Small children on a tour

On a tour how does it work on a coach with small children under 2? would they sit on your lap? Is that safe? Someone mentioned bringing a car seat, but would that be practical/possible? I didn't think there was a charge for small children so I'm guessing they couldn't have their own seat?

If you are referring to ship sponsored excursions, typically children of that age would sit on their parents lap and would also not be charged for the tour as a result. I'm not familiar with car seats being provided but if you bring one then you would be charged for that child as they would then be occupying a seat. There are also certain excursions that have age restrictions imposed by the operator - typically based on insurance guidelines. You would need to check each excursion in its description to confirm any restrictions prior to booking.

Tour buses do not have seat belts usually so no way to attach a car seat. Also, and not anti-toddler, consider that the child might get cranky and fuss on a longer excursion making it really annoying to other passengers especially if they are trying to listen to a tour guide. Much better to check into private excursions where they can customize length of tour and what they want to see.

I was on a ship tour in San Juan where a parent brought a car seat on the bus for an infant. The parent could not use it on the bus and had to storage in by the driver and it was in the way for the others getting on/off. The parent held the infant on their lap.

Just like in an Airplane if you put a child in a car seat and install that seat then there is now One Less Seat for a Paying Passenger. Car seats don't generally fit in tour bus seats anyway due to seat measurements and lack of auto style seat belts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On a tour how does it work on a coach with small children under 2? would they sit on your lap? Is that safe? Someone mentioned bringing a car seat, but would that be practical/possible? I didn't think there was a charge for small children so I'm guessing they couldn't have their own seat?

It is supposedly child on lap....However; we always had a seat on every trip we went on