Becoming Platinum

nycruise1

It really is nice. We were leaving out of Baltimore, and arrived about noon, and noticed a car in front of us made a u turn and parked at the side just before the entrance gate. When we moved up the attendant said they were only letting in priority. I told her we were and after having to show her our boarding pass she let us right in. In the terminal we went on the priority line and right when we got our cards heard the announcement for priority boarding so we walked through the priority waiting lounge and boarded and never had to actually sit down in the terminal!

Other great things:

Not having to wait on the long line to get a tender ticket and being on the first tender to HMC

Plat/Diamond Party (having been to a bunch as golds nice to go back again)

Laundry bags! Each time came back same day

Tervis tumbler and nightlight (got both at once?!)

Chocolate covered strawberries

Nice lounge to wait in for debarkation and in the parking lot less than an hour after we arrived

Would we have had a great time anyway, yes, but it was nice to enjoy these perks from Carnival for our loyalty.

I am joining the club!!! I should say "we" are joining. I love going to manage my cruise & seeing that priority boarding. Laundry & Plat/diamond party will also be good. So let's welcome ourselves to the club. Congrats

We turn Plat on this cruise.. :)

Congrats! We have a bit to go. Just booked a short 5 day this evening for Sept. We will be gold on our 7 day on the Vista next Nov. A bit to go isn't accurate. A long way to go is more correct! :confused:

I've heard of the tumblers before, but not the nightlight. What kind of quality is it? We have a looong way to go until platinum.

We have been platinum for our last 3 cruises and received the drink glasses, the sports type bag and the night light which is quite nice.overall all 3 are nice.

We have been platinum for our last 3 cruises and received the drink glasses, the sports type bag and the night light which is quite nice.overall all 3 are nice.

That's great to hear. I think we would certainly look forward to the provided laundry service, especially when we starting taking longer cruises.

To some the perks are hardly worth mentioning but I have great appreciation for them. I cruise on a shoe string budget so those extras really put a smile on my face and my stateroom buddies (assorted kids) who know NOT to touch Moms plate of chocolate covered strawberries and cookies until I get the first pick! Laundry most definitely comes in handy for underthings, and t shirts. Helpful tip ROLL THE CLOTHES , you will fit alot more in the bag.

To some the perks are hardly worth mentioning but I have great appreciation for them. I cruise on a shoe string budget so those extras really put a smile on my face and my stateroom buddies (assorted kids) who know NOT to touch Moms plate of chocolate covered strawberries and cookies until I get the first pick! Laundry most definitely comes in handy for underthings, and t shirts. Helpful tip ROLL THE CLOTHES , you will fit alot more in the bag.

Good advice on the rolling clothes tip. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

In 2 cruises I'll be Diamond.

And then you can attend the Captain's party for Diamonds. Some have been just drinks and hors d 'ouvres or canapes. others have been sit down brunches with the Captain and officers sharing your table. Strictly the Captain's choice which party he picks.

On the Vista Thanksgiving repo cruise NY to MIA, we had about 125 Diamonds - and I heard that on the Vista TA there were several hundred Diamonds. On most of the other (normal) 7 day cruises there were 10 to 20.

You can do a B2B or a long Journeys cruise to get to the D level.

And congrats to the OP, enjoy all your Plat perks cause you've earned them!

Edited by evandbob

And then you can attend the Captain's party for Diamonds. Some have been just drinks and hors d 'ouvres or canapes. others have been sit down brunches with the Captain and officers sharing your table. Strictly the Captain's choice which party he picks.

On the Vista Thanksgiving repo cruise NY to MIA, we had about 125 Diamonds - and I heard that on the Vista TA there were several hundred Diamonds. On most of the other (normal) 7 day cruises there were 10 to 20.

You can do a B2B or a long Journeys cruise to get to the D level.

And congrats to the OP, enjoy all your Plat perks cause you've earned them!

Pretty sure on the Vista TA there were over 300 Diamond. There were 1600 Platinum.

It was actually usually faster to use the regular guest service line then the priority line.

Congratulations OP on your Platinum status! Now set your sites higher to Diamond, just 150 days to go...

Someone once mentioned they bring along a plastic bag (apparently that's big enough to fit inside the paper laundry bags) and fill that with dirty clothes, then place it in the flimsy paper Carnival laundry bag. They get more clothes that way.

Hubby and I are both platinum so we've never actually used up the allotted bags of laundry. I can see how a family with kids could power through it in a hurry!

Ah, I see. I had no idea that the bags were paper. Using the plastic bag inside makes a bunch of sense then.