St Martin French side????

squeeky336

Can any one tel me the best way t see the French Side of St Martin? I am not wanting to go to jewelry stores or the nude beach. I am a nurse already know what naked l look like.... But I would love to find some really good French food and culture. Maybe some stores that sell anything but jewelry and watches..

Sounds like a good idea.. But is it small enough to do that on foot? and find a nice place for French food?

Marigot is a charming little town so yes you can walk the main area to find food

do some research before you go maybe look for a map online you can print off

You cannot walk from the port to Marigot if that is what you are asking

Actually, Grand Case will offer many more local French food opportunities - but it is a bit further away.

Yes it is - the opposite side of the island from the cruise terminal. But easily enough reached by rental car if you are adventurous enough to do so. The island is small enough to allow that as well as Merigot on a single cruise day along with a stop at Orient beach along the way, having done it twice before ourselves.

Can any one tel me the best way t see the French Side of St Martin? I am not wanting to go to jewelry stores or the nude beach. I am a nurse already know what naked l look like.... But I would love to find some really good French food and culture. Maybe some stores that sell anything but jewelry and watches..

We r ode, taxis, had a fabulous lunch, o v er looking the harbor/ marina..... b. e sure to leave lots of time to return as the road between both sides sometimes backs up with traffic.

We r ode, taxis, had a fabulous lunch, o v er looking the harbor/ marina..... b. e sure to leave lots of time to return as the road between both sides sometimes backs up with traffic.

......especially if you hit the only two red lights on the island from the way back to Marigot entering into Philipsburg! :D

I agree about going to Marigot. French cafes and plenty of stores. I even remember a market set up with locals selling their wares near the waterfront there.

Grand Case is another place to stop for cafes. Actually, driving Marigot, I think you pass through Grand Case before coming to Marigot. As I said, I THINK it is before Marigot. It's been awhile since we've driven all over that island. We rented a car when we spent a week there in 1995 and drove everywhere! I've been back several times, and always just take a taxi to Orient Beach, because although I am an RN (retired now), I still love a good nude beach! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Check to see if you cruise ship offers an excursion that does a sightseeing boat to Marigot with time to spend there to eat, shop, etc. and then returns you to your ship.

Easy and Enjoyable thing to do. :D

I agree about going to Marigot. French cafes and plenty of stores. I even remember a market set up with locals selling their wares near the waterfront there.

Grand Case is another place to stop for cafes. Actually, driving Marigot, I think you pass through Grand Case before coming to Marigot. As I said, I THINK it is before Marigot. It's been awhile since we've driven all over that island. We rented a car when we spent a week there in 1995 and drove everywhere! I've been back several times, and always just take a taxi to Orient Beach, because although I am an RN (retired now), I still love a good nude beach! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Driving around the island in a counterclockwise direction from the pier in Philipsburg would take you first to Orient Beach, then across to Grand Case, then down the coast to Marigot, then past the airport back around to Philipsburg.

Highly recommend Sarafina in Marigot for bread, pastries, lunch or whatever. It's always my first stop when in St. Martin.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147348-d1754928-Reviews-Sarafina-Marigot_Saint_Martin_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html

The Euro is the official currency on the French Side and many places will not take American dollars so you'll need to use a credit card for purchases.