Carryon bottled water

bob10173

i have had success with placing a few bottles in my checked bag. i figure the worst that will happen is that they take them away and im out $5 worth of water. i carry on my nalgene to fill in my room with lemons from teh buffet.

i have had success with placing a few bottles in my checked bag. i figure the worst that will happen is that they take them away and im out $5 worth of water. i carry on my nalgene to fill in my room with lemons from teh buffet.

The checked bag gamble is ok because it's only you getting called to the naughty room........ it's the carry-on bag gamble that drives me bananas..... it's the disrespect to the dozens of people behind you that have to wait because you tried to smuggle a couple bottles of water and now you need to argue with the poor security person, who is just following the cruise lines direction, as you dig them out from the bottom of your bag telling him it's a stupid rule blah blah blah and all the while refusing to step aside to allow others to pass. (you is a general description and not meant specifically for BostonGal35) - mini rant over (brought back memories of my recent Dawn trip)

The checked bag gamble is ok because it's only you getting called to the naughty room........ it's the carry-on bag gamble that drives me bananas..... it's the disrespect to the dozens of people behind you that have to wait because you tried to smuggle a couple bottles of water and now you need to argue with the poor security person, who is just following the cruise lines direction, as you dig them out from the bottom of your bag telling him it's a stupid rule blah blah blah and all the while refusing to step aside to allow others to pass. (you is a general description and not meant specifically for BostonGal35) - mini rant over (brought back memories of my recent Dawn trip)
I agree, on my last cruise, there were probably 4 folks ahead of where I was in the line and each one took up time; not only finding their water, but complaining and complaining on why they can't bring it onboard and saying that they got approval to bring it onboard ...well, none of their nonsense worked and they had to throw the water out.

We were just on the Star out of Venice, and the couple in front of us at check-in had a 6 pack of liter bottles that they just carried on. No questions asked.

So I guess it depends on the port.

Maybe at check in they did, but at the ship entrance/security they would have to give them up?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were just on the Star out of Venice, and the couple in front of us at check-in had a 6 pack of liter bottles that they just carried on. No questions asked.

So I guess it depends on the port.

Did they get all the way onboard?

Maybe at check in they did, but at the ship entrance/security they would have to give them up?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same things happening on the Epic out of Barcelona (May 2017) - everyone picks a six pack up at the shop before the stairs up to boarding and walks on no questions asked - same at practically every other port

I agree, on my last cruise, there were probably 4 folks ahead of where I was in the line and each one took up time; not only finding their water, but complaining and complaining on why they can't bring it onboard and saying that they got approval to bring it onboard ...well, none of their nonsense worked and they had to throw the water out.

Just throwing this out there, are you sure they did it intentionally - carry the water, not argue since that's obviously intentional. :D

I only ask because I always carry a water bottle with me and have forgotten to take it out,(or not really thought about it) when going through security, until they've pointed it out to me. It annoys me that they have to take it, but I completely understand that it's their ship and they make the rules, so I will empty the bottle without arguing

Just throwing this out there, are you sure they did it intentionally - carry the water, not argue since that's obviously intentional. :D

I only ask because I always carry a water bottle with me and have forgotten to take it out,(or not really thought about it) when going through security, until they've pointed it out to me. It annoys me that they have to take it, but I completely understand that it's their ship and they make the rules, so I will empty the bottle without arguing

It wasn't just a bottle. They had a lot in their carry on luggage. One person had a case in a carry on suitcase, another had five or six bottles in a backpack.

In the area next to the person at the end of the scanner, there were cases, gallon jugs, six packs, single bottles, etc. of water.

It wasn't just a bottle. They had a lot in their carry on luggage. One person had a case in a carry on suitcase, another had five or six bottles in a backpack.

In the area next to the person at the end of the scanner, there were cases, gallon jugs, six packs, single bottles, etc. of water.

Wow - really, that's amazing. I guess I would never think of bringing water like that with me.