Celebrity Edge Stateroom Advice

chowna

I posted this on the main board, but thought it might help people picture potential lifeboat obstructions on the Edge.

For those who were asking about partial obstruction from lifeboats on the Edge, I found this S Class cabin virtual balcony tour of partially obstructed cabins on deck 6. I'm not saying that this will be representative of the Edge deck staterooms with lifeboats beside/below them, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like to have a lifeboat near your balcony. It was interesting for me because we have never stayed in a cabin with lifeboats nearby.

http://thecelebritycommitment.com/360_Solstice_Class.html

We would have preferred bed by the bath as we always do......but will enjoy what we have.

Without actually seeing the area, hard to know how it will work...We'd probably want the bifold doors open to make the room larger. Not sure if you can have them open and also open the window???? Not sure if same whooshing noise would occur as it does when folks leave standard balc doors open in neighboring staterooms, Lots to discover!

I do very much like the more soothing warmer tones shown in the posting here....better than the grey colder tones shown for EDGE...This could be nice for those of us planning to go back to reg S class after EDGE...I will have to save the schedule for S class EDGE-ING

Imo, X designed the Infinite verandah bi-fold doors to be open while the window was open if passengers so desired.

The video below came from X during the Edge reveal and clearly shows guests in this scenario.

Wow,,, guess the smart A/C system can auto adjust for incoming air temps.. They also need airtight cabin doors to avoid the whoosh into the hallway.

Looks like they have thought of everything. Very impressive.

Wow,,, guess the smart A/C system can auto adjust for incoming air temps.. They also need airtight cabin doors to avoid the whoosh into the hallway.

Looks like they have thought of everything. Very impressive.

Of course this is all CGI. 😊

I have high hopes that everything will operate as designed, but we won’t know for sure until the first sailing.

I posted this on the main board, but thought it might help people picture potential lifeboat obstructions on the Edge.

For those who were asking about partial obstruction from lifeboats on the Edge, I found this S Class cabin virtual balcony tour of partially obstructed cabins on deck 6. I'm not saying that this will be representative of the Edge deck staterooms with lifeboats beside/below them, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like to have a lifeboat near your balcony. It was interesting for me because we have never stayed in a cabin with lifeboats nearby.

Thanks for this.... we have had this obstructed view before. Really was not an issue... D2 6207 on Silhouette. Your link is very useful! Now these cabins were identified as obstructed... but so far I have not come across anything concerning obstruction for similar cabins on Edge. Now as noted earlier, I actually moved my cabin one space... hopefully there is no or very minimal obstruction. But one thing I do wonder about... is that the link you have shows the view given a one decker lifeboat. From what I have read, Edge will have two decker lifeboats... so there could be a more significant obstruction for deck 6 cabins... I am not clear on how double decker lifeboats might impact obstruction. My Silhouette trip was very inexpensive... last minute type deal... so while I am not supper picky... I am even less picky when saving money...:)

I just wanted to add this picture to this thread so that people booking cabins on 6 will get an idea of potential obstructions. The link above is S Class deck 6 to give an idea what it might be like to be near the lifeboats.

f7306d40184f313b98cb60915c91001f.jpg

There are some youtube videos that show mockups of various areas of the ship. Looks like a Celebrity sponsored event.. Gives you an idea of furniture and decor. There is someone from a TA called something like affluent traveler or cruiser. I have posted something from him before... but don't know him or his agency... so if you search youtube you will find his post and there are some other 3d demos that are different than the ones provided by Celebrity. The ship is really starting to take shape.

My guess is that they will be similar to S class.... you can see straight out with no issues... but you will see the boat through the bottom portion of the window. To be honest... just got off Equinox on deck 8... wanted to see if tender was on our side of the ship or the other side.... I could only see a very tiny part of the tender about 3 square feet or so that stuck out past the lifeboat... so view 'straight down to the water' don't really exist even higher up... I think the only problem will be when photographing your cabin. Not worried about noise from davit... since if the seas are that rough... I will likely have other issues... if you know what I mean... last time we had an obstructed cabin... no issues with noise.... Frankly noise is more likely on the starboard side due to the MC going up and down.... wind rattling stuff on the MC and partying on the MC.

• 3 weeks later...

We spent minimal time in our cabin and even less on our Aqua cabin’s balcony last port-heavy Med cruise so we booked an Oceanview cabin for our upcoming Edge Med cruise. TA booked us on deck 3, mid-ship (category 7). After reading some cc posts, I’m concerned about noise and a totally obstructed view. Any thoughts?

I don't see how you would have an obstructed view unless you are booked on the starboard inside the path of the Magic Carpet and your cruise is tender intensive. Otherwise MC would be parked on deck 5 or above most of the time. But deck three puts you either in close proximity to the Martini Bar (party central at night), or if your cabin is a little more forward on the port side, you are directly below the 2 story Club (potential party central #2). Unless you are night people, I would really consider moving.

We spent minimal time in our cabin and even less on our Aqua cabin’s balcony last port-heavy Med cruise so we booked an Oceanview cabin for our upcoming Edge Med cruise. TA booked us on deck 3, mid-ship (category 7). After reading some cc posts, I’m concerned about noise and a totally obstructed view. Any thoughts?

As twodjs said, you shouldn't have view obstructions - the views look good (except tender days, if right in the MC area.

Here is the revised deck plan of decks 3 and 4 so that you can see what is above your cabin and near your cabin (if you blow them up a bit). The pictures below show the deck 3 OV mid-ship windows in relation to other venues. Hopefully you can get a better idea if there might be issues with your location.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Thank you, VTCruising & Twodjs. Based on your good info, I just switched to a higher deck with only cabins surrounding us. Very helpful...thanks again!

I'm glad you were able to move. It's hard to know what the impact of the Martini Bar on those surrounding Deck 3 mid-ship cabins will be, but probably best to be proactive and change now. Though they probably have done everything they can to minimize the noise, I personally would hate to take a chance. We are paying a lot for these cruises and most of us are looking forward to a peaceful vacation. :D

Looking at the night time shots, it occurred to me that the IV cabins have quite a bit more class than the regular type balcony. Without curtains and the framing of the sliding glass doors... the cabins look like they have more total glass surface... that should being in more light to the cabin.