72 hour sale on now! - many discounts - check your cruise planner!!

tartana

On the Celebrity website, for onboard purchases - Some of these deals were showing up yesterday, but today the items showing discounts have banners on them when you check your cruise planner. 20% off alcohol packages (some transatlantic ones are coming in at 50% off!! I've been told); some dining packages are 20% off, internet, excursions. Each cruise may be different, so check yours out if you've been looking to buy onboard purchases :)

Edited by tartana

Thanks tartana!!

I looked at our sailing and only one of our excursions is on sale....went form $79pp to $76pp!! (the key word is 'up to' 20% off!) Not sure it is worth the effort to call and change our reservation for $6.

Also the spa is having a "buy 2 get the 3rd for 50% off" sale. BUT, you can only book 60 days in advance, so we are out of luck on that one.

Thanks tartana!!

I looked at our sailing and only one of our excursions is on sale....went form $79pp to $76pp!! (the key word is 'up to' 20% off!) Not sure it is worth the effort to call and change our reservation for $6.

Also the spa is having a "buy 2 get the 3rd for 50% off" sale. BUT, you can only book 60 days in advance, so we are out of luck on that one.

lol - Yes, that's probably not worth the hassle to change - The excursion I want isn't on sale but some are - and I'm pleased with the drink package discount on mine :) I wonder if you call if they'll honour the spa price?

Now here's a question.....if your cruise came with the classic beverage package as a perk and you wanted to upgrade to premium, would they use the price of the 'old' classic to calculate the upgrade or the price of the 'sale' price? It might be worth a call to see as it would certainly make for a cheap upgrade if they used the 'old' price!!!

Now here's a question.....if your cruise came with the classic beverage package as a perk and you wanted to upgrade to premium, would they use the price of the 'old' classic to calculate the upgrade or the price of the 'sale' price? It might be worth a call to see as it would certainly make for a cheap upgrade if they used the 'old' price!!!

lol - I was wondering that too - because that would make it cheaper than the "upgrade" price with the sale one.

Ok, so being the cheap-skate that I am....I did call.

The offer is for "new bookings only", so an upgrade isn't a new booking - therefore not applicable. The upgrade cost would be as usual.....10 + 18% = 11.80 per day.

She did tell me to call Canyon Ranch directly and ask to book spa appointments and they would honor the sale price.

I received an email about this sale this morning. I called the Shorex desk and asked the price on one excursion we booked about two weeks ago. The rep quoted me a price that was about $15pp MORE that what we recently booked it for. The "sale" price today is a whopping $2 pp off what we just paid. ($57 v. $59)

As another poster noted, the sale is for "new purchases" only, so the phone reps can't reprice anything already purchased. BUT they said we can do whatever we want on line (cancel and then book at the sale price). I'm not bothering over $4, especially since the problems with the new web site prevented me from booking the shore excursion on line in the first place.

I hope folks are finding some good deals though.

I looked and since we don't drink much alcohol at all I was disappointed to see that the Classic non-alcohol package was the same price, the spa discounts require the purchase of 3 or more services so that is no help to me, we pretty much avoid ship's excursions so that is no biggie and finally, we might enjoy a night or two in the Tuscan Grille but not 6 to 8 nights and we have always found plenty of sales on board during our cruises. Glad it helping many of you but the sale is a bust for us.

I'm afraid to change anything now....website is too erratic

,excursions for our next 2 cruises are booked and paid for and same with extra fee dining for next cruise,,we can always look for discount credit when we board,.

Our " sale" is that we booked early and fares have increased!

Prepare for disappointment. It's very very select excursions that qualify for the discount. Our trip only had a couple in each city that were eligible. It's like saying Huge Sale on Voyages - as long as you don't mind staying in an inside cabin on deck 3.

Prepare for disappointment. It's very very select excursions that qualify for the discount. Our trip only had a couple in each city that were eligible. It's like saying Huge Sale on Voyages - as long as you don't mind staying in an inside cabin on deck 3.

I couldn't see any on our next two cruises! Are they flagged up on the website? (The cruises are in July 2017 and August 2018)

I couldn't see any on our next two cruises! Are they flagged up on the website? (The cruises are in July 2017 and August 2018)

If you go into the shore excursions for your reservation, the ones that are on sale are clearly marked. I'm not sure if they will show up unless you are in your booked cruise.

Try that and see if any show up.

I would think your July cruise should have some offers? I haven't seen a list that specifies which cruises qualify. Our September cruise has several reduced prices on excursions and 20% off alcohol drink packages and internet and 8 dinners package. When you go in to your cruise planner, the discounted items have an orange color sale over the applicable ones, and the discount is reflected. There is at least one transatlantic in October where people are getting 50% off their alcohol drink packages - sweet deal!

I received an e-mail for this 72 hour sale. 20% off (oh up to 20%) on dining, drinks, excursions...... Wow and I can use my shipboard credit.....perfect. I went to the (up to 20% off) dining tab and did not see any discounts on the 4 night or 3 night specialty dining packages (or any discount banner shown anywhere on dining link).

Also went through the excursions and while some 'discounts' were listed there was no way (without researching) to see what the discount on these '3 day' prices amounted to. And of course these discounted excursions were 'almost sold out'.

This seems like a cheap marketing ploy to get cruisers to pre book excursions, packages.

Wasted 1/2 hour on this. C'mon X you can do better.

My 20% email also promised an on board credit.

I could see nothing in two upcoming cruises so called Miami to find out the amount I would receive.

I was told I was ineligible on both cruises and the email was sent in error.

Verges on " bait and switch" tactics which are illegal here in Australia, and whilst I don't trust the Celebrity website, I have always found the company to be ethical and have been loyal to them prior to this.

I received an e-mail for this 72 hour sale. 20% off (oh up to 20%) on dining, drinks, excursions...... Wow and I can use my shipboard credit.....perfect. I went to the (up to 20% off) dining tab and did not see any discounts on the 4 night or 3 night specialty dining packages (or any discount banner shown anywhere on dining link).

Also went through the excursions and while some 'discounts' were listed there was no way (without researching) to see what the discount on these '3 day' prices amounted to. And of course these discounted excursions were 'almost sold out'.

This seems like a cheap marketing ploy to get cruisers to pre book excursions, packages.

Wasted 1/2 hour on this. C'mon X you can do better.

Dining package discounts are on 6+ night packages.

I received multiple emails about the 72 hour sail. Every time I try to access the sale, the site fails to load, then locks me out. I've been on hold 3 times each for over 1/2 hour with CC. They sent me a link to the shore excursions. I deleted cookies and cache on 4 different browsers and each time arrived at a page that no longer exists. I am SO SICK OF LISTENING TO THE RECORDING ABOUT MODERN LUXURY!!!!!!!. :mad::mad::mad:

Edited by Luvcrusn

Dining package discounts are on 6+ night packages.

Nothing shows on my link. One poster commented that 8 night dining package was "discounted" but there was nothing I could find on the linked site that showed any dining discount. I just looked again and 3,4,5, and 10, 11 night are shown with no way I can find to access anything else. There is no banner showing discount above any dining option. I know 3 and four night are at reg prices. 10 nights are shown for 280pp which I assume is reg price. So if somebody can confirm a 6 night package is available at discount I would be interested !

Nothing shows on my link. One poster commented that 8 night dining package was "discounted" but there was nothing I could find on the linked site that showed any dining discount. I just looked again and 3,4,5, and 10, 11 night are shown with no way I can find to access anything else. There is no banner showing discount above any dining option. I know 3 and four night are at reg prices. 10 nights are shown for 280pp which I assume is reg price. So if somebody can confirm a 6 night package is available at discount I would be interested !

When is your cruise? the sale only applies from July - December 2017. If it's inside these dates then phone if you're not seeing anything online

When is your cruise? the sale only applies from July - December 2017. If it's inside these dates then phone if you're not seeing anything online

My cruise is 11 night in Oct. 2017. They sent me an e-mail directly and I could access their "deals" on some excursions. My cruise shows up and as stated under dining tab they show up to 20% off and when I click tab only non discounted options appear. There are only 3,4,5,10,11 packages shown. If you can access a 6 meal discounted plan please tell me the price.

I just purchased a 6 night package for my cruise in November. It was $154 pp ....so came to a little over $26 pp per meal.

It might depend on your particular sailing. If many of the larger packages have already been purchased, they may make those unavailable. They can only sell so many packages and then they lock others out.

I just purchased a 6 night package for my cruise in November. It was $154 pp ....so came to a little over $26 pp per meal.

It might depend on your particular sailing. If many of the larger packages have already been purchased, they may make those unavailable. They can only sell so many packages and then they lock others out.

Thanks for the reply. I did check the site early on (yesterday morning) . I noted that many of the excursions discounted noted 'few' available but all seemed available when I checked today. Glad you got savings but not exactly a positive marketing ploy for many of us. I would agree that they are doing this based on cruise so if their specialty dining packages are selling well maybe they don't offer anything on that cruise. Still a misleading practice IMHO.

I called X and wasted 20 minutes to find that there are no discounted dining options on my cruise. Good job X in sending a directed e-mail linked to my cruise and letting the passenger spend an hour fiddling around trying to get a non-existent discount. Leaves a wonderful impression.

Happy for those that received a positive result.