Fantastic 4th of July Sale

mrlevin

Correcting a typo in my last post, I meant to say that the sale highlights cruises that are NOT selling well.

Agree about Alaska season.... The August 23rd sailing was less than half full the last time I checked.

Correcting a typo in my last post, I meant to say that the sale highlights cruises that are NOT selling well.

Agree about Alaska season.... The August 23rd sailing was less than half full the last time I checked.

Hello, Travelcat2! (Hope I'm doing this correctly)

As a soon to be first time Regent Cruiser, I've been following Cruise Critic posts for months learning so much about our Regent in General and about our upcoming voyage. The recent trip reports have been tremendous, and comments/suggestions from loyal Regent cruisers, like you, have been truly appreciated. Thank you all!!

We've had our cruise (August 9th to Alaska on Mariner) booked for months, but I've been reading on CC that there have been some attractive offers made recently for the Alaska trips. Might you provide some insight on the following?:

~If one has already paid for a cruise, then discovers a better price, does Regent offer an adjustment?

~How does one gain visibility to a certain sailing to see that it is less than half full?

~Where might one search to find the most discounted fares? I'm a pretty capable researcher, but don't think I'm finding the "gem" of an offer that is out there.

Thank you again!

Victoria

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello, Travelcat2! (Hope I'm doing this correctly)

As a soon to be first time Regent Cruiser, I've been following Cruise Critic posts for months learning so much about our Regent in General and about our upcoming voyage. The recent trip reports have been tremendous, and comments/suggestions from loyal Regent cruisers, like you, have been truly appreciated. Thank you all!!

We've had our cruise (August 9th to Alaska on Mariner) booked for months, but I've been reading on CC that there have been some attractive offers made recently for the Alaska trips. Might you provide some insight on the following?:

~If one has already paid for a cruise, then discovers a better price, does Regent offer an adjustment?

~How does one gain visibility to a certain sailing to see that it is less than half full?

~Where might one search to find the most discounted fares? I'm a pretty capable researcher, but don't think I'm finding the "gem" of an offer that is out there.

Thank you again!

Victoria

Hi Vitoria,

I'll try to answer to the best of my ability. Since we cannot mention any travel agents or websites run by travel agents, it makes it a bit difficult.

First, when you book onboard a Regent ship, there is a guarantee so if prices decrease, you can take advantage of it. Since this will be your first Regent cruise, you were not able to take advantage of this but it is good to know for future bookings.

Second, it is important to have a TA that regularly books Regent cruises and is familiar with the ships, policies, etc. Prior to booking our next cruise, we found a "covert fare" for our August Mariner cruise, I contacted our TA who in turn contacted Regent. We were able to book the cruise with the low fare but it did not come with any on board credits or other "perks" which was fine with us.

To see how many suites are available, there is a website that I can't name. However, if you do a "pretend" booking on the Regent website you can get a good idea of how many suites are available. You can look at suites by category and they list up to six suite numbers per category. There may be more but you can also put in suite numbers to see if they are booked. It is definitely more difficult than going to a website where all available suites are listed but at least know more than you did before.

If you find a great price on a cruise and you are already booked, sometimes you can cancel and rebook your cruise - as long as you are not within the penalty phase (which you are for your upcoming cruise).

The availability on Alaska cruises is unusual and I'm not quite sure what is going on. Med. cruises have been slower to sell due to issues in several countries in Europe so we are used to seeing specials for that area.

Hope that this helps a bit. The key is really go have a great TA.

Jackie

I'll echo the suggestion of using a good TA who books a lot of Regent cruises. We had a cruise booked once a few years ago and the price dropped substantially as we got closer to our sailing date. One call to our TA and he told us he'd seen the price drop and had already contacted Regent - later that same day we got a call back from him that Regent had adjust our fare to match the newly published fare.

One call. No fuss, no muss.

Thank you again!

Victoria

Hi Victoria,

The best way to find out about the web sites that Travelcat2 and others know about is to ask people on your sailing. If there is a Cruise Critic get together, I'm sure there will be people there who would be happy to share the information.

I use a web site that shows me every available cabin on every sailing of most cruise ships.

There is also an easy way to find these special offers. Again, I can't post that information here. Wish I could help you.

The best deal i found was 11 Dec Navigator Los Angeles - Hawaii rt 18 nights. Pay for a Cat H get one of those wonderful Cat Es. You save $2500 per person plus get another $500 per person off and get $600 SBC (credit deal only good through tomorrow). Total savings $6600.

Three category upgrade can be magical on Mariner (Penthouse C for Cat F price), Navigator, and Explorer (F2 for Cat H price); not such a big deal on Voyager.

I saw on Seatrade that they are running TA incentives on Voyager and Mariner in August; hopefully both of these sales will fill up the ships; a good bottom line means a good shipboard experience.

Marc

Thank you one and all!

We do have a good TA (our friends traveling with us are Regent cruisers and have used her before) and will be well taken care of ...of that I'm certain. Even though I can't see the "best" offer out there, I am happy with our price, rebates and OBC given.

Jackie, sure wish you were sailing with us - sad to miss you by just a week or two! I'm hoping Regent, and Alaska, will win over my "I'm NEVER going on a cruise!" husband so our paths might cross on a future Regent adventure. Cheers!

Victoria

Thank you one and all!

We do have a good TA (our friends traveling with us are Regent cruisers and have used her before) and will be well taken care of ...of that I'm certain. Even though I can't see the "best" offer out there, I am happy with our price, rebates and OBC given.

Jackie, sure wish you were sailing with us - sad to miss you by just a week or two! I'm hoping Regent, and Alaska, will win over my "I'm NEVER going on a cruise!" husband so our paths might cross on a future Regent adventure. Cheers!

Victoria

Hi Victoria,

So glad that you have a good TA and sorry that we will miss you by by such a short time. My husband and I had absolutely no interest in cruising when we went to Tahiti in 2004 (on a ship no longer in the Regent fleet). We loved the cruise and became "hooked" two years later when we sailed on the Voyager to the Baltics. We were fortunate to have done international land trips for several years and loved not having to pack and re-pack every time we changed cities.

Hope that you enjoy every moment of your cruise!

Jackie

Hi Victoria,

So glad that you have a good TA and sorry that we will miss you by by such a short time. My husband and I had absolutely no interest in cruising when we went to Tahiti in 2004 (on a ship no longer in the Regent fleet). We loved the cruise and became "hooked" two years later when we sailed on the Voyager to the Baltics. We were fortunate to have done international land trips for several years and loved not having to pack and re-pack every time we changed cities.

Hope that you enjoy every moment of your cruise!

Jackie

Hope you're right, Jackie! We travel overseas extensively as well, and do so very independently, which is why my DH (darling husband, right?) thinks he will have his "wings clipped" being onboard a ship. We've been to every continent but Antarctica - my last big bucket list destination. I told him I'd give up that dream (hopefully just postpone) if he'd agree to Alaska. This trip is shorter, more diverse, cheaper and warmer...how could he possibly refuse! I know he'll have a blast and have told him as long as he'll admit to having a good time I'll never say, "I told you so!" [emoji41]

Hope you're right, Jackie! We travel overseas extensively as well, and do so very independently, which is why my DH (darling husband, right?) thinks he will have his "wings clipped" being onboard a ship. We've been to every continent but Antarctica - my last big bucket list destination. I told him I'd give up that dream (hopefully just postpone) if he'd agree to Alaska. This trip is shorter, more diverse, cheaper and warmer...how could he possibly refuse! I know he'll have a blast and have told him as long as he'll admit to having a good time I'll never say, "I told you so!" [emoji41]

Love how you are dealing with this. I kind of do the same thing but a bit in reverse when I go somewhere that I don't want to go (like our upcoming Amazon cruise and an India cruise we took a while ago). I won't complain (or, as I tell him, "I'll go with a good heart"). No matter how bad it is, I will act like everything is fine (actually, I did have a good time in India - despite the horrendous heat and am happy that I went but will never go again). On the other hand, I don't want to go to the Amazon more than I didn't want to go to India:evilsmile:

You never know, your DH may decide to do another cruise someday. There is something special about sitting on your balcony with a glass of champagne and watching the ocean and scenery (especially in Alaska). Please let us know how the cruise was when you return.

Hi Marq, can you post link again please, unable to open and those offers are not showing on the Regent Uk/Ireland website ....thank you.

The offers on the US website will not be available to Regent customers in Europe :(

However there are still some excellent discounts to be had on some of the cruises on the UK website :)

Looks like the link doesn't work in Canada either. Perhaps only people in the U.S. can "see" this sale because the 4th of July is only celebrated here?

Terms and conditions for 4th of July sale state:

not combinable with Canadian Dollars at Par.

Canadian dollar at par is a much better deal than anything going on in USA. :D

Happy Sesquicentennial Canada Day!!!!!

Marc