time zone

We are cruising on Celebrity Equinox out of Florida on 7/2/17. I am trying to book an excursion in Grand Cayman for 7/7/17 and am wondering if the cruise ship operates off the central time zone - Florida's time zone or off Eastern time zone - Cayman's local time zone?

We are scheduled to be in port from 10:30am until 6pm, but if we are on Central time zone I think that actually means we will be in Grand Cayman from 9:30- 5.

Any info would be helpful! Thanks!!

Usually, they will instruct you change your clocks to the appropriate time of the next port. This information will be placed in your cabin and also in the Daily programs schedule of events, in your cabin each evening

Jonathan

Unless there's been a geographical switch or some decree, I always thought all of Florida was in the Eastern time zone.

I always thought that too until I was talking to a gal in Florida who wanted me to build a reservations system for her company website. She, and the condo association she worked for, are in central. Odd, huh?

Unless there's been a geographical switch or some decree, I always thought all of Florida was in the Eastern time zone.

I always thought that too until I was talking to a gal in Florida who wanted me to build a reservations system for her company website. She, and the condo association she worked for, are in central. Odd, huh?

Is quoting myself better or worse than talking to myself. Who can tell.

This image shows what I meant in the previous. You can see that the "handle" part of Florida is partly in Central.

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/namerica/usstates/timezonenew.gif

Florida ports and Cayman are all in the eastern time zone. But Cayman does not observe Daylight savings time, so local time will be one hour earlier.

The Western part of the Florida panhandle is in the central time zone,

most ships change to local time

but if not GC (EST) will be 1 hour behind Florida time (EDT)

during your cruise dates

You could ask on the Celebrity forum to see how it normally works with X

Every ship is different...it's up to the captain. If you change times, you'll be notified the day prior. Your private guide will have a good idea of what each ship does, regarding time. You really don't need to fret about it. Go by SHIP'S TIME...that's ALL that matters to you!

We are cruising on Celebrity Equinox out of Florida on 7/2/17. I am trying to book an excursion in Grand Cayman for 7/7/17 and am wondering if the cruise ship operates off the central time zone - Florida's time zone or off Eastern time zone - Cayman's local time zone?

We are scheduled to be in port from 10:30am until 6pm, but if we are on Central time zone I think that actually means we will be in Grand Cayman from 9:30- 5.

Any info would be helpful! Thanks!!

The pre-cruise published port times, like airport times are the local time zone for that location. If the ship will use other than that time, you'll be informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums