Pot of coffee from the International Cafe?

LSUGranny

Room service is not set up to provide special orders for everyone.

If dozens of people did this, the wait time for room service would be super long,

and service would suffer even more.

I don't see the difference. Selfish behaviour benefits the few at the expense of the many.

If ordering to many pots of coffee slows down room service just think what it would do to the line of people waiting at the IC. ;p

when I go to the buffet I put a little hot water in my coffee cup, then the coffee, work perfectly. At home I perk coffee in the old l950 glass coffee pot ...use Yuban french roast coffee. I find the coffee on board about the same, in the MDR, Room Service , IC and buffet.

If dozens of people did this, the wait time for room service would be super long,

I don't see the difference. Selfish behaviour benefits the few at the expense of the many.

If I am taking this out of context, I apologize. Room service "IS" set up for ordering pots of coffee. Not sure what "special orders for everyone" is referring to.

When I've done room service for lunch, I am like "Sally" and modify my orders to my likes. I have never asked for anything that was not on the room service menu so can't speak to that.

I Not sure what "special orders for everyone" is referring to.

I am referring to the people who brag about what special items they have written in on the breakfast hang tag.

Exactly the same as bringing a carafe to the international cafe, and expecting it to be filled.

The folks doing the work are afraid of negative feedback, so they simply do what the customer asks.

If lots of people do either, it slows down service for everyone.

The fresh brewed is really very good. I think that is what we always had with dinner in the MDR and what comes if you order a pot room service but I guess I'm not 100% sure if room service is the fresh brewed. At any rate, I drink the room service pot black and thought it was pretty good.

The fresh brewed is really very good. I think that is what we always had with dinner in the MDR and what comes if you order a pot room service but I guess I'm not 100% sure if room service is the fresh brewed. At any rate, I drink the room service pot black and thought it was pretty good.

I'm reading recent posts such as yours from more passengers who are happy with the coffee made from concentrate served in dining venues & from room service.

Maybe Princess finally decided to improve the quality of the coffee concentrate? :confused:

With only the Royal-class ships having filtered ground coffee machines, my experience has been that other ships use concentrated coffee elsewhere except for the IC's brewed coffee. But whether brewed, filtered or from concentrate it's good reading recent posts from more happy Princess coffee drinkers. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'm reading recent posts such as yours from more passengers who are happy with the coffee made from concentrate served in dining venues & from room service.

Maybe Princess finally decided to improve the quality of the coffee concentrate? :confused:

With only the Royal-class ships having filtered ground coffee machines, my experience has been that other ships use concentrated coffee elsewhere except for the IC's brewed coffee. But whether brewed, filtered or from concentrate it's good reading recent posts from more happy Princess coffee drinkers. ;)

I'm convinced that if the liquid coffee dispensers are set correctly the coffee isn't to bad.

Most times aren't. :(

I'm convinced that if the liquid coffee dispensers are set correctly the coffee isn't to bad.

Most times aren't. :(

That's probably another big factor for the varying coffee quality in addition to how well they're maintained & both are easily corrected.

....my experience has been that other ships use concentrated coffee elsewhere except for the IC's brewed coffee....

We were on the CB in January and I had coffee in the MDR, room service pot and Sabatinis. I did not have fresh brewed from the IC or the known concentrate from the HC.

Sabatinis was very good, smelled like fresh brewed and was bolder than anything else I consumed, maybe just wishful thinking. From your post I'm guessing other than Sabatinis I was drinking the concentrate and it just tasted better than in the past.

Wish I had tried both the IC and HC coffee just for comparison. Years ago the concentrate was just plain not drinkable, had a different, almost chemical after taste to me anyway.

We were on the CB in January and I had coffee in the MDR, room service pot and Sabatinis. I did not have fresh brewed from the IC or the known concentrate from the HC.

Sabatinis was very good, smelled like fresh brewed and was bolder than anything else I consumed, maybe just wishful thinking. From your post I'm guessing other than Sabatinis I was drinking the concentrate and it just tasted better than in the past.

Wish I had tried both the IC and HC coffee just for comparison. Years ago the concentrate was just plain not drinkable, had a different, almost chemical after taste to me anyway.

The concentrate, to me at least, seems to have improved in taste over the past several years.....:):):)

Bob

The concentrate, to me at least, seems to have improved in taste over the past several years.....:):):)

Bob

Maybe they're either maintaining the coffee machines better or purchasing a higher quality of coffee concentrate. Maybe they've done both things because I've recently read posts from passengers who feel like you that the free coffee has improved. :)

I actually thought it was all fresh brewed, so I'm shocked and a little disappointed in discovering that it is not. I knew the decaf in the dining room at dinner tasted bad, but for some reason I never thought to question why. I only drink 2 cups in the mornings of black coffee, and I like Americanas, so I will budget extra for freshly made coffee. I discovered years ago that I should cup-brew any tea and pour it over ice to avoid the powder-made iced tea that tastes horrible to me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are buying coffee cards so that won't be a problem. I may just order a pot of coffee after we board and keep the pot and mugs. Then I could go to the IC with the pot early the next morning and see if I can talk the staff into a pot of coffee. If not, I'll just get two cups to go. I may try to pack our thermal cups too, depending on space.

We always get a coffee card and I bring my favourite coffee mugs (thermos) Can have all the fresh coffee I want. So fast first thing in the morning.

Bob

Agreed--it tastes a lot less bitter than it used to, and more like real coffee instead of coffee-flavored goop.

I looked for a coffee card on the site for our cruise on the Radiance of the Seas in 30 (30!!!!) days. I couldn't find it. I guess I'll buy the good stuff or drink syrup water.

I looked for a coffee card on the site for our cruise on the Radiance of the Seas in 30 (30!!!!) days. I couldn't find it. I guess I'll buy the good stuff or drink syrup water.

? I don't understand your post.

Not a Princess ship.

Royal Caribbean does not have a coffee card like Princess does.

Not a Princess ship.

Royal Caribbean does not have a coffee card like Princess does.

So far I've sailed with Princess twice and Royal Caribbean twice and I would have said that you were correct, except for the fact that I have purchased coffee cards for my 10 day RC (European) cruise in October. Guessing this must be new as it has never been offered to me before. The UK cost is £28 for '15 speciality espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation'.

Its very different to order something that is regularly provided (pots of coffee from room service) versus something that is not (pots of coffee from IC where coffee is served by the cup).

It would be like going into the buffet and asking for a carafe of ice water for your table. While I'm sure they have water jugs on the ship, and the buffet has ice and water available - the 2 pieces don't really go together.