Anyone have issues with no global entry when passport was renewed?

compozer

We just returned through Atlanta and I skipped right through but the kiosk would not acknowledge that my husband had global entry. When we finally got to an agent, dh showed him his global entry card. He had no idea what was up and said to call them when we got home.

They don't take calls or I just have not been able to get the right number. Tried to look up his account online but password would not work.

I finally sent a note through their message center and they said someone will contact him in 3 to 5 days. Problem with that type of a message is that it does not go through your email so you have no record of what you sent. I did snap pictures of my message. I like to have a copy of all corespondence.

Anyone experience this ? and what did you have to do to fix it?

Thanks

If the passport was renewed AFTER your initial Global Entry card was processed, you are required to update your personal information by logging onto the GE web site and enter the new passport number and dates. Could this have been the issue? Your hand print must match the passport that you scan at the kiosk.

While we were in the initial application process, DH decided to beat the rush and renew his passport. He got the new passport, then had the interview. For once, he listened to me ;) and brought both passports to show the agent. Even with that, he had a one day delay, beyond my email approval, until the system updated the passport numbers.

Darcy

He has to register his new passport via a visit to a GE office, before getting the benefit with new passport.

As far as I understand, no appointment needs for such appointments.

Not necessary to do anything in person, just log into your global entry account and give them the new passport number. Did just that and had no problem using my global entry last month

We both renewed our passports at the same time and everything was do e exactly the same on each. I did not contact any one.

I looked up the renewal application and I can not find anything about contacting global entry. I will search more on the GE site tonight.

We have a couple months until our next trip. Thought we had everything done correctly.

Thanks for the comments

It started to rain so I can't play outside and went back to the GOES website.

I had put dh's global entry number down but it asks for your user ID. My fault. His old passport number is listed. I thought I would take a look at mine. My old passport number is listed. It expired 12/06/2016. So how did I make it through with an expired passport???

Problem solved!!! Thanks for your help.

I will get those changed asap.

Everyone with Global Entry has a logon to their own Global Entry account. When you are issued a new Passport you need to logon and update your information with the new Passport info, Global Entry is all about tying your valid Passport Number to your Global Entry Number...and if you fail to update,,,,,you essentially do not have Global Entry Access.

Hank