martinis other than martini bar and WCB questions

39august

On RCI I can get martinis at different bars, not just the R bar. Can I get a pear or chocolate martini on S class ships other than at the martini bar, which I read is very crowded and often noisy. Anyone recently off Silly have any luck with getting something NOT on the Word Class bar menu?

You can get the more classic martinis at other bars. Chocolate martinis were not available in the Sky Lounge on Eclipse in May. I don't know about pear martinis.

We often stop by and ask for martinis to go (they put them in a different glass) and take our drinks to CellarMasters.

On our last cruise on the Solstice, our bartender in CellarMasters (which was almost always empty!) would go to the Martini Bar to get us martini's. We did tip him well for service 'above & beyond....'

Can you get a dirty martini at other bars with the Classic Beverage Package using vodka allowed in that package.

Yes! We have found on the S class ship the Ensemble Bar is a good place to get a martini, they seem to have the ingredients to make many different martini's.

We had the premium pack. My wife liked cosmos. She had one at the Martini bar and it was fantastic. She ordered one in theater and got a smaller one and it wasn't as good. We asked at the Martini Bar about it and was told that the Martini are the only one that makes the cosmo different. They make the cosmos with Grey Goose and Grand Marnier. The other bars use Absolute and Triple Sec. It didn't matter if you had the premium or not.

Before the big change in the classic many BTs told us that the classic was the best package as 90 % of the drinks that people had were in the classic.

Unless you specify what you want the BTs will give you well liquor even though you have the premium. The only exception is at the Martini Bar and World Class where those drinks are made using premium liquor.

With the new classic package they almost force you to upgrade.

You can get a dirty martini anywhere using the vodka in the classic. The vodka may be Abosulte, Ketel one or Russian Standard. Never know from day to day as during a cruise in March I asked for a Moscow Mule using Russian Standard and was told that Russian Standard was not in the premium pack and would cost $3 extra. Two days later it was in the classic. Absolute use to be a considered a premium in the USA and now is a well vodka. Crown was on the classic and now is in the premium.

I found that's I can still get just as intoxicated with the classic as I can with the premium. The only difference is the liquors I can choose from.

Drink up 🍷🍹🍸🍺

Edited by miched

You can get ANY drink at ANY bar...doesn't matter what the bar is called..they all will serve the same stuff!

I kinda wish that were true. Sadly it isn't.

Drinks in the World Class Bar are only available there. You won't be able to order any other drink that isn't on that bars exclusive list.

You'll not get all of the martinis from the martini bar menu in other bars either.

If you're lucky and get a great bar tender you might get very lucky and they might run to another bar to get you a drink as has happened to us on occasion but it would be unfair to expect this level of service.

First time on Celebrity with the Classic drink package. Know there's a max $9/drink. Are there martinis at the Martini Bar that are in this range? Can you pay the difference if the drink costs more?

Also hoping someone can share any wine list(s)? or where I might find them.

Thanks....

First time on Celebrity with the Classic drink package. Know there's a max $9/drink. Are there martinis at the Martini Bar that are in this range? Can you pay the difference if the drink costs more?

Also hoping someone can share any wine list(s)? or where I might find them.

Thanks....

Depends on the bartender and how busy it is. The Martinis in the Martini bar are served In larger glasses and are not included in the classic package. You can now pay the difference as Celebrity recently changed the rules. Sometimes you can get them to make you one in the smaller glass and as long as the booze you want is included in the classic package you won't pay an up charge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Depends on the bartender and how busy it is. The Martinis in the Martini bar are served In larger glasses and are not included in the classic package. You can now pay the difference as Celebrity recently changed the rules. Sometimes you can get them to make you one in the smaller glass and as long as the booze you want is included in the classic package you won't pay an up charge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks.....so if I upgrade to the Premium Pkg are the Martinis in the larger glasses included?