contaminate the spigot area.

Hi there

I didn't say I was the one with the issue. You asked what the issue is. Some people think it shouldn't be worn outside your cabin. I think if you are coming and going to the pool area it isn't that big of a deal. Others disagree. I think you shouldn't wear them to the beach either. I sure don't think you should be wearing it to eat in. This isn't your house, you are in public and should act accordingly. Just like I don't think you should wear your jammies to the grocery store just because you are too lazy to put some pants on.

Like I said, I'm fine wearing it from your cabin to the pool. Frankly, it is better than me seeing you in your glory in your bathing suit walking up and down the hallways.

There are people who put their cups directly up against the spigot when filling. Using an already used cup can spread germs. And, even if they don't, the splash back from filling can contaminate the spigot area.

Gotcha, I've never been on a ship where you could get the sodas from a fountain yourself. That's why I was confused. We've only taken soda on board with us. I more had the envision of any land based restaurant where you always go get your own refills.

I saw a couple doing the mattress mambo out on a open deck. I'm no prude, but jeez! Get a room!

Hmmmmm? Strange, (and I mean the couple) Hopefully, as you could have pointed out to these 'nature lovers' (no pun intended) ' You DO have a room for that !!' And besides, there MIGHT be small children who wouldn't understand. From that aspect, I'm certainly no child, and I'm no prude, but I mean, Holy Cow ! Folks ?

Mac

A dog on the cruise is a service dog. A person with a need for a service dog needs the service dog.

The issue there is not washing hands after the dog's "walk", and getting the dog so close to the food.

A small dog like that is generally a dog that does need to be close, to sense blood sugar changes or to alert to an oncoming seizure.

sounds more like an emotional support NOT service dogs. Those little purse sized dogs people drag around claiming they need to have them for emotional support. A trained service dog would NOT have sniffed a loaf of bread while on duty.

In either case the owner should opt out of the galley tour if he/she cannot do it without the dog.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am confused on this one. What's wrong with refilling your soft drink multiple times?

Most of the time nothing but some have the side of the cup they have drunk from against the nozzle of the soft drinks dispenser.

You have explained it perfectly and that was my observation for posting this act on this thread