How many of you are taking advantage of $1.00 deposits today?

CineGraphic

I noticed that too and asked my TA about it. She ca!led Princess and the CSR and the supervisor both said it is a glitch in their system and they can't do anything about it, but if we do cancel the fee would be just $1. She is working on getting written confirmation from them. We're going to Hawaii for my 65th birthday in March!!!

Eastern Caribbean Voyager (10 days) - Caribbean Princess - May 2018

I booked this morning for May 2018 under the Red, White and Blue sale for a $1.00 deposit. Unfortunately, I realized too late that there is a $100 cancellation fee (per person) after booking if you book and put down a $1.00 deposit under the Red, White and Blue sale...so although it's only $1.00 deposit, it is $100/pp if you cancel after booking....I totally missed this one...It is a bit tricky on the part of Princess, but the booking is on me....it got by me in my enthusiasm to book earlier than I usually would for only $1.00...

Advantage Princess....

Edited by gatorguy56

Star Princess....December 2019 Mexican Riviera...

They stole my business from Carnival on this one. I couldn't pass up the all but free deposit to get the rooms we wanted; it's more expensive but also an experience more in tune with our travel style. And while I am giving up Platinum perks on Carnival on this one, it gets DH one cruise closer to Platinum on Princess...

Sept 2018 Pacific Northwest cruise, on the Grand from San Fran. Only time I've ever seen this itinerary. Hubby has never been to Canada and I've never been to Astoria Oregon or Seattle Washington. Looks like an interesting trip!

We booked this cruise also I have been writing in to Princess on their comments after a cruise that it would be nice to have this itinerary since we've never been to any of the places other than Victoria , so we are really looking forward to this cruise.

Becca

Why are people calling this a sale? It's not a sale. The prices are no different now, than they were weeks ago. You put a $1.00 deposit down, and where does that get you? $1.00 closer to paying the cruise off? And what if you have to cancel for some strange reason? Are you ready to pay that $100 per person cancellation fee? If all I could afford was a buck to put down on my cruise, that's telling me that I'm not ready to book yet.

Why are people calling this a sale? It's not a sale. The prices are no different now, than they were weeks ago. You put a $1.00 deposit down, and where does that get you? $1.00 closer to paying the cruise off? And what if you have to cancel for some strange reason? Are you ready to pay that $100 per person cancellation fee? If all I could afford was a buck to put down on my cruise, that's telling me that I'm not ready to book yet.

I booked a $1 deposit in 2019. I am not sure if I will be able to go but my only commitment is $1 to hold the cabin that I like. Why pay a normal deposit when I can pay $1 on a cruise I am not fully committed to?

There is not a $100 cancellation fee on this and I believe those who reported one, that was an IT error and has been corrected.

Ok so it's not a "sale", but it is a booking incentive. especially for someone like me who is particular about the cabin we get, doesn't have any FCC right now, and won't have 2019 vacation availability confirmed until much later this year, so i was able to book 2 cruises until I have that date firmed up. I wouldn't have been able to do that with normal deposit requirements....And unless you are booking under a promo there are many comments here confirming that there is no cancellation penalty. I was able to book a mini that I have wanted for quite sometime at a price that was fair, with a potential to rebook cheaper if the right promo comes along. So I felt it was a real win for my situation. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not that it's any of your business why any of these people are booking cruises under the 1$ Deposit Promotion, because it certainly is none of your business, but I will tell you this: over the past three years I've had some major health issues, two job changes (State-run to VA and then a promotion) and another one on the way (two-step job advancement) and the light at the tunnel is there (in a good way). In a year I'll be in a MUCH better place financially.

This 1$ promotion allows me to book the "cruise of my dreams" for $2 instead of $500, and a quick getaway for 1$ instead of $100. I can afford that now. I can also afford to pay off my cruise in "installments" between now and 2018 and 2019.

Let us have this without you stomping all over it.

:cool:

Edited by dmwnc1959

June 2018 Norwegian Fjords! So excited - this is my 50th birthday gift to myself and my newlywed kiddos are coming along too - I'm giddy about this one! Was looking at Alaska, but the hubs has limited vacation - so Norway it is.

Oh - and I'm NOT planning to cancel. This will happen - but the $1 deposit, for those who need to know - allows me to book 3 cabins today, place us all in the location we want to be, and gets me started on the road to planning - very excited for this and wouldn't dream of cancelling ... already budgeting for shore excursions, too as I have a tendency to pick the priciest ones.

It's not a sale and it has nothing to do with affordability, but it is a next to nothing deposit to book something far out, most likely secure a cabin you want and they aren't holding a good chunk of your money like a normal deposit. If you have to cancel, you're only out $1 per person per cruise.

I booked two: RT LA to HI and Mexico on the Royal both 2019.

You should take advantage of it before it's gone.

Edited by tonit964
added cruises booked

If you've taken advantage of the $1.00 deposit today, let's hear what you booked,

Inquiring minds want to know!

We booked Royal Princess eight night southern Caribbean Nov.9, 2018. With 4 other cruises currently under deposit, it was nice to book without tying up additional funds. Well aware it is not "a sale".

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

I just booked an 8 day Southern Caribbean cruise Curacao, Aruba, Bonaire for May 2018. I wanted to book it sooner but since it is part of the Red White and Blue sale I didn't want to risk loosing the $200 deposit. I was actually going to wait for the sale to end even if it cost me more. I can risk loosing $2 if it turns out that we can't get vacation approved for that week. I'm Happy that Princess is putting a ship in the Caribbean next Summer. I have been looking at Celebrity, NCL,and Royal Caribbean for this time period next year. I wish Princess would depart from the New York/New Jersey area like they do.

Not that it's any of your business why any of these people are booking cruises under the 1$ Deposit Promotion, because it certainly is none of your business, but I will tell you this: over the past three years I've had some major health issues, two job changes (State-run to VA and then a promotion) and another one on the way (two-step job advancement) and the light at the tunnel is there (in a good way). In a year I'll be in a MUCH better place financially.

This 1$ promotion allows me to book the "cruise of my dreams" for $2 instead of $500, and a quick getaway for 1$ instead of $100. I can afford that now. I can also afford to pay off my cruise in "installments" between now and 2018 and 2019.

Dave!!! Very happy that you are going to cruise on the Royal again!!! I was excited to see your post.

Cheers, Denise

Well said! As for us, we just got home from our first cruise ever and took advantage of this great deal to book our honeymoon... Coastal California for November '18.