28 Day Los Angeles Return Hawaii, Tahiti & Samoa

RJGallagher1955

I was looking on the Princess site the other day and saw a 28 day return from LA to Hawaii and the South Pacific on the Emerald Princess, Oct 8, 2017 and March 30, 2018.

Being new at this I am curious, is this a new cruise itinerary or has it been offered before? We can't make the two dates in 2017 or 2018, but would love to consider this cruise for 2019 and beyond. So, is this new? Or have I just never paid attention previously? And if it's new, do you think it will happen again in 2019?

I know they do cruises from Australia to Los Angeles, but it's the LA return that intrigues me, since it's our home area.

Thanks so much.

It's not new - they've offered it before. I've always salivated over this one, since DH has a bad back we'll never be able to fly that kind of distance. Maybe one of these years ...?

too bad there isn't a good sale to go along with this itinerary. just low price and a non refundable deposit....

Check with your agent. They may have $100 refundable deposits. They can run these periodically.

I did this itinerary back in 2011 with a friend. As I recall it was the first time Princess offered it. It has been my all-time favorite itinerary ever since.

But you gotta LOVE sea days, because it's 8 in a row between the last port in the South Pacific and LA. I sure didn't mind that, but quite a few people got pretty antsy by the time we got back to LA.

I'd really like to do it again because I enjoyed it so much.

We did this cruise in 2012. We loved it so much that we are doing it again this year with several friends.

The lagoons at the south pacific islands are spectacular sights. The major complaint people have with this itinerary is the 8 consecutive sea days at the end of the cruise. I have suggested that Princess should adjust the itinerary so that the ship spends only two days in Hawaii on the outbound part of the cruise and then visit the other two Hawaiian islands on the return part to break up all those consecutive sea days.

If there is enough demand for this itinerary Princess may offer it more than twice per year. They are now using larger ships for this cruise than they did in 2012. With the even larger Royal Princess coming to the west coast in 2019, she may be the ship used for the 28-day LA-Tahiti-LA starting that year.

We arebooked on the 3/18 cruise. We got a great deal. Free gratuities, $250 on board credit each and free upgrade which we did not take because we liked our cabin.

Pricing was good too. We booked directly with Princess so watch for sales.

No, not new at all. I did this cruise in 2014 and it was fantastic! I am booked again for the Oct 8th 2017 cruise. BEWARE that through 2018 the cruise will NOT call on APIA, Western Samoa, but Kona on the island of Hawaii instead. This is due to Apia port enhancements/safety upgrades I understand. IMO, it would be better to put this one off until Apia is back on the itinerary.

We are booked on that October 8 sailing. The roll call thread currently has 2,630 posts. ;p The cruise is 28 days with 18 of those being sea days. If you don't like sea days then this itinerary is not for you. We booked it under the Sip and Sail promo. When we booked the cruise was the same price that was listed last year but it included the AIBP. That's a perk "worth" over $3,200. With a cruise that long and with so many sea days the beverage package will come in handy. clear.png?emoji-whiskey-glass-2133